Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 1169
  1. #721
    Mighty Member Lonewolf36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    There is no Earths left to merge. The Towers was used to merge them in the comics now only Earth-1 remains.

  2. #722
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    468

    Default

    They can use the book to fold in stuff.

    What Earth is getting destroyed in the new trailer?

  3. #723
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,707

    Default

    I would guess that the characters that exist at the end remake the Earth according to the memories they have. So it's mostly Earth-1 with touches of Earth-38, Earth-BL, Earth-2 and any other Earths that still have survivors. Or Jennifer Pierce remakes the world in her own image. Next year they can do Zero Hour.
    Justice for Flight PS752

  4. #724
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    FINALLY! Yeesh. I'm not one to call Superman Returns Superman a "Deadbeat Dad" per se, but I've been raw about him not taking responsibility for Jason since...::checks::...2006. Wow. 13 years. And he has! I feel better now.

    So that woman's vision all the way back in an early episode of Smallville about Lex Luthor becoming president finally came true. It's unfortunate we didn't see Michael Rosenbaum, but between Phil Lamarr and Carl Lumbly on Supergirl and Kevin Conroy now, if you added Michael Rosenbaum to the mix, I would demand all four of them share a scene together.

    Wow, Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne...even if he was crazed, it was still amazing. I figured "Bat of the Future" was vague enough that it would end up being Kate, but since it was Earth-99 I thought for a second either Terry McGinnis was going to show up or Luke was going to turn out to be Batman Beyond.

    I wasn't expecting the use of Constantine and Lazarus Pits to bring back Oliver, but this is an all bets are off crossover, and it makes sense they'd think to do that. And that leads to Kara thinking about how to bring back those that were lost on Earth 38.

    So they're using a random Mick with a Snart-voiced Waverider? I get the other Legends passed on the crossover, but why was the Monitor even checking them out in last season's finale?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that book sequence was about the only time he outdid her. They did about equal against Amazo but Clark couldn't even beat Deegan Supes.
    Okay new theory. Superman just got back from Argo, where he was powerless. He was still recharging his batteries, which is why Supergirl was able to hold out her heat vision longer (and explains why he isn't as buff as either Welling or Routh).

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Eh, the Batwoman series and Titans series really are not compatible, truth be told. Titans, Bruce is active and with the Justice League, with Dick moving on from Robin and Jason... Well, no spoilers (though the actor for Jason is a scene stealer).
    Also the huge problem that is Slade Wilson.

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    -So about Welling spoilers:
    I thought he was good in this, not sure why he had to give up his powers to have kids when the other two Supermen are Dads
    end of spoilers
    Earth-38 Lois was already pregnant with Jonathan, so she had to go to Argo to have a normal strength baby. Maybe Earth-103 Clark had to give up his powers in order to impregnate Lois with a normal strength baby.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I liked the twist of Bruce being evil. It's a parallel world, so go for it. Maybe this was the inverted Injustice universe.
    I could almost see him as the DCAU version of Batman gone one step too far (similar to his Justice Lords version). He always believed he was one murder away from justifying many murders. Between him and Routh's Superman, there was influence from Injustice, Kingdom Come, and Dark Knight Returns.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how the minute they leave Lex Luthor alone for five minutes he goes on a multiverse murder spree of Supermen with the Book of Destiny. And that he was convinced Welling's Clark was the only Clark that was also Superman .
    That was funny. Lex really does have a blindspot when it comes to seeing Superman as Clark Kent!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm disappointed we didn't get to see Lois and Iris trade reporting experiences. Would've better justified having Iris around.
    I was very much waiting for that, what with Iris actually standing inside the Daily Planet building.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So if Ray and Kingdom Come Superman look the same...does that mean Ray is Earth-1 Clark or that in that Earth Ray Palmer was Superman...?
    I don't think it means that any more than it means that Earth-38's Alura is also Lois Lane on Earth-103.

