Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

I'm surprised they didn't really put the old age makeup on Stephen for the 2046 stuff.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Watching it again so I can do my recap of it (for my 5 loyal viewers, lol) but it seemed like there was a little bit of it.

Anyone else severely underwhelmed by Mia's "costume?" (it's more an outfit) First of all, it's not green....

Wait, if the Legion left their cruiser behind, how did the rest of them get back to the future?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Wait, if the Legion left their cruiser behind, how did the rest of them get back to the future?
    Maybe the ship had a time bubble life-boat?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Anyone else severely underwhelmed by Mia's "costume?" (it's more an outfit) First of all, it's not green....
    Looks green to me.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Amell to showrunner/writers - Guys I have totally mastered crying on command. I think Ollie should cry as much as possible in the final season.

Showrunner/Writers - Right Stephen I am sure we can make it into a few scenes and --

Amell - ALL OF THE SCENES!

Showrunner/Writers - Maybe like once an episode.

Amell - Accepted.

**** the haters. I'm crying right now.

Did Ollie's deathbed scene remind anyone else of Optimus Prime's death at the beginning of the Transformers movie? It was really unexpected to happen so early on. (although I think I was more moved by Optimus's death - partly because I almost don't believe we won't see Ollie again before the end)

It has its problems but damn if i am not a fan of trying... anyone want to see my review?

https://youtu.be/ixmx4SpRHHY
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Did Ollie's deathbed scene remind anyone else of Optimus Prime's death at the beginning of the Transformers movie? It was really unexpected to happen so early on. (although I think I was more moved by Optimus's death - partly because I almost don't believe we won't see Ollie again before the end)
    It didn't at the time, but now that you say that, it does feel remarkably similar.

There have been pictures of Oliver in the season 1 island costume (maroon shirt and Shado's hood) hugging Mia, so I'm pretty sure we'll see him again. But I still cried when he died.

I'm almost annoyed that Kelly has the Guardian shield, but I do like that James gave his sister something to protect herself, and she was able to use it in a desperate situation.

So Earth-1's population just jumped to about 11 billion people. I hope we get something about how the world in general reacts to that.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 12-08-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It didn't at the time, but now that you say that, it does feel remarkably similar.

There have been pictures of Oliver in the season 1 island costume (maroon shirt and Shado's hood) hugging Mia, so I'm pretty sure we'll see him again. But I still cried when he died.

I'm almost annoyed that Kelly has the Guardian shield, but I do like that James gave his sister something to protect herself, and she was able to use it in a desperate situation.

So Earth-1's population just jumped to about 11 billion people. I hope we get something about how the world in general reacts to that.
    Probably won’t there would be mass starvation, economic collapse and other grim dark stuff.

Incredible Member

That the CW has the cojones to do a full blown Crisis while their movie universe stumbles along, is one of the great ironies. I'm surprised just how packed this installment was. On another note, sad to see an essential piece of my boomer childhood is now gone "forever". RIP old chum and Earth 66.

So we now have 7 destroyed Univeres, 2, 9, 38, 66, 89, 90, X?

Retired

I saw an interview with Amell where he said that every episode this season he was saying good-bye to an actor he had worked with before, doing their final scene together. So it really took an emotional toll on him. It didn't take much motivation to get him to cry--those tears were real.

I didn't think they really needed to explain away the continuity differences in 2046 from before--since time travel keeps changing the timeline--but they probably put it on another Earth so Lotz could have a special scene with Amell. He did look old enough to me--not too heavily made up to look old, which would have just got in the way of his face acting.

In the middle of the episode, I thought they were giving Oliver a lot of screen time, but the ending explained why that had to be the case. The stuff with Team Supergirl was kind of unnecessary (but maybe necessary for people who haven't been watching their series). I imagine there will be less of them in the next episodes--although we didn't see Lex yet, so there will have to be a team-up between him and Lena. I really don't like her anymore--but Jon Cryer brings out the best in his scene partners.

Mia's outfit is a starter costume. As I recall, Oliver's costume became more Green Arrow-ish with each season. Mia hasn't even had a season of her own yet. You gotta earn your suit up.