Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    So i guess we now have

Earth-90 - Flash

Earth-66? - Robin
    Earth-75? - Wonder Woman
    Earth-2001? - Smallville
    Earth-2006? - Superman Returns
    Routh is Kingdom Come Superman not the one from Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Routh is Kingdom Come Superman not the one from Returns.
    Im just assuming thats what he eventually turned into in that reality. It was always the Kindome Come reality.

Spectacular Member

Im just assuming thats what he eventually turned into in that reality. It was always the Kindome Come reality.
    Yup, and it started in the 70s with Reeve.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I get the feeling that Dean said something that pissed off the producers, and now they don't want to bring him back. Hell, when was the last time anyone mentioned Jeremiah on Supergirl? He came back for a two parter 2 seasons ago, and then vanished.
    Dean Cain has been blacklisted due to his conservative political stances, including his involvement in an anti abortion movie.

BANNED

I am kind of ticked off that they’re involved previously DC tv shows and even nods to the films and they still aren’t touching Black Lighting due to the creative team wanting no interest in to the overall storyline. That is a bit messed up if you asked me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I am kind of ticked off that they’re involved previously DC tv shows and even nods to the films and they still aren’t touching Black Lighting due to the creative team wanting no interest in to the overall storyline. That is a bit messed up if you asked me.
    There is the logistic and financial issue of Black Lightning filming in Atlanta and the rest of the shows being filmed in Vancouver.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Logistics is what's keeping Black Lightning out. I honestly don't want that show to be in the arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    Dean Cain has been blacklisted due to his conservative political stances, including his involvement in an anti abortion movie.
    I knew it! I wonder why his politics never came up when they cast him initially, or if they were willing to ignore it at the time just to get that bit of legacy casting.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I knew it! I wonder why his politics never came up when they cast him initially, or if they were willing to ignore it at the time just to get that bit of legacy casting.
    They also cast Kevin Sorbo I think the show runners probably don't care about the actors personal politics. But the CW DC shows more than any shows I know seem to want to please Social Media. I also doubt many of the vocal Supergirl fans on Social Media are also a fan of Cain's politics which they only would had discovered his views because he was on Supergirl before that he was just an old Superman actor who I doubt they followed but once he was Kara and Alex's dad different story and there was probably unhappy reactions.

I had a feeling that Dean Cain was persona non grata due to his politics, but I'm afraid I disagree with the lefties on this one.

If you believe in tolerance, then be tolerant of those who disagree with you politically.

Now, if Cain said something racist or bigoted, that's one thing, but that rule would apply to the left as well.

Just being a Republican who is against abortion (and, by the way, many Democrats are against abortion) and starring in a movie with that subject matter should not automatically limit one's employment options, but it is becoming more and more apparent that unless you toe the line to far-leftist politics, the doors will close in Hollywood -- perhaps even if you are a moderate Democrat.

Hopefully, Berlanti can see his way clear to allow Cain back on the show.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

KINGDOM COME doesn't really work in a world wherein Superman (and maybe Supergirl) is the only superhero.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

So i guess we now have

Earth-90 - Flash

Earth-66? - Robin
    Earth-75? - Wonder Woman
    Earth-2001? - Smallville
    Earth-2006? - Superman Returns
    So if you go by the recent Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77 comics, those two shows are on the same earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    KINGDOM COME doesn't really work in a world wherein Superman (and maybe Supergirl) is the only superhero.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Who's to say other heroes didn't emerge later?

That said, the whole theory that he's playing Kingdom Come Superman is based on Brandon Routh's T-shirt at SDCC, and not much else. I think he'll be playing a character more akin to the Earth Two Superman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Just being a Republican who is against abortion (and, by the way, many Democrats are against abortion) and starring in a movie with that subject matter should not automatically limit one's employment options, but it is becoming more and more apparent that unless you toe the line to far-leftist politics, the doors will close in Hollywood -- perhaps even if you are a moderate Democrat.

Hopefully, Berlanti can see his way clear to allow Cain back on the show.
    He was on Supergirl, it's unlikely that he's been blacklisted from this particular show.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    So if you go by the recent Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77 comics, those two shows are on the same earth.

Who's to say other heroes didn't emerge later?

That said, the whole theory that he's playing Kingdom Come Superman is based on Brandon Routh's T-shirt at SDCC, and not much else. I think he'll be playing a character more akin to the Earth Two Superman.
    Yes look at the 90's Flash Earth it had several heroes emerge including John Diggle/Stewart as Green Lantern.