  5. #725

    Default

    Can't say I'm a fan of tearing down Bruce to build Kate up. I ignored those accusations against Supergirl doing that to Superman, but this felt kinda blatant.
    The woman in the shadows with the elegant sigh. What could a common man do to catch her eye?
    Her easy manner shames me, oh I hate myself so much! I tremble and I'm breathless and I'm begging for her touch.
    She sees my anguished urges but continues smirking by, If I dare to follow her, it's likely that I'll die.
    But even as she's feeding, as my body's torn apart, Will she think upon me kindly?
    When she slowly eats my heart?

  6. #726
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,971

    Default

    Sad that Conroy and Welling cameo'd only for such a short screentime, but nevertheless it was good to see them.
    Also Lex, you petty bastard.
    As for the Anti-Monitor, I too hope he'll scale up a little.

    Was that Cowboy supposed to be Jonah Hex?

  7. #727
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Sad that Conroy and Welling cameo'd only for such a short screentime, but nevertheless it was good to see them.
    Also Lex, you petty bastard.
    As for the Anti-Monitor, I too hope he'll scale up a little.

    Was that Cowboy supposed to be Jonah Hex?
    Yes, That was Hex played by the same Actor as plays him roughly once a year on Legends
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

  8. #728
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    The general population of earth 1 should be aware of the multiverse. Someone has to explain how can additional 3 billion people suddenly showing up. I would like some kind of follow up to this once the crisis is over.

  9. #729
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of tearing down Bruce to build Kate up. I ignored those accusations against Supergirl doing that to Superman, but this felt kinda blatant.
    Does it help that it's an alternate universe evil Batman? I didn't think this was "tearing down Bruce." It was a glimpse of her possible future and a warning about going down the wrong path. This was conventional good/evil storytelling - if you go evil and start murdering people, you meet a bad end. Conroy Bruce was ultimately taken down by the morality of these stories, not just to "build up Kate."

  10. #730
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Earth-75 what universe from film or TV was it suppose to represent?
    Most likely a reference to SUPERMAN #75, the issue where he died.

  11. #731
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Most likely a reference to SUPERMAN #75, the issue where he died.
    Oooh good catch. Totally didn't occur to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Does it help that it's an alternate universe evil Batman? I didn't think this was "tearing down Bruce." It was a glimpse of her possible future and a warning about going down the wrong path. This was conventional good/evil storytelling - if you go evil and start murdering people, you meet a bad end. Conroy Bruce was ultimately taken down by the morality of these stories, not just to "build up Kate."
    Indeed. god forbid we have a story where a male hero goes bad that has female characters in it, you know, talking and doing stuff cuz that just means you are tearing the big strong man down for the sake of the female character...like bro, chill. I think it was great for one thing hearing seeing Conroy but hearing the animated Bruce. Conroy and Cullen are just the voices I need for Bats and Prime for as long as humanly possible.

    Mick as the baby whisperer was hilarious.
    Loved KC/Donnerverse Superman. Can't wait to see more with him.
    Smallville Clark just being totally not threatened by Lex and defeating him by taking the 'fun' out of things, loved that.
    Black Lightning pulled into the Arrowverse, finally. Can't wait.

    Really curious to see the resolution and what they do with the earth or couple earths that are left or whatever they do.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 12-10-2019 at 07:36 AM.

  12. #732
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,707

    Default

    I don't know much about the Injustice video games, but I do know Kevin Conroy is a voice in those and aren't they about the super-heroes going dark? We've had plenty of stories with Batman going down a dark, destructive path--so I see this as showing that version of the character. And it gave Conroy something more to do as an actor--which is probably what attracted him to the part. I think he had plenty of screen time--more than I expected.

    Tom Welling didn't get as much screen time, but what he got was worth it--it's very satisfying to see him on the farm, living a good life. Even if that whole world is about to go bye-bye.

    Have the spaceships from Earth-38 landed on Earth-1 or are they still in orbit around the planet? And what about Mars? Did J'Onn save any of his own people--and are there Martians in the Earth-1 universe? So many questions.

    Ray has an identical twin brother. So mom being proud might be a wink to that. I don't think we've ever seen Ray with his twin, but this comes close. He also has an affinity for aliens--could he be from another planet?

