Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081
Results 1,201 to 1,209 of 1209

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They really needed to set up the new World's Finest.
    It came across as odd IMO, like the others were actively ignoring her. There were a few times where she'd have a line to the group about something - and no one responds. Add to that Sarah refers to her as Bat-Lady, and there's a sense of not exactly hostility, but definitely avoidance. I doubt that was the intention, but that's how it came across to me.

Maybe they could've made him a Paragon.
    Really, he should have been one of the Paragons IMO, since he's a show lead - but whats done is done I guess.

Paragons:

Supergirl - show lead
    Flash - show lead
    Batwoman - show lead
    White Canary - team leader of ensemble, basically show lead

Martian Manhunter - support character, Supergirl
    Lex Luthor - villain, Supergirl/Superman
    Ryan Choi - audience stand-in

I can see why Earth 1 Superman missed-out, despite getting his own show soon, two supers is a bit much and like what they did with Lex Luthor. But Black Lightning was the only other show lead to miss-out.

Retired

Knowing what we know, it's obvious why they had to be judicious in their use of Cress Williams since his availability was limited.

In comic books, it's much more of a head-scratcher when obvious characters aren't called into action. All they have to do is draw the character--they don't have to fly them in from Atlanta to Vancouver, BC. And yet so often in comics, characters aren't used.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    It came across as odd IMO, like the others were actively ignoring her. There were a few times where she'd have a line to the group about something - and no one responds. Add to that Sarah refers to her as Bat-Lady, and there's a sense of not exactly hostility, but definitely avoidance. I doubt that was the intention, but that's how it came across to me.
    I think they had to be really judicious with screentime and character interaction, and so they focused on Kate and Kara since Kara was the only person there she really knew and got along with.
    Really, he should have been one of the Paragons IMO, since he's a show lead - but whats done is done I guess.

Paragons:

Supergirl - show lead
    Flash - show lead
    Batwoman - show lead
    White Canary - team leader of ensemble, basically show lead

Martian Manhunter - support character, Supergirl
    Lex Luthor - villain, Supergirl/Superman
    Ryan Choi - audience stand-in

I can see why Earth 1 Superman missed-out, despite getting his own show soon, two supers is a bit much and like what they did with Lex Luthor. But Black Lightning was the only other show lead to miss-out.
    I have to wonder if they're ever going to do something with Ryan Choi. Seems like they've forgotten about him after the crossover.

Retired

Ryan Choi has been mentioned on THE FLASH. Iris seems to have the strongest connection with him--so I'd expect him to appear on that series rather than LEGENDS OF TOMORROW. If he's going to have the shrinking powers, he has a better shot of actually using them on THE FLASH, which has a budget for that sort of thing vs. LEGENDS which seems to be funded by girl guide cookie sales and boy scout paper drives.

Could it be they're keeping Osric Chau on reserve for when and if Carlos Valdes leaves? Although, so far Ryan hasn't shown any gift for witty comebacks. Sue Dearbon could be the new girl in the chair, given the comic timing of Natalie Dreyfuss--but she's just as good as an ersatz Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Ryan Choi has been mentioned on THE FLASH. Iris seems to have the strongest connection with him--so I'd expect him to appear on that series rather than LEGENDS OF TOMORROW. If he's going to have the shrinking powers, he has a better shot of actually using them on THE FLASH, which has a budget for that sort of thing vs. LEGENDS which seems to be funded by girl guide cookie sales and boy scout paper drives.

Could it be they're keeping Osric Chau on reserve for when and if Carlos Valdes leaves? Although, so far Ryan hasn't shown any gift for witty comebacks. Sue Dearbon could be the new girl in the chair, given the comic timing of Natalie Dreyfuss--but she's just as good as an ersatz Black Widow.
    Chester/Chunk seems more like who they seem to be grooming to replace Cisco, if they need to replace Cisco.

Retired

Chester/Chunk seems more like who they seem to be grooming to replace Cisco, if they need to replace Cisco.
    I thought that too with Chunk, but now he's been totally missing and not even mentioned since Crisis. Maybe it will come down to a Thunderdome contest for who gets the STAR Labs chair.

I thought that too with Chunk, but now he's been totally missing and not even mentioned since Crisis. Maybe it will come down to a Thunderdome contest for who gets the STAR Labs chair.
    The preview for the next Flash episode shows him in STAR Labs.

They didn't bring back the realities that had existed before. They created new universes. Earth-Prime is an amalgamation of Earth-1, Earth-Black Lightning and Earth-38--and with some significant changes to the timeline and the population. The other Earths are Earths that exist on other channels--that bit near the end was like a promo for those other shows or potential shows. As far as anyone on Earth-Prime knows, there isn't a multiverse. I think if there is ever a crossover with another one of those Earths on a CW show, it will be on a case by case basis. I could see Stargirl at some point having a crossover to promote her show, because it's produced by the same people. I think it's less likely there will be crossovers with any of the other new Earths.
    The way I took it- and not saying this is correct- is that all of the other earths came back (or were recreated) minus any memory of the red skies. The exceptions were the three earths that just conveniently happen to be the three earths that the CW television shows take place on all coming back as one amalgamated earth.

And, yes, I do overthink it and consider the ramifications. For instance, supernatural forces clearly exist in the CW so people clearly have souls.

If Dick Grayson is brought back, was his soul on hold waiting for him to be brought back?

If it was a recreation, is the real Dick Grayson dead and gone to his just reward along with everyone else on Earth 66 and what is walking around there now are soulless fake humans or new humans exactly like the old ones with their own souls while the original inhabitants are in the afterlife?

Hey, what's important is that Batman '66 lives. Or, well, Robin '66 anyway.
    Power with Girl is better.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The way I took it- and not saying this is correct- is that all of the other earths came back (or were recreated) minus any memory of the red skies.
    I see it the same way I see INFINITE CRISIS/52/COUNTDOWN in the comics--which might be wrong, but DC is never consistent. The way I understood it, it's like a tape transfer. It's not the original tape, but a lot of the stuff from the original was transferred onto the New Earth tape. The other 51 new Earth tapes were overwritten--like taping over an old show on a VHS tape with new content.