Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    He was on Supergirl, it's unlikely that he's been blacklisted from this particular show.
    His character has been used since season 2 or so I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    His character has been used since season 2 or so I've heard.
    Jeremiah hasn't been seen since the Exodus storyline in Season 2. More telling, he hasn't even been mentioned.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Jeremiah hasn't been seen since the Exodus storyline in Season 2. More telling, he hasn't even been mentioned.

And he never got to play Cyborg Superman.

Retired

I always assumed it was the other way around, that when SUPERGIRL started to become much more overtly political, Dean Cain didn't want to be on the show and he just declined to return. And the producers have simply dropped him from the call sheet. I mean, given his personal outlook and if he doesn't need the work, why would Cain want to be on a show that doesn't reflect his values?

Not that I think SUPERGIRL is that extreme. It's pretty middle of the road from my Canadian perspective, but a lot of Americans seem to think it's gone too far. And I admit the last season did push a certain agenda even harder than previous seasons. Athough, I think that they got back to pure comic book action by the end of the season.

I honestly think there is absolutely nothing wrong with pushing a left-wing agenda.

The last thing I wanna see are jingoistic superheroes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I always assumed it was the other way around, that when SUPERGIRL started to become much more overtly political, Dean Cain didn't want to be on the show and he just declined to return. And the producers have simply dropped him from the call sheet. I mean, given his personal outlook and if he doesn't need the work, why would Cain want to be on a show that doesn't reflect his values?

Not that I think SUPERGIRL is that extreme. It's pretty middle of the road from my Canadian perspective, but a lot of Americans seem to think it's gone too far. And I admit the last season did push a certain agenda even harder than previous seasons. Athough, I think that they got back to pure comic book action by the end of the season.
    IMO, it is pretty extreme, but in a petty, unpolished kind of way - they beat you over the head with a sledgehammer, rather then make thoughtful situations, and the loose parallels with real life politics are apples to oranges comparisons. Their view of what nationalistic or conservative values are, are a distortion of what real life conservatives are like, and then they beat the strawman villain up. They love to make the villains use "great again" catch phrases and put the leftist agenda front and center always, whether it fits the plot or not. They have no idea how to write in shades of gray. Ignoring the fact that in their world, illegal immigrants have Super powers that regular humans can not compete with in terms of strength and ability, and their world has been under attack by aliens multiple times. The comparisons just don't work. There is no depth. They started out with a little depth, but quickly went into comic book villainy. Their Luthor is an obvious Trump insert (based on their slanted views of reality), the evil businessman with russian connections attacking his own country using fear to amp up hatred at a minority group in an attempt to take power and fame and sooth his own ego..... I know it has nothing to do with reality, and I would really love to enjoy the end of last season as just a comic book story, but they are way too obvious and transparent with their agendas, *all the time.* It is never smart to insult half of your possible viewership base.....

Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    IMO, it is pretty extreme, but in a petty, unpolished kind of way - they beat you over the head with a sledgehammer, rather then make thoughtful situations, and the loose parallels with real life politics are apples to oranges comparisons. Their view of what nationalistic or conservative values are, are a distortion of what real life conservatives are like, and then they beat the strawman villain up. They love to make the villains use "great again" catch phrases and put the leftist agenda front and center always, whether it fits the plot or not. They have no idea how to write in shades of gray. Ignoring the fact that in their world, illegal immigrants have Super powers that regular humans can not compete with in terms of strength and ability, and their world has been under attack by aliens multiple times. The comparisons just don't work. There is no depth. They started out with a little depth, but quickly went into comic book villainy. Their Luthor is an obvious Trump insert (based on their slanted views of reality), the evil businessman with russian connections attacking his own country using fear to amp up hatred at a minority group in an attempt to take power and fame and sooth his own ego..... I know it has nothing to do with reality, and I would really love to enjoy the end of last season as just a comic book story, but they are way too obvious and transparent with their agendas, *all the time.* It is never smart to insult half of your possible viewership base.....
    To be fair, Lex Luthor has been portrayed as the evil billionaire genius industrialist for decades now. If anything, Trump is emulating Luthor, minus the genius part.

