Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I was thinking about this as well, the length. How about each Arrowverse show has two eps, all sequential. Arrow, Flash, Legends, Supergirl, then Arrow Flash Legends and Supergirl again with the Supergirl ep the finale. 8 eps total. If Black Lightning is included, 10 eps total, if Batwoman is included, 12 eps total. I think CoIE should be long but not season-long, and I think this would be a good compromise.

Retired

The announcement of Crisis has set up story arcs that could be explored through this season of FLASH and ARROW and into the next.

On ARROW, whatever Ollie promised the Monitor could affect his actions going forward, and also the flash forward with William could factor into what happens in COIE. On THE FLASH, there's already a big plot developing with Barry and Nora, which likely will blow up toward the end of the season.

Next season, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW could have the oncoming Crisis as its main plot---maybe they're travelling through time and to other Earths, putting together a super-team of heroes for the fight that's coming.

Those are all things that can be done in the individual series to set the stage for Crisis on Infinite Earths, without actually being part of the crossover event itself.

Personally, I want BLACK LIGHTNING and BATWOMAN to start their seasons after the Crisis is over, so it's clear which Earth each is on--and if there is more than one Earth after the dust has settled.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Crazy Theory:

Sherloque Wells IS the Anti-Monitor. He needs to somehow get out of paying alimony to multiple wives in multiple parallel universes, so he is causing the CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS to occur to collapse the multiverse down to a single universe. That way, at most, he pays alimony to just *one* ex-wife. If he does it right, in fact, time will reset in a way where his ex-wife will be retroactively wiped out of existence, meaning he is forever free of alimony payments.

There you have it: the whole CRISIS is a harebrained scheme to dodge alimony payments. Worlds will live, worlds will die, and Sherloque "Anti-Monitor" Wells won't pay a dime of alimony ever again.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Crazy Theory:

Sherloque Wells IS the Anti-Monitor. He needs to somehow get out of paying alimony to multiple wives in multiple parallel universes, so he is causing the CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS to occur to collapse the multiverse down to a single universe. That way, at most, he pays alimony to just *one* ex-wife. If he does it right, in fact, time will reset in a way where his ex-wife will be retroactively wiped out of existence, meaning he is forever free of alimony payments.

There you have it: the whole CRISIS is a harebrained scheme to dodge alimony payments. Worlds will live, worlds will die, and Sherloque "Anti-Monitor" Wells won't pay a dime of alimony ever again.

Genius. Absolutely genius.

Crazy Theory:

Would be great for LOT, if nothing else.

Retired

I have a hunch when THE FLASH ends this season we'll see a new newspaper but this one will have a 2019 date and it will show that Green Arrow vanished in the Crisis. Of course, with that clue, Team Flash and Team Arrow will want to stop that from happening.

Spectacular Member

Theory: we (and the other characters) are going to be led to believe all along that Earth-1 Flash/Barry will die saving the Multiverse in the Crisis, but at the last possible instant, Earth-90 Barry/Flash will replace him. Barry/Flash-90 is presently in the same position that Kal-L/Earth-Two Superman was in during the original COIE comic book maxiseries: his world was dead and erased from history. He had no home to which to go. Knowing that, Kal-L did not allow Earth-One's Kal-El and the other heroes to sacrifice themselves (because they still had a home and a future), taking it upon himself to finish off the Anti-Monitor. Perhaps that is the path that Barry/Flash-90 will take, preserving Barry/Flash-1 for future seasons, but still fulfilling the newspaper prophecy of Flash disappearing in the Crisis.

Thats way better and more poetic than my idea, which was to have Nora Allen give herself in place of her father, since she shouldn't exist to begin with (Dawn was referenced by original Thawn, and he was confused at Nora being there.)