    Melissa Benoist brings out the best in Ruby Rose. There's something too overwrought and angsty about Kate Kane in regular episodes of BATWOMAN--maybe because she's always put in antagonistic situations with the rest of the cast. Here she got to play a softer, more friendly Kate Kane, opposite Kara--which makes me hopeful that Kate can improve on her show. I'd like to hope she'll stop writing that long letter to Bruce--as the voiceover on BATWOMAN is one of those things that makes me cringe.
    Justice for Flight PS752

  13. #733
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

    The CGI on the Supermen fight could've been better. Looked kind of like a playstation game. I did love how Routh's Superman had red Heat Vision though.

    Was that Rachel Skarsten as adult Beth? It didn't really look like her.
    That's always the case when they show characters flying and fighting. It actually reminds me of the Matrix sequels when Neo would be fighting multiple Smiths.

    And yes, that was Rachel as adult Beth. It's the brunette hair- for a second, I thought it was Melissa Benoist in the picture. It took a few beats to register that it was Beth.


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of tearing down Bruce to build Kate up. I ignored those accusations against Supergirl doing that to Superman, but this felt kinda blatant.
    It wasn't so much tearing Bruce down as it was a cautionary tale for Kate. But I have to admit- now I want to see Conroy as Earth-1's Batman, and have him show up occasionally to impart wisdom on Kate.


    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Most likely a reference to SUPERMAN #75, the issue where he died.
    Good call!

  14. #734
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't know much about the Injustice video games, but I do know Kevin Conroy is a voice in those and aren't they about the super-heroes going dark? We've had plenty of stories with Batman going down a dark, destructive path--so I see this as showing that version of the character. And it gave Conroy something more to do as an actor--which is probably what attracted him to the part. I think he had plenty of screen time--more than I expected.

    Tom Welling didn't get as much screen time, but what he got was worth it--it's very satisfying to see him on the farm, living a good life. Even if that whole world is about to go bye-bye.

    Have the spaceships from Earth-38 landed on Earth-1 or are they still in orbit around the planet? And what about Mars? Did J'Onn save any of his own people--and are there Martians in the Earth-1 universe? So many questions.

    Ray has an identical twin brother. So mom being proud might be a wink to that. I don't think we've ever seen Ray with his twin, but this comes close. He also has an affinity for aliens--could he be from another planet?

    Melissa Benoist brings out the best in Ruby Rose. There's something too overwrought and angsty about Kate Kane in regular episodes of BATWOMAN--maybe because she's always put in antagonistic situations with the rest of the cast. Here she got to play a softer, more friendly Kate Kane, opposite Kara--which makes me hopeful that Kate can improve on her show. I'd like to hope she'll stop writing that long letter to Bruce--as the voiceover on BATWOMAN is one of those things that makes me cringe.
    Injustice is about Superman becoming general zod after the Joker tricked him into killing Lois. He murders Joker in cold blood and slowly becomes a tyrant. The people on his side are there out of loyalty and fear. Batman is a paragon in Injustice. He can do no wrong.

  15. #735
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Injustice is about Superman becoming general zod after the Joker tricked him into killing Lois. He murders Joker in cold blood and slowly becomes a tyrant. The people on his side are there out of loyalty and fear. Batman is a paragon in Injustice. He can do no wrong.
    Okay, so this was like the reverse.

    I'd have to go back and watch SUPERMAN RETURNS, but they might have been paying homage to that movie with some of the effects, like with the heat vision. I don't remember how good or bad the flying was in that movie, but for a CW budget and in daytime, I thought the flying was okay. And about on the level of a lot of Marvel movies--maybe they've got better now, but some movies in the past looked ridiculous with the CGI flying characters and also with Spider-Man.

    I thought Tyler Hoechlin's Clark was a good sport, since his Lois seems to be in greater awe of Tom Welling and Brandon Routh. I guess all that time in Argo City has stunted his growth.
    Justice for Flight PS752

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •