Page 38 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    The unknow says Martian Manhunter to me for some reason.
    It resembles his classic chest harness.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    It resembles his classic chest harness.
    That's it! I knew something about it reminded me of him. Thanks!

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

It's here!

Beat me by a second!
    The scene where Kate and Bruce see each other is about 98% what I imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Standing in an old quarry? Is this a DOCTOR WHO crossover?
    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Or a Power Rangers/Super Sentai one. Or hell, lots of other Toku shows.
    That would be interesting to watch: Kamen Rider/Arrowverse crossover, where each show is visited by a Kamen Rider(s). I know it's impossible, but this is what I pictured:

Arrow: Kamen Rider Ichigo (because both are the first)

The Flash: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Supergirl: Kamen Rider Fourze

Legends of Tomorrow: Kamen Rider Den-O or Kamen Rider Zi-O

Black Lightning: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Batwoman: Kamen Rider Kiva

Thank you for your time and patience for my weird ideas. Thinking up weird ideas keeps me sane during my own family health crisis . . . cancer.

The Kate and Bruce meeting, brief as it was, was pretty good. And the two clearly recognize one another, so that Bruce could very well be Earth 1 Bruce. Maybe wearing a suit to help him walk after a life of battling baddies? But it looks like Kate will at least get a little closure going forward in that regard. Because one of the big reasons she's been hesitant about wearing the suit, is worrying she wouldn't live up to her cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The Kate and Bruce meeting, brief as it was, was pretty good. And the two clearly recognize one another, so that Bruce could very well be Earth 1 Bruce. Maybe wearing a suit to help him walk after a life of battling baddies? But it looks like Kate will at least get a little closure going forward in that regard. Because one of the big reasons she's been hesitant about wearing the suit, is worrying she wouldn't live up to her cousin.
    Or that version of Bruce also had a Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't ruin this for me.

The Kate and Bruce meeting, brief as it was, was pretty good. And the two clearly recognize one another, so that Bruce could very well be Earth 1 Bruce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't ruin this for me.
    It is odd that they made them recognise each other. Main!Superman had to ask the Smallville!Superman if he was Clark Kent, yet the Bruce from (presumably) Routh!Superman's Kingdom Come based universe recognises Earth-1!Kate.

They've sort of boxed themselves in now because if and when they ever get the right to bring in Earth-1!Batman they'll either have to re-use Conroy or explain/work around why Kate recognised him as Bruce when her Bruce looks totally different.

I did like the little snippet of them meeting but it certainly raises a lot of problems for the writers in the future depending how they handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    It is odd that they made them recognise each other. Main!Superman had to ask the Smallville!Superman if he was Clark Kent, yet the Bruce from (presumably) Routh!Superman's Kingdom Come based universe recognises Earth-1!Kate.

They've sort of boxed themselves in now because if and when they ever get the right to bring in Earth-1!Batman they'll either have to re-use Conroy or explain/work around why Kate recognised him as Bruce when her Bruce looks totally different.

I did like the little snippet of them meeting but it certainly raises a lot of problems for the writers in the future depending how they handle it.
    Looked to me like it was a question: "Bruce?" She kinda squints like she isn't sure. Also, it looks like it's been edited (it is a trailer after all), so there is likely some conversation missing from before Bruce says Kate - by which point she's probably identified herself as such. That's how it seemed to me anyway.

Why couldnt he be wearing the harness because this is the period between Bane breaking him and him returning? Just that on this earth no Jean Paul took over.

Also they dont have to be from the same earth to recognize each other. Bruce from earth whatever could look like E 1 Bruce and she could look like Kate from whatever earth.

Everyone from E X sure looked like their other earth conteporaries. E2 Black Canary looks like Dinah etc.

Retired

There are heroes from different Earths and different times. Not everyone has to be from 2019 (in fact, we know they aren't).

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I think on the one hand, sure it's cool to have exact dopplegangers, and fun to give the actors a chance to play themselves but not. And it works in comics but I think the show would put itself more into a bind to have everyone on a different earth be a true 1 to 1 match. People have different eating/exercise habits..earth 1 John Doe could be Mr. Olympus...earth 2 John Doe is a 300lb slob. Earth 45 Jane Doe is an rail thin person while Earth....23 Jane Doe is a sup pierced and tatted chick. So I'm fine with things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Why couldnt he be wearing the harness because this is the period between Bane breaking him and him returning? Just that on this earth no Jean Paul took over.

Also they dont have to be from the same earth to recognize each other. Bruce from earth whatever could look like E 1 Bruce and she could look like Kate from whatever earth.

Everyone from E X sure looked like their other earth conteporaries. E2 Black Canary looks like Dinah etc.
    No, they don't have to be from the same Earth, but if they do recognize each other, they (writers) would box themselves in. So, if they were ever allowed to use Batman, they would have to look for someone who looks like Conroy.

I can imagine someone saying, "you kinda look like him, but also, kinda not..." as a loophole. I mean, Conroy and Iain Glen kinda look alike...

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Looked to me like it was a question: "Bruce?" She kinda squints like she isn't sure. Also, it looks like it's been edited (it is a trailer after all), so there is likely some conversation missing from before Bruce says Kate - by which point she's probably identified herself as such. That's how it seemed to me anyway.
    Is this the reason Batman has been missing from Gotham for three years? Bruce went into seclusion.