Page 1 of 81 123451151 ... LastLast

Default CW-Arrowverse Crossover 2019: CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS!

Sorry if the thread title spoils it for anyone, but it's already made the rounds at many comics sites as of this writing.

I haven't seen the Elseworlds crossover myself yet, so I was spoiled by the following images that came at the end of the final part:

Right now, of course, there is rampant speculation as to exactly what form the crossover will take. I agree that it can't simply be a 3-night event for something like this. I also think that Black Lightning needs to get in on it.

So, what do you guys think the CW-Crisis Crossover should be? Should it actually be a single storyline running through all episodes of all CW shows for the entire season? That way, the full ramifications can be explored and a buildup of increasing jeopardy can happen more naturally. Or is that too much Crisis?

For me, I'd want:
    - more than 3 nights, but less than a full season of all shows -- maybe a full month's of all shows worth like November sweeps or something. With 5-6 shows, that would be 20-24 parts. That should be enough Crisis for anyone.

- Black Lightning to be involved as well as Batwoman

- The story should flow through each series irrespective of whose series it is, so all characters should be featured as necessary in each chapter.

- Alternatively, Crisis could be it's OWN show. Just put all the regular series on hiatus for a month and do a 20-24 part miniseries called "Crisis on Infinite Earths" that would be a separate television series, not just a marketing title for a storyline.

- It should adhere to the comics Crisis as much as possible, which means Harbinger (who's already been introduced) and Pariah (hey, Lady Quark, too). Also, the Anti-Monitor should be the catalyst.

What are YOUR ideas for how the CW-Crisis story should play out, and how do you think the Berlanti team will actually end up handling it? Do you have confidence in Berlanti to do justice to this important story?
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 12-12-2018 at 01:19 AM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Recruit all significant living actors from all previous DC movies and TV series from the past fifty years.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Recruit all significant living actors from all previous DC movies and TV series from the past fifty years.

This.

Also, if somebody has to die, let it be Oliver Queen.

His story is more or less done, it would be the perfect way out, and with Emiko Queen, we'd have the perfect Legacy Character.

Well, lead actors of TV series are often signed to 7-year contracts, and Amell has already stated that his is 7 years, so if CW and the producers do want Arrow to come back, they have to renegotiate with him (and probably others in the cast). This might just mean that Green Arrow will die at the end of this season and won't be in next season's crossover to begin with.

Hopefully, he still wants to come back and they can come to terms so that he can participate.

Or, maybe they WILL try to continue the series with a new lead Arrow.

On another note, I do like the idea of having legacy DC actors appear in the crossover.

I just wish the whole thing were happening in the movies, so that both movie and TV actors could appear and the budget would be there to bring everything to life properly.

Can Crisis really even be done on a TV budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    With the current state of editing they wouldn't even have to limit it to living actors. How about George Reeves, Noel Neill, and Jack Larson on Earth-52 and Adam West and Cesar Romero on Earth-66.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    With the current state of editing they wouldn't even have to limit it to living actors. How about George Reeves, Noel Neill, and Jack Larson on Earth-52 and Adam West and Cesar Romero on Earth-66.
    Love it, but can they really pull it off in a way that is plausible and respectful to the late actors of yesteryear?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I dont like the idea of killing him or his earth off, but bringing back Tom Welling as Clark for this event is a Must and I think he’s the most sensible choice to kill

Also the Legends have to be part of this- They are mentioned in Flash’s Newspaper from the future alongside Hawkgirl, Psycho Pirate and Thawne who also have to be there

John Glover has responded to the news:
    BF3197D4-E690-4FDA-A1B4-D860AEA0521C.jpg
    Last edited by Denirac; 12-12-2018 at 03:56 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I posted this in the other thread

DC has shows on TV that work together which have

Superman
    Supergirl
    BatGirl
    Flash
    Martian Manhunter
    Firestorm
    Atom
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    HawkGirl/Hawkman
    John Diggle(John Stewart)

Black Lightning
    Mr.Terrific
    Vixen
    Vibe
    Gypsy
    Killer Frost
    Plastic Man
    Brainiac

We are a Wonder Woman and Aquaman character away from every major Justice League character being represented and that is crazy. And they are about to do Crisis on infinite earths this is so cool.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-12-2018 at 04:45 AM.

I only have one demand: MORE JOHN WESLEY SHIPP AS 90's FLASH!!!!!!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

My request , stated elsewhere in the subforum, is for the Spectre. He was hinted at in the Constantine show and Jim Corrigan exists there.

Also, Krypto, Streaky and the superhorse/dude (Kara needs a friend). Not really for the animals.

Ollie is the best character they have, don't kill him off. You could blow up the clown crew from Legends.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I posted this in the other thread

DC has shows on TV that work together which have

Superman
    Supergirl
    BatGirl
    Flash
    Martian Manhunter
    Firestorm
    Atom
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    HawkGirl/Hawkman
    John Diggle(John Stewart)

Black Lightning
    Mr.Terrific
    Vixen
    Vibe
    Gypsy
    Killer Frost
    Plastic Man
    Brainiac

We are a Wonder Woman and Aquaman character away from every major Justice League character being represented and that is crazy. And they are about to do Crisis on infinite earths this is so cool.

Batgirl that you listed is actually Batwoman
    Plastic Man that you listed is actually Elongated Man

pretty cool stuff
    Last edited by Starrius; 12-12-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

This CANNOT be just a 4 episode crossover.

This needs to be an entire season, or at least half the season.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Of all the movie people, Brandon Routh as Donner’s Superman makes the most sense to show up.

Though of the current movie people, Ezra Miller or Jason Momoa seem the most likely willing/able.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Can Crisis really even be done on a TV budget?
    Oh, anything can be done on a TV budget. Having it done well? That's a different question.

The SFX on the CW shows are pretty good. I tend to be more frustrated at fight choreography (you're an army of alternate universe Nazis! Your guns are drawn and ready! Why are you walking en masse into melee range?!) and the over-cheesiness of some of their scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    John Glover has responded to the news:
    BF3197D4-E690-4FDA-A1B4-D860AEA0521C.jpg
    His Luthor was an insufferable, smug, conniving, arrogant, vain weasel.

So yeah, let's bring him back, too! Seriously. He'll show these CW villains how it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I only have one demand: MORE JOHN WESLEY SHIPP AS 90's FLASH!!!!!!!!
    Co-signed. With real battles and 90s sound effects! (you can kind of hear it when the gang confronts the Monitor, but still. More is better.)

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

So, let’s play with this a bit.

What are ten things you’d like to see in this crossover.

Here is my list.

-At least seven hour long episodes. Make it an entire Crisis Week.
    -Bring at least some version of Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman into this.
    -Bring back previous DC stars into the Crisis. Routh/Welling as Superman, etc......
    -Powergirl.
    -A merging of Earth’s so that the shows can more easily crossover.
    -Dr. Fate or the Spectre stepping up.
    -If it’s all changed afterwards, I want a proper Black Canary/Green Arrow romance.
    -A proper Special Effects budget. Don’t be afraid to make it big.
    -More Flashes. I think it would be neat to see an alternate red haired Wally show up.
    -Zatanna and the Batclan proper showing up.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM