Page 19 of 81 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Seems like TV shows never allow Superman to have his trademark spit curl.
    Routh has it in that pic.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Routh has it in that pic.
    He has a curl hanging over to the side, but he doesn't have the traditional curl hanging over his forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hes a little closer to the camera but I belive hes the biggest person to ever play superman. Canvil mass size was probaly bigger in Wellings prime but Welling has gotten pretty thick since then and has always been taller.
    Tom is not the biggest Clark, tho he is a legit large-frame 6'3".

Christopher Reeve (1st purely cinematic feature Supes) and Bob Holiday (Broadway Supes) are the biggest Live-action Clark Kents, both of them legit 6'4" large frames.

ar-cwn2138-crossover-harbinger-v3-web-1189920.jpg

And Lyla will be Harbinger!

I like to think she told the producers "Ok, I'll play Harbinger, but her costume better have pants!"

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I like to think she told the producers "Ok, I'll play Harbinger, but her costume better have pants!"
    And they can say they've been setting this up since early Arrow .

(I'm only mildly disappointed she's wearing pants).

Now just give me John as Green Lantern and I can die happy.

Astonishing Member

With all these Supermen around, I'm kinda wondering what roles they'll all be playing.

Coincidentially (or perhaps not!) there are three Supermen in this version of COIE, and three Supermen in the original story too!

Hoechlin's Superman is easily the stand-in for the 'Earth 1 Superman'. He's the 'mainstream' version of the character in this continuity, and Kara's cousin. That said, I have a feeling that he might be one of the major character deaths. He'll be killed off, and the iconic image of Superman cradling Supergirl from the comics will be replicated, with their positions reversed.

Routh's Superman is basically 'Earth 2 Superman' in this context, although the costume suggests Kingdom Come. He's the older Superman, and represents an older more 'classic' version of the character in a certain sense. I think if you consider the fact that Routh's Superman is basically supposed to be the same version as the one from the Donner movie, you realize that this is definitely a 'vintage' version of the character. I can expect this Superman getting some kind of happy send-off, though it probably won't be with his Lois (who, based on the KC inspiration, would be dead). Maybe he ends up as a surrogate cousin of sorts to Kara. Or goes off exploring the Multiverse in the end.

Now this puts Welling's Superman in an interesting position. Is he supposed to be Superboy Prime? Interestingly, Welling is the only one of the three who arguably played a version of 'Superboy' (sans costume and name) rather than a fully-established 'Superman'...so it kinda works. But he's also a very different character from the Superboy Prime of the comics. Also, I doubt they'd make this beloved take on Clark Kent evil (then again, Superboy Prime was a hero in the original COIE story). I can see him surviving in some way or form by the end of this as well.

Incredible Member

My predictions are:

-Hoechlin will survive, he has a wife and newborn son.

-Routh will die, he doesn't have a family anymore, and maybe Hoechlin will carry his body if they recreate the Superman-Supergirl iconic image from CoIE.

-Welling would probable survive, mainly if the multiverse survives this crisis.

I have always the Legends to explore the multiverse since S2.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Always considered Arrowverse Lyla pretty high up on the list of adaptations that have nothing to do with their comic counterpart besides using the name as an Easter egg. Surprised they’re actually going to pay this off. Wonder if she’s going to kill Moniter.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Tom is not the biggest Clark, tho he is a legit large-frame 6'3".

Christopher Reeve (1st purely cinematic feature Supes) and Bob Holiday (Broadway Supes) are the biggest Live-action Clark Kents, both of them legit 6'4" large frames.
    Yea All I can find on Welling is that he was about 190lbs in season 1 and 2 when he was pretty scrawny. He said he put 30lbs of muscle on as the show went ond. Which put him about even with Reeves max weight. And anyone who takes one look at Welling can see that dude is even bigger now. I dont know the Broadway guy so yea ima leave that alone. But just looking at them Tom Welling is just a larger guy then the rest. If he did Henry Canvill mexican supplement ridden workout he would be gigantic. And that's not a knock on Canvill. Dudes probaly had the smallest frame but commited and got jacked to the point his muscles didnt even look real. So hats off to Henry but you can easily fit his frame inside of Wellings. While lean for most of smallville he just has a towering frame. And I don't know if its muscle or fat under that clothes but hes gotten much bigger in appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    With all these Supermen around, I'm kinda wondering what roles they'll all be playing.
    As usual for the crossovers, their primary function will be to ensure there is as little screen time or significant contribution to the plot as possible from Supergirl.

And they'll probably all end up saving her at some point. In turn.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Astonishing Member

Would it be too much to throw in a couple of characters from the failed CBS Justice League pilot?

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Would it be too much to throw in a couple of characters from the failed CBS Justice League pilot?
    Rather see Powerless characters then.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Now just give me John as Green Lantern and I can die happy.
    Facts on Facts. Just give us like a six second shot of Diggle doing something cool as a GL and I am good. I mean the fan service of this is already going to be through the roof and I am here for all of it.

Cheap Plug for myself:

I also think Welling has been the biggest Clark actor naturally. Reeve was more of an skinny guy before Superman, though he was very tall.

Next Routh and Cavill but with different body shapes. Cavill really got big with diet and exercise, see JL. But he's not as tall as Welling.