Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Marv Wolfman hired as a consultant on CRISIS.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/04/...-marv-wolfman/
    I was already going to watch but this all makes me even more excited to watch.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm really trying to manage my expectations for Crisis, because it all sounds too good to be true.

With only 5 episodes, I don't see how all these guest appearances are going to be able to be anything more than brief cameos.

The budget for this thing must be positively insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm really trying to manage my expectations for Crisis, because it all sounds too good to be true.

With only 5 episodes, I don't see how all these guest appearances are going to be able to be anything more than brief cameos.

The budget for this thing must be positively insane.
    I heard Oliver will be recruiting heroes in the Arrow series, so they will probably have screen-time in his series before the full event kicks off.

Erica Durance, Lois of Smallville joins her co-star Clark/Superman for multiple episodes of the Crisis crossover

https://tvline.com/2019/09/20/erica-...ne-smallville/

Geez, this event is really going to be big, with a lot of build up leading to it as well. Arrow-multiverse just keeps getting bigger.

I still fully expect, assuming they can get the rights to the footage, to see clips of Christopher Reeves as Superman, and possibly other big-screen heroes, if only briefly. Though I do admit I don't know how hard it would be to get the rights to show brief moments from any of the Batman films, or Man of Steel and/or Justice League.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I still fully expect, assuming they can get the rights to the footage, to see clips of Christopher Reeves as Superman, and possibly other big-screen heroes, if only briefly. Though I do admit I don't know how hard it would be to get the rights to show brief moments from any of the Batman films, or Man of Steel and/or Justice League.
    As long as they don't show the face of the actors, it's probably *probably* not that expensive. You could show iconic moments from the films without showing actors' faces

I doubt it would be all that hard to get stock footage of Films or TV look to what the DC Universe has the rights to would probably be what would mostly be used.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The COIE comic book, for better or worse, rewrote DC continuity forever, its effects being felt to this very day. The TV Arrowverse is unlikely to endure for as long, but do you see the COIE TV crossover having an analogous effect on the Arrowverse for the remainder of its life, including negating or rewriting what has already become familiar in previous seasons?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The COIE comic book, for better or worse, rewrote DC continuity forever, its effects being felt to this very day. The TV Arrowverse is unlikely to endure for as long, but do you see the COIE TV crossover having an analogous effect on the Arrowverse for the remainder of its life, including negating or rewriting what has already become familiar in previous seasons?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I can see it fusing the main Arrowverse series into one Earth. Much like in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I doubt it would be all that hard to get stock footage of Films or TV look to what the DC Universe has the rights to would probably be what would mostly be used.
    From the Batman 1989 movie onwards Warner Bros. was the movie production company and Warner Bros. is the production company for the CW shows so it would seem it is all in house and they can put what they want to on the shows.
    The only tricky thing might be the Christopher Reeve movies and with three Supermans already not sure if they would want a fourth Superman to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I can see it fusing the main Arrowverse series into one Earth. Much like in the comics.
    There is a Supergirl-Batwoman crossover planned. If it is after COIE it would make it a lot easier for the two to get together. So it wouldn't be Worlds Finest like when Barry showed up on Earth-38.
    It would now be World's Finest.

I hope that Cassidy Freeman is brought back as Tess/Lena.

for the actors in the 70s and 80s productions who have aged, I wonder will they be included.

Any word on the surviving folks from the Shazam! TV show?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    From the Batman 1989 movie onwards Warner Bros. was the movie production company and Warner Bros. is the production company for the CW shows so it would seem it is all in house and they can put what they want to on the shows.
    The only tricky thing might be the Christopher Reeve movies and with three Supermans already not sure if they would want a fourth Superman to show up.
    I guess my worry is that by showing clips, they would have to pay the actors and/or the actors could veto the usage of their images.

BANNED

I guess my worry is that by showing clips, they would have to pay the actors and/or the actors could veto the usage of their images.
    It would be possible to show clips of movies without showing faces or voices, yet still obvious what movie they came from. I am pretty sure that without the face or voice, there wouldn't have to be a residual paid.

Incredible Member

What about the Supergirl from SMALLVILLE and SUPERGIRL THE MOVIE??

Also, I am so hoping Burt Ward is playing Dick Grayson, Police Commissioner Of Gotham City.