Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I feel like whoever survives get melded in new Earth. Except of course Earth 90's Flash and Old Superman, and whoever else.

They prob might keep some more Earths but not many.

Here’s another question; Bruce was able to send Kara flying with the exoskeleton, but Kate could take him down?

BANNED

Kryptonite.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Here’s another question; Bruce was able to send Kara flying with the exoskeleton, but Kate could take him down?
    It uped his strength but a good punch to the jaw could still take him out.

I also really liked Welling's cameo. I knew he wouldn't suit up, but I was surprised he gave up his powers. But I like how he was totally non-chalant about all of these people appearing, and how he totally dismissed Lex. And it was nice to see Lois again, even if it made me sad that Alura was dead.

Not expecting them to bring Oliver back with a Lazarus pit. Wonder how they'll get his soul back now.

I liked the twist of Bruce being evil. It's a parallel world, so go for it. Maybe this was the inverted Injustice universe. Also clever how Kate swiped the kryptonite- either as a just in case, or to prevent Kara from doing something that could kill her.

While I like the friendship between Kate and Kara, it is a bit strange how trusting Kara is of someone who she's only known for a few hours.

Also, my gripe for this episode- the fight choreography for Batwoman as a whole is very lackluster. It kind of made sense here- Kevin probably couldn't move much in that exoskeleton suit. But I've been noticing more and more that when Batwoman fights, we never see her face and the fights are cut really fast. I know Ruby can't do most of her own stunts anymore due to her injury, but they really need to find another stunt woman to do the fights, or plan them out better.

So great seeing Brandon in the suit again. And they mentioned his son!

Loving the music cues from the larger DC universe.

So, with the destruction of Black Lightning's universe, I'm now starting to wonder if they will be restoring the multiverse after all instead of merging everything. I guess they still could merge, but we all know that Gambi and the rest of the Jeffersons aren't dead for good. I also wonder of Jen will join up with her dad during the Crisis- she was pure energy when the wave hit, so maybe she went somewhere else.

You'd think if the Monitor turned Lyla into Harbinger, he would make sure there wasn't a way for the Anti Monitor to control her.

Retired

Mick is from a different Earth--he's only had one book published, which he had to publish himself. The Legends are inactive, but Leonard is the AI. And I gather that Constantine was from Earth-1--I guess he went against the Legends agreement not to take part in anymore crossovers (or he doesn't fancy himself a Legend).

I liked that this episode slowed things down and centred on telling the stories of particular characters. And had some humour. The previous episode was so heavy, a little comic relief was welcome.

Welling looks like he could be John Schneider's biological son.

The BLACK LIGHTNING crossover was pretty frickin' awesome, too.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Speaking of unpacking....
    1) I’m confused; was mick the legends’ mick, or one from an alternate timeline? He basically served no purpose other than comic relief, which makes me sad.
    2) this whole Lazarus pit thing was a waste of time, but I see the possibilities.
    3)can’t say I’m really surprised by welling’s non super role in this- didn’t really bother me. I gave up on smallville once it ended. Liked seeing Jon cryer though.
    4) the super battle was fun, but why was iris there again?
    5) I got a phone call during Kate and kara’s final talk, so I have to watch it again- the fact that she has Bruce’s kryptonite makes me worry. And Batman going nuts- well... not sure why that happened.

1.) It was an alternate Mick.
    4.) screen time
    5.) Kate was remarking about how Kara found her hope again; Kara then said she was going to ignore the Monitor and use the Book of Destiny to bring back Earth 38, consequences be damned. And after she left, Kate revealed that she had taken the kryptonite from Bruce, and it's implied she'll use it to stop Kara to protect her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So I realised that will bring back some of the Earths at the end. How many? Need we ask? 52 of course.

Loved Smallville and Superman Returns Clark's. But who did he say gassed Metropolis and kill everyone?
    He didn't outright say it, but it was the Joker. Clark called him a reject from Gotham.

Earth-75 what universe from film or TV was it suppose to represent?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    The Donnerverse?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The Donnerverse?
    No thats the Kingdome Come Superman Earth-96. Superman III was referenced. Thought it was the Adventures of Superboy Earth as per the net but now it Looks more like It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's Superman TV special from 1975 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s...t%27s_Superman
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 12-09-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Retired

So what are the rules on dating your cousin from another universe? Does Kara have a hall pass?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Musical Superman. 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Musical Superman. 1975.
    Thats what i thought.

BANNED

Smallville number is probably a homage to the year Flash and Superman raced.

Kate looked so awkward at that drinking for Oliver scene. I mean, she really only knew him for five minutes at best, so it's understandable.

Harbinger not telling Diggle Oliver was dead is...probably not going to end well.

Now that I think about it, Ray would probably know who Bruce Wayne is since they were likely peers on Earth-1. So it was nice to see him react to learning Bruce Wayne is Batman.

The Legends are so done with crossovers that they have to recruit an AU version of Mick and the Waverider to get involved. Like, jeez, was Earth-X that bad (aside from scheduling)? Although I'd have to think the rest of the team will at least pop up for the final battle. I'm glad Constantine finally got to be in a crossover though.

Mick combating with a Waverider AI based off Captain Cold is too entertaining for words. Snart only has, like, 3-4 lines in the episode but he's already getting to Gideon-levels of entertaining.

I don't think The Monitor has ever had his monologue interrupted by a baby before. Jon getting along with Mick could be pretty hilarious to see followed up on once he's older.

So our Paragons are Supergirl, White Canary, Kingdom Come Superman, Batwoman, and presumably Green Arrow, Flash, and maybe Martian Manhunter or Black Lightning?

I have to wonder what Nyssa told Mia about Sara. I think this is the first time anyone's mentioned Nyssa to Sara in years.

I love how the minute they leave Lex Luthor alone for five minutes he goes on a multiverse murder spree of Supermen with the Book of Destiny. And that he was convinced Welling's Clark was the only Clark that was also Superman .

I'm disappointed we didn't get to see Lois and Iris trade reporting experiences. Would've better justified having Iris around.

I guess if any Superman would give up his powers to be an ordinary farmer, it'd be Welling's Clark. Him throwing the Kryptonite away and punching Luthor in the face was awesome. As was seeing Erica Durance as Lois again.

Isn't it weird that in an episode dedicated to Luthor killing Supermen, he hardly interacts at all with his Superman (Hoechlin)? Are they saving that for Hoechlin's show or something?

Routh played Clark/Superman again so naturally that I'm amazed it's been so long since he last got to play The Man of Steel, which makes me all the more bummed he never got the chance to continue with the role until now. But man, that suit looked amazing .

So if Ray and Kingdom Come Superman look the same...does that mean Ray is Earth-1 Clark or that in that Earth Ray Palmer was Superman...?

Okay, so Routh's Superman is pretty definitively the Donner Superman. They reference Superman III and Returns with Jason. I guess on the plus side for this Clark, he and Lois reconciled and got married before she died.

The CGI on the Supermen fight could've been better. Looked kind of like a playstation game. I did love how Routh's Superman had red Heat Vision though.

I was hoping to hear the BTAS theme for Conroy's Earth, but a riff on Burton Batman is fine too. At least we got the John Williams theme for Routh's Superman.

How do we know Earth-1 Luke doesn't have those abs? We've never seen him shirtless .

I think that's the first time Kate has called Luke a friend. I doubt she'd ever say it to his face though.

Conroy's Batman is Kingdom Come mixed with Dark Knight Returns with literally no inhibitions to the point where he became everything Batman isn't. It's rare to see Conroy voice an evil version of Batman, so that was pretty trippy.

I liked seeing the proper Batcave under the Manor. I dunno, they kinda built a set for it, so I wonder if we'll see the Earth-1 version?

So, uh...Ruby Rose killed Kevin Conroy...?

Was that Rachel Skarsten as adult Beth? It didn't really look like her.

I wish we could've gotten the real Jonah Hex and not a sexist desperado version from another Earth.

So Oliver is physically alive again, but they need to find a way to get his soul back. If Constantine can't do it, I don't know what can short of the Book of Destiny doing it or someone going to Heaven (?) to bring it back.

I guess Kate couldn't resist grabbing some Kryptonite. With Oliver dying, the resident Team Normal hero will need to have some Kryptonite, and who better then a Bat?

The Anti-Monitor...looked shorter then I was expecting. I guess he'll get bigger the more Earths he consumes. Kind of given me movie Apocalypse vibes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I find it odd how nothing from Wonder Woman's mythos made it into the Arrowverse outside that one time Zari dropped off Helen of Troy at Themyscira.
    Cheetah was also referenced on Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Also, my gripe for this episode- the fight choreography for Batwoman as a whole is very lackluster. It kind of made sense here- Kevin probably couldn't move much in that exoskeleton suit. But I've been noticing more and more that when Batwoman fights, we never see her face and the fights are cut really fast. I know Ruby can't do most of her own stunts anymore due to her injury, but they really need to find another stunt woman to do the fights, or plan them out better.
    I have to agree. I enjoy Batwoman but the fight choreography does feel lacking, especially compared to Arrow.
    So, with the destruction of Black Lightning's universe, I'm now starting to wonder if they will be restoring the multiverse after all instead of merging everything. I guess they still could merge, but we all know that Gambi and the rest of the Jeffersons aren't dead for good. I also wonder of Jen will join up with her dad during the Crisis- she was pure energy when the wave hit, so maybe she went somewhere else.
    I foresee Earth-38 and maybe Black Lightning's Earth merging with Earth-1, with bits and pieces of the other Earths sprinkled in.