Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 202
  1. #121
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Get Shaq O'Neil to be Steel again.
    "It's hammer time!"

  2. #122
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Anti-Monitor looks like his original version from the first issues of COIE, when he looked like a robotic Monitor; but he also looks like Moebius, Anti-Monitor true form from Darkseid War.

  3. #123
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Personally, I vote John Davey, but iím Not sure how old those guys are now.
    In their seventies. Both Bostwick and Davey are fit for their age, but I'm not sure what the standing policy on Captain Marvel/Shazam aging is.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  4. #124
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    One of the few complaints I ever had about Marv Wolfman's work is that he never came up with a name for Anti-Monitor. I mean, what is that even supposed to suggest? He doesn't monitor anything? Seems like he couldn't come up with a decent-sounding name and finally just threw his hands up and said screw it.
    The name indeed doesn't signify very much, but on the printed page, it somehow looked very ominous and menacing. I think it's lack of meaning beyond suggesting negation is what made it so terrifying despite not literally meaning much.

    The other complaint I have with Wolfman's work was how Teen Titans-centric COIE was. The Titans and their villains were far too prominent imo
    The Titans themselves were barely featured in COIE proper (just a few short appearances in the first few issues, I recall). Psimon, I think, played an outsized role considering his relative lack of pedigree and history in the DC Multiverse at the time. Other than that, however, I did not find that the Titans and their affiliates played a particularly large role in COIE. In fact, I would say they were conspicuous through their relative absence.

    Buried Alien (The Fasteset Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  5. #125
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Michael Gray with either Jackson Bostwick or John Davey as Billy Batson/Captain Marvel.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    This. A thousand times this.

  6. #126
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I won't lie- I kinda wanted the helmet. But I'm not sure how it would work on screen.
    I don't need the helmet, but giving him that kind of horrific shriveled face would be cool.

  7. #127
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The name indeed doesn't signify very much, but on the printed page, it somehow looked very ominous and menacing. I think it's lack of meaning beyond suggesting negation is what made it so terrifying despite not literally meaning much.



    The Titans themselves were barely featured in COIE proper (just a few short appearances in the first few issues, I recall). Psimon, I think, played an outsized role considering his relative lack of pedigree and history in the DC Multiverse at the time. Other than that, however, I did not find that the Titans and their affiliates played a particularly large role in COIE. In fact, I would say they were conspicuous through their relative absence.

    Buried Alien (The Fasteset Post Alive!)
    Titans in Crisis, Titans in Crisis...

    Going from memory:

    - Cyborg was one of the initial batch of heroes and villains dragged up by the Monitor
    - Changeling got sent with the group to Earth-S to recruit the Marvels
    - Starfire got sent with the group to Earth-X to recruit the Freedom Fighters
    - Raven healed Wildcat (or did she? I seem to remember that)
    - Hawk and Dove got some screen time as Dove was killed
    - Aqualad and Aquagirl got screen time when Tula was killed
    - Kid Flash was, of course, all over the place
    - Speedy kept popping up (although sometimes miscolored as the Earth-2 Green Arrow)
    - Kole got kilt, 'cause that was kind of her job
    - Plasmus got to do major damage to Steel
    - Psimon was called up to the Monitor's satellite, and later got himself killed by Brainiac. Which is good, 'cause Psimon was a weasely putz.
    - I think Mammoth and Shimmer got lines.
    - Dick and Donna may have been the Titans with the smallest footprint.

    They weren't dominant AS Titans, but they definitely were peppered throughout. Of course, they WERE the best thing DC had going at the time, so y'know, it kind of made sense. Not doing so would be like having Secret Wars without featuring the X-Men.

  8. #128
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't need the helmet, but giving him that kind of horrific shriveled face would be cool.
    Is he really the Anti-Monitor without the helmet, though?

  9. #129
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Titans in Crisis, Titans in Crisis...

    Going from memory:

    - Cyborg was one of the initial batch of heroes and villains dragged up by the Monitor
    - Changeling got sent with the group to Earth-S to recruit the Marvels
    - Starfire got sent with the group to Earth-X to recruit the Freedom Fighters
    - Raven healed Wildcat (or did she? I seem to remember that)
    - Hawk and Dove got some screen time as Dove was killed
    - Aqualad and Aquagirl got screen time when Tula was killed
    - Kid Flash was, of course, all over the place
    - Speedy kept popping up (although sometimes miscolored as the Earth-2 Green Arrow)
    - Kole got kilt, 'cause that was kind of her job
    - Plasmus got to do major damage to Steel
    - Psimon was called up to the Monitor's satellite, and later got himself killed by Brainiac. Which is good, 'cause Psimon was a weasely putz.
    - I think Mammoth and Shimmer got lines.
    - Dick and Donna may have been the Titans with the smallest footprint.

    They weren't dominant AS Titans, but they definitely were peppered throughout. Of course, they WERE the best thing DC had going at the time, so y'know, it kind of made sense. Not doing so would be like having Secret Wars without featuring the X-Men.
    I noticed that in COIE, it seems like while nearly all DC heroes took part in the event, they took part as individuals and not as members of their usual teams. As you observed, the Titans were there, but only briefly were they seen together as a unit. Similarly, nearly every member of the Justice League and Justice Society was featured in COIE, but they did not battle the Anti-Monitor as their usual team units, but as individuals or a very loose coalition of individuals.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  10. #130
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    SPOILERS

    So...going by the announcements of the last few days we have...

    THREE Supermen (Hoechlin, Welling and Routh)
    Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter)
    Robin (Burt Ward)

  11. #131
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    SPOILERS

    So...going by the announcements of the last few days we have...

    THREE Supermen (Hoechlin, Welling and Routh)
    Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter)
    Robin (Burt Ward)
    RIP Adam West.

  12. #132
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    SPOILERS

    So...going by the announcements of the last few days we have...

    THREE Supermen (Hoechlin, Welling and Routh)
    Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter)
    Robin (Burt Ward)
    Would it be too much to hope for that all the actors appeared together with the arrowverse characters? I could care less about welling, but psyched for everyone else.

  13. #133
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,731

    Default

    When's Dean Cain Superman?

  14. #134
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    When's Dean Cain Superman?
    I get the feeling that Dean said something that pissed off the producers, and now they don't want to bring him back. Hell, when was the last time anyone mentioned Jeremiah on Supergirl? He came back for a two parter 2 seasons ago, and then vanished.

  15. #135
    Incredible Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    670

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •