Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1209

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    No, we got two more eps of Arrow to go. The penultimate episode will be the backdoor spinoff pilot "Green Arrow and the Canaries", and then the following week we'll get the series finale entitled "Fadeout".
    Thank you, I was unaware. That complaint is now gone.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Thank you, I was unaware. That complaint is now gone.
    Sure no problem.

Incredible Member

lame ending but expected. arrowverse heroes , carebear stare. guess kevin tran received the power of the cw gods to punch those dementors into oblivion.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Where does Ryan Choi go from here? Does he go away? Replace Ray on Legends? Become a supporting character on Flash?

That finale was incredible and exceeded expectations in every way.

I've always worried about the Flash movie possibly causing the end of the show since the Suicide Squad movie made them screw over it's characters in Arrow. But Ezra's Flash instantly won me over, even more so when I read afterwards that apparently the movie people asked if he could be involved (rather than having been asked by the TV team). I'd love to see them meet again whether on TV or in the movies or better yet; both!

Definitely curious how they'll handle Laurel in the Green Arrow spin off given her whole Earth-2 backstory and it now being (seemingly) impossible in the new timeline.

Loved that Routh's Superman survived and is back in the classic costume. Not sure whether it's meant to be that the Joker's killing spree didn't happen in the reboot or that he's moved on and got his hope back after it. I hope it's the latter as that would be a nice optimistic take, but either is cool.

I don't follow Titans and Doom Patrol but I thought they'd crossed over with each other before so I thought it was weird that they got separate numbered Earths in the end.

Having never heard of Gleek I'd assumed from what was shown that it must be another Gorilla Grodd related character (sibling, partner, kid or some such). Interesting to see that it's somehow something even weirder!

Loved the return of Beebo. Always great stuff.

Delighted to see all the Earths merged and presumably more small crossovers to come (I read either Batwoman is in an episode of Supergirl or vice versa later this season but forget which way around it was).

I'd never watched Black Lightning before because of the original announcement claiming it would never cross over with the main shows universe. But after how great he was in the crossover and the fact that it's now part of the main world I'm definitely watching from now on and may even have to catch up on the backstory.

Can't wait to see where things go in all the shows now. Especially Flash finally not having this crisis looming over him which he's had from the very beginning and Batwoman getting back to it's main storyline (my favourite of the shows already)!

Elden: Gleek is an annoying alien monkey from the Super Friends cartoon show.

Also where they got the Hall of Justice.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I guess we'll get some answers concerning Oliver in the final ep of ARROW.

I do wonder if the voiceover at the end of COIE implies that he survived in his Spectre form?

Or was it something more like Spock's take on 'space, the final frontier' at the end of TWOK (since Spock was originally going to stay dead)?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    BTW, was the President someone I should know?
    My understanding is that she was an actress on Babylon 5. Since I didn't watch it, I have no idea who she is. Other than she played a sci-fi character on another sci-fi show, IDK what her connection to the DCU is. If any. My guess is Lynda Carter was asking too much and she was available.
    Assassinate Putin!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I know it doesn't matter but TITANS, DOOM PATROL, and STARGIRL are all in the same universe. DOOM PATROL is a spin off of TITANS, and Beast Boy comes from that team. That should be Earth Prime. The CW Earth should be Earth 967 or something!

The CW Justice League looks really terrible, I was hoping this would wipe them all out and we'd pick things up in the reality of Routh's Superman. Oh, well.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-16-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I know it doesn't matter but TITANS, DOOM PATROL, and STARGIRL are all in the same universe. DOOM PATROL is a spin off of TITANS, and Beast Boy comes from that team. That should be Earth Prime. The CW Earth should be Earth 967 or something!

The CW Justice League looks really terrible, I was hoping this would wipe them all out and we'd pick things up in the reality of Routh's Superman. Oh, well.
    When you consider why and how they used that Superman, I don't think that could ever have been the plan. That's like upending what, 4 shows with their own history for a version of a character that hasn't been seen in 15 or so years and match them to his world. Logistically speaking, that honestly could not work, rebooting 80% of the CW range.

Incredible Member

Doom Patrol and Titans were always in different continuities, it's only normal they made them different universes now. Besides, there can still be a Doom Patrol on Titans Earth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Doom Patrol and Titans were always in different continuities, it's only normal they made them different universes now. Besides, there can still be a Doom Patrol on Titans Earth.
    Yeah that's what the Doom Patrol guys wanted. During the series they broke off into their own universe (there are several continuity errors otherwise) and there is also a Doom Patrol in the Titans universe, but it's not the same group as the TV series.

I've always worried about the Flash movie possibly causing the end of the show since the Suicide Squad movie made them screw over it's characters in Arrow. But Ezra's Flash instantly won me over, even more so when I read afterwards that apparently the movie people asked if he could be involved (rather than having been asked by the TV team). I'd love to see them meet again whether on TV or in the movies or better yet; both!
    I'm assuming they have the plot of the Flash movie by now and if the movie people asked then they this meeting probably took place at some point in the movie.

If all the universes were wiped out, then the DCEU was somehow immune or it is wiped out and DCEU Flash is also going through his own adventure and is somehow unaware. (Which seemed to be the case)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

They're not.

Titans doesn’t deserve to be in the same universe as Doom Patrol. Would have been neat if Swamp Thing was though. Could have brought him in for an episode. Resolve loose ends.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-16-2020 at 02:16 PM.

The ending was fun enough. Could've done without the Green Arrow clamoring.