Look, I'm a lefty, and a Democrat, and even I think the show went too far last season beating the viewer over the head with their agenda. With the state the country is in right now, what I want most from my comic book shows is escapism, with some light politics thrown in. And really, I found the Lex Luthor parts of the story just that. It was the Lockwood stuff that really started to grate on me. That and the fact that we've gone from a handful of aliens in season 1, to a ship full of aliens in season 2, to whole cities with large alien populations that have been here for generations. THAT was the real WTF?! moment for me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    To be fair, Lex Luthor has been portrayed as the evil billionaire genius industrialist for decades now. If anything, Trump is emulating Luthor, minus the genius part.

Look, I'm a lefty, and a Democrat, and even I think the show went too far last season beating the viewer over the head with their agenda. With the state the country is in right now, what I want most from my comic book shows is escapism, with some light politics thrown in. And really, I found the Lex Luthor parts of the story just that. It was the Lockwood stuff that really started to grate on me. That and the fact that we've gone from a handful of aliens in season 1, to a ship full of aliens in season 2, to whole cities with large alien populations that have been here for generations. THAT was the real WTF?! moment for me.
    That retcon pisses me off too!! What could have been a fun alien-of-the-week villain from Fort Whatever was changed solely for the purpose of an agenda whose comparison can't even work properly in a world with alien invasions, massive destruction and super abilities. The Lockwood stuff started out a bit interesting, where they could have showed both sides and not descended into mustache-twirlinging villain cliche as they did - his original characterization was a lot more intriguing. (Mind you, the comics character is a HERO......) They could have done a lot more with the Elite. The Luthor parts were watchable, but with the sledgehammer hanging overhead from earlier in the season, I could see their thought processes continuing in the Luthor characterization. And hey,
    If anything, Trump is emulating Luthor, minus the evil part.
    FIFY.

Retired

To say that Donald Trump is anything like Lex Luthor is to give Trump way more credit than he deserves. Luthor is a cunning evil genius, Trump is a very stable genius.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

We Got This Covered...which is more often than not just click baity ish is reporting that Black Lightning will have a brief appararance in Crisis. But again since they are click bait as can be and as much as we have heard about the logistical issues I take that with about a 67lbs of salt....

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    We Got This Covered...which is more often than not just click baity ish is reporting that Black Lightning will have a brief appararance in Crisis. But again since they are click bait as can be and as much as we have heard about the logistical issues I take that with about a 67lbs of salt....
    Why bring it up when you have no faith in the source?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Uh, cuz this is a discussion board where people discuss things?

Like there haven't been countless other posts from sites that may or may not be true at all, true at the time, untrue then things change to make them not true.

Incredible Member

Looks like We Got This Covered were right

Black Lightning Reportedly Appearing in "Crisis on Infinite Earths"

In a tweet on Saturday morning Williams, who plays the titular hero Black Lightning/Jefferson Pierce, shared a report from We Got This Covered that says Black Lightning will be showing up to at some point in "Crisis" to help the heroes of the Arrowverse, something likened to how Batwoman appeared in last fall's "Elseworlds".

I'm glad for their big Crisis on Infinite Earths event, they found the money they needed to fly Cress Williams up from Atlanta to Vancouver so he can participate.

I get that due to BL being filmed in Atlanta in a different time zone, extra planning and money is needed to make it happen, but it really would have looked weird for the character not to have appeared in the crossover. I think the average TV viewer would have expected it and been confused by his absence.

Anyway, logistics and budget may prevent Black Lightning from doing multiple crossovers/guest shots per season, but for the annual all-show-crossover, he should be there now and going forward.

I just hope all the supporting characters (especially Routh and Jon Cryer) get the screen time and quality writing they deserve... Somehow I doubt it.