Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CW-Arrowverse Crossover 2019: CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS!

Sorry if the thread title spoils it for anyone, but it's already made the rounds at many comics sites as of this writing.

I haven't seen the Elseworlds crossover myself yet, so I was spoiled by the following images that came at the end of the final part:

Right now, of course, there is rampant speculation as to exactly what form the crossover will take. I agree that it can't simply be a 3-night event for something like this. I also think that Black Lightning needs to get in on it.

So, what do you guys think the CW-Crisis Crossover should be? Should it actually be a single storyline running through all episodes of all CW shows for the entire season? That way, the full ramifications can be explored and a buildup of increasing jeopardy can happen more naturally. Or is that too much Crisis?

For me, I'd want:
    - more than 3 nights, but less than a full season of all shows -- maybe a full month's of all shows worth like November sweeps or something. With 5-6 shows, that would be 20-24 parts. That should be enough Crisis for anyone.

- Black Lightning to be involved as well as Batwoman

- The story should flow through each series irrespective of whose series it is, so all characters should be featured as necessary in each chapter.

- Alternatively, Crisis could be it's OWN show. Just put all the regular series on hiatus for a month and do a 20-24 part miniseries called "Crisis on Infinite Earths" that would be a separate television series, not just a marketing title for a storyline.

- It should adhere to the comics Crisis as much as possible, which means Harbinger (who's already been introduced) and Pariah (hey, Lady Quark, too). Also, the Anti-Monitor should be the catalyst.

What are YOUR ideas for how the CW-Crisis story should play out, and how do you think the Berlanti team will actually end up handling it? Do you have confidence in Berlanti to do justice to this important story?
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 12-12-2018 at 01:19 AM.