Retired

I imagine we'll see many deaths by the end of it. Probably at least one character from each show.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Arrowverse multiverse is too underdeveloped to warrant Crisis on Infinite Earths being as long as most are hoping. They need to fix that if I'm going to give a crap about any Earths that I haven't been exposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Arrowverse multiverse is too underdeveloped to warrant Crisis on Infinite Earths being as long as most are hoping. They need to fix that if I'm going to give a crap about any Earths that I haven't been exposed to.
    I'm not saying you're right or wrong on this, your post just prompted me to think of how different franchises have done it, to varying results.

TMNT did this twice by explaining that all other Turtle media were their own universes, and they were, for the most part, decent stories (success). Star Trek Discovery had the multiverse at risk, and it seemed both forced and too large a scale to be taken seriously (and this is Star Trek, where the Earth and the galaxy are under attack every other year! So, it failed.). Into the Spider-Verse didn't do it but could have, and it would still be a fantastic ride (love that movie).

I can't say whether or not the Arrowverse is underdeveloped to carry it, and it very well could be, but I'm interested to see how they tackle it nonetheless.
    Last edited by Cyke; 12-17-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm not saying you're right or wrong on this, your post just prompted me to think of how different franchises have done it, to varying results.

TMNT did this twice by explaining that all other Turtle media were their own universes, and they were, for the most part, decent stories (success). Star Trek Discovery had the multiverse at risk, and it seemed both forced and too large a scale to be taken seriously (and this is Star Trek, where the Earth and the galaxy are under attack every other year! So, it failed.). Into the Spider-Verse didn't do it but could have, and it would still be a fantastic ride (love that movie).

I can't say whether or not the Arrowverse is underdeveloped to carry it, and it very well could be, but I'm interested to see how they tackle it nonetheless.
    Spiderverse was successful at it as it focused on the Spiders and not the multiverse itself. Crisis will likely try to focus on the world's that will be involved in the plot judging from this year and last year's crossovers.

Retired

So Earth-1, Earth-38, Earth-X, Earth-2, maybe Earth-3 or Earth-90. An outside chance of Black Lightning's Earth. Maybe a few Easter Egg Earth cameos? Like an Earth where everyone is a funny animal, another where everyone is a puppet.

I just hope it's better than the CW Flashpoint. That's a low bar, so they should be able to clear it.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Best option: take advantage of older DC multimedia properties: the Adam West BATMAN show from the 60s, the Lynda Carter WONDER WOMAN show from the 70s, the 1970s Filmation SHAZAM series, SMALLVILLE, etc.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Spiderverse was successful at it as it focused on the Spiders and not the multiverse itself. Crisis will likely try to focus on the world's that will be involved in the plot judging from this year and last year's crossovers.
    The comic did that too by focusing primarily on Peter and Otto as well, but there was plenty of universe-hopping and the stakes of the multiverse were clear without mucking up from too many spiders in the kitchen. I'm not saying Into the Spider-Verse would be fundamentally changed. I'm saying they could have kept the story the same and, instead of keeping NYC and maybe six universes at stake, they could've put the entire multiverse at stake, and it would be the same movie all in all (which is a great movie). Just substitute a couple lines here and there is all you need to change the scope of the story, and that's fine.

But the TMNT examples I cited above focused primarily on two or three universes, but built up stakes for all Turtle universes, and still with universe-hopping. They succeeded despite that limited focus as well. Crisis can take the same route with just a handful of universes. We know very little about the other Spider universes from the movie; we just know what we needed to know, that's all. A TV Crisis can try to adopt the same approach, just like the last couple crossovers.
    Last edited by Cyke; 12-17-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Retired

Even though it became pretty obvious to me that CW was setting up their own Crisis, it still had me freaking out when that logo came up on the screen at the end of Elseworlds. So why my surprise? It's not that I didn't think they could do some kind of Crisis like event, it's just that they would come out a year ahead and use the actual logo! I've been beaten down so much by WB always taking the nice things away from the TV shows, that I never thought the CW could announce the thing as the thing itself.

I still half expect Warner to send an errand boy up to Vancouver to shut it down with extreme prejudice, like Martin Sheen in the SNL Apocalypse Now skit.