Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have a problem with the Helena of the show being Burton's verse Batman daughter. Joker crippled Barbara, Barbara is the daughter of Gordon, the Catwoman in that show is a meta. This only works if it's not the same Helena from that show.

Agreed, though it's still possible they do that. A different possibility for how the Michael Keaton Batman fits is that Kevin Conroy is playing an older version of him.

Really hope this is true. I love Tom Ellis's Lucifer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure he'll get a "Holy _____" out there .
    That's exactly what I expect too. Even if Burt Ward is in it, I expect nothing but a cameo appearance, maybe "Holy " just before he and his world are destroyed. I don't think he has the acting ability to do much more than that unless he has improved greatly in fifty years which is quite possible.

But if he is the elderly Dick Grayson who was Robin in the 1960s Batman show, it will be the furthest back of any show or movie that gets to appear in the Crisis. I don't expect to see enough of that world to even know if it's meant to be the same campy world that it was or just a vaguely similar world.

At any rate, if it gets destroyed, most Batman '66 fans will just not consider it canon for the sixties show. But, if that world survives and there's nothing indicating it's not that world, we'll consider it canon.

I know it's funny but, because that show was part of my childhood and my introduction to Batman, it's actually the alternate world I am the most interested in and I genuinely hope the Crisis includes it and has it survive. I wish they had time to include things like the George Reeves show but that's too far back since all the alternate worlds seem to be in the present.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That's exactly what I expect too. Even if Burt Ward is in it, I expect nothing but a cameo appearance, maybe "Holy " just before he and his world are destroyed. I don't think he has the acting ability to do much more than that unless he has improved greatly in fifty years which is quite possible.

But if he is the elderly Dick Grayson who was Robin in the 1960s Batman show, it will be the furthest back of any show or movie that gets to appear in the Crisis. I don't expect to see enough of that world to even know if it's meant to be the same campy world that it was or just a vaguely similar world.

At any rate, if it gets destroyed, most Batman '66 fans will just not consider it canon for the sixties show. But, if that world survives and there's nothing indicating it's not that world, we'll consider it canon.

I know it's funny but, because that show was part of my childhood and my introduction to Batman, it's actually the alternate world I am the most interested in and I genuinely hope the Crisis includes it and has it survive. I wish they had time to include things like the George Reeves show but that's too far back since all the alternate worlds seem to be in the present.
    If his universe is destroyed then I want it to be a "Holy Shi" boom.

Retired

Phyllis Coates is alive but she's 92 now. Not only did she play the original Lois Lane on THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, she played Lois Lane's mother on LOIS & CLARK: THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN.

I'd be happy to see Judy Nugent return as a now elderly Ann Carson, the girl who didn't believe in Superman. She was a blind girl who doubted Superman's existence, so he tried to prove to her that he did exist and flew her around the world. Discovering the cause of her blindness, the Man of Steel helps to restore her sight. Ms Nugent hasn't appeared on our TV screens in years, so it seems unlikely she would be brought back for this.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

Well, what if Batman 1966's universe is destroyed and later restored with all the other destroyed worlds including Earth 90? I could easily see Barry die as a cliffhanger along with most universes, but at the end Oliver sacrifices himself to bring back Barry and the destroyed universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Phyllis Coates is alive but she's 92 now. Not only did she play the original Lois Lane on THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, she played Lois Lane's mother on LOIS & CLARK: THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN.

I'd be happy to see Judy Nugent return as a now elderly Ann Carson, the girl who didn't believe in Superman. She was a blind girl who doubted Superman's existence, so he tried to prove to her that he did exist and flew her around the world. Discovering the cause of her blindness, the Man of Steel helps to restore her sight. Ms Nugent hasn't appeared on our TV screens in years, so it seems unlikely she would be brought back for this.
    That would be fantastic and I remember that episode well. They could get someone else to play Superman who hasn't aged. But even better would be to say Superman is gone now but Phyliss Coates appears as the elderly Lois and Judy Nugent as a now elderly women who flew with Superman when she was a little girl. It would even be possible that Superman and Lois had gotten married and had children with powers like his, basically just take the episode where Lois fantasized, use clips from it and have the wedding take place.

Oh, I know it's not going to happen. They don't have time to indulge the nostalgic fantasies of people my age because they have to appeal to a much younger audience and they have a few episodes to do it. I'd settle for a Superman '55 comic book to go along with Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77. I know "Adventures of Superman" was 51-57 but '55 maintains the theme.

I'd also love to see a significant appearance by Lynda Carter as WW '77 though I realize they either have to say she aged because she wasn't on Paradise Island or use CGI which would be massively expensive for anything but a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeroyuy_Batman View Post
    Well, what if Batman 1966's universe is destroyed and later restored with all the other destroyed worlds including Earth 90? I could easily see Barry die as a cliffhanger along with most universes, but at the end Oliver sacrifices himself to bring back Barry and the destroyed universes.
    It would be fantastic if they did it that way or even merged all the universes although I must admit that a world where the Adam West Batman and the new Batwoman both exist and their versions of Gotham merge is just too hard for my little brain to take.

Isn't the guy like crazy-powerful?

Wouldn't that make all other heroes obsolete?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

It would depend on if Lucifer actually wants to get involved.

In all honesty, I'm of the opinion he (Lucifer in general) would be able to take Perpetua (from Justice League) without issue, if he decided to get involved. Same for his brother.

I’ve only seen clips of the 60’s Batman show but I think including any reference to it takes me out of it entirely. As long as it’s just a quick cameo then I should be ok. More than that and it’s too much. I’m seriously worried nostalgia is going to strangle this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I’ve only seen clips of the 60’s Batman show but I think including any reference to it takes me out of it entirely. As long as it’s just a quick cameo then I should be ok. More than that and it’s too much. I’m seriously worried nostalgia is going to strangle this project.
    COIE is Nostalgia: the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

They are invulnerable but I dont think Lucifer Is that powerful. Hard to tell when hes just throwing around normal people. His brother can slow time so that could be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    COIE is Nostalgia: the event.
    Yeah I’m not getting my hopes up it will be more than that. I’ve never read the actual comic but I guess it also included references to older version of DC characters. My interest is fading.