Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    ritchson is currently hawk now , is that him in his 3 second cameo on earth 9
    I believe so. I think that was said to be unaired stock footage from Titans season finale. His schedule wouldn't let him do an Aquaman cameo he stated in an interview even though he wanted to.

Okay, so they have to release an album of the music scores, right?

For so long I've been desperately clinging to the theory that the Adam West Batman actually took place in the 60's of the Arrowverse, despite numerous reasons it couldn't, but now I'm willing to admit it's another Earth. Dang. If it weren't for Batwoman, I'd think a merging of the Earths could still make that work.

That was intense and fast paced, while still having some great character moments. I hope the rest of the crossover is this intense! Wait, so Barry still doesn't know Earth 2 is gone even though everyone else does? Weird.

Oliver went out fighting, that was awesome. I know he is closer to Barry than he is to Kara, but he didn't need to tell him he was the best of them in front of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Man...did not see Ollie going out that quick. So Star City 2046 was not just in the future, but a different earth...should answer some canon questions people have.
    Particularly when it comes to Connor Hawke.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    they teasing Alex and Lena?
    I was waiting for them to tease Alex and Kate. Sara wasn't in the room, so no shipping of her with Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So Earth-1's population just jumped to about 11 billion people. I hope we get something about how the world in general reacts to that.
    Are there any inhabitable worlds on Earth-1 besides Earth? There seems to be a ton on Earth-38 (and Lois seems to be able to live under a red sun no problem?).

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    So we now have 7 destroyed Univeres, 2, 9, 38, 66, 89, 90, X?
    They can't, like...destroy Earth-9? I can believe all those other Earths are gone, but not Earth-9!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In the middle of the episode, I thought they were giving Oliver a lot of screen time, but the ending explained why that had to be the case.
    I had the same thought. I get why they had Sara comment on Oliver having a grown daughter, but...I was thinking a lot of screentime went to Oliver for that scene, especially since Barry, Sara, and Ray were doing things off screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Knox!!! Man, if only we had Keaton's Batman fighting the Anti-Monitor...I did like how the newspaper art had the Keaton Batsuit. Although wasn't the symbol on the Bat-Signal Batwoman's?
    Was it or was it just that the skies were red?

Isn't Earth-16 supposed to be Young Justice's Earth? It would've been hilarious if they traveled there and we saw everyone transformed into animated versions of themselves and meet The Team.
    Give Oliver another...animated...adventure. But yeah, I had the same thought about Earth-16. Then again, there were supposed to be 53 Earths (52 plus Earth-X), but that's clearly no longer the case. I don't think the WB/DC Execs are keeping track.

"You're always one-upping me!" Y'know, she kind of is. She out-hopes him, she gets top billing whenever somebody talks about them as a pair, she came up with the idea to use their Heat Vision on the solar panels, and she lasted longer then he did with their respective Heat Visions.
    I'm kind of glad. I re-watched Elseworlds, and Superman clearly outdid Supergirl (to the point where she knew she couldn't handle D's book, so she had to get Clark to do it). Plus, we're seeing a ton of Supermen anyway.

What arrow did Ollie use to subdue The Monitor? I'm kind of surprised anything worked on him. I guess we're lucky he was moved by Oliver's sentiment enough to hesitate so Oliver could hit him.
    Didn't they acquire some anti-Monitor-energy thingie over on Arrow?

BANNED

I think the dead Superman is from the old Superboy show.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Didn't they acquire some anti-Monitor-energy thingie over on Arrow?
    Nope. That was part of Monitor's plan.

It was Nash that screwed up. Big time.

Thought this was great! Some thoughts.
    -they really captured the sense of dread, stakes and urgency of the comic book
    -spoilers:
    I don’t know if it’s a fakeout, but offing Ollie early is good subversion. I like that he died for the people of earth 38, I know he kept talking about saving the multiverse for his family. And I respect that. But I like that he sacrificed himself for a world that wasn’t his made it all the more heroic. I only wish it was the Anti-Monitor himself who did it. Him showing up and murdering the main hero of the Arrowverse in his first appearance would have been a great entrance
    end of spoilers
    -aw poor Kal had to find out what his own parents must have felt that fateful day. but seriously there was once again only one baby sized escape pod? I guess kryptonians learned nothing from their planet’s destruction.
    -Titans is Earth-9! I guess that means I was right and multiverse will survive/be restored by the end.
    -ugh when did Lena become just the worst, i absolutely hate her in this. I remember being annoyed by how pissed Iris was when she found out who the Flash was. But this just dwarfs the hell out of that.

-Glad they finally explained the Connor/JJ mess, that always made my brain hurt.

-Glad they finally explained the Connor/JJ mess, that always made my brain hurt.
    Except that it creates ANOTHER mess, since that Ollie is now far younger, has both of his arms and doesn't remember meeting this Sara 3 years earlier.

Anyways, yeah, that was a whammy. Didn't expect it THAT early :/

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Also I don't watch Supergirl except for the crossovers so I don't know who the new scientist guy is (don't remember him being in past crossovers) but god is he incredibly bloody annoying! Both the terrible dialogue and the actor's portrayal being 100% smarm, smugness and condescension to levels beyond anything I've ever seen. Can he please be killed off horribly and painfully in the first minute or so of the next episode so we don't have to see him anymore because, man; I cannot stand him.
    That was Brainiac 5 from the Legion. It was a Legion cruiser that was the giant ship at the end helping with the evac.

And he did appear in Elseworlds, he took down AMAZO.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Except that it creates ANOTHER mess, since that Ollie is now far younger, has both of his arms and doesn't remember meeting this Sara 3 years earlier.

Anyways, yeah, that was a whammy. Didn't expect it THAT early :/
    He had only 1 arm. Since that's how Sara beat him by taking out his metal arm. Though I agree with everything else. His appearance here makes no sense. Especially since he should have met Sara and the Legends previously

BANNED

If that's it for Oliver it is very realistic portrayal of his death as a character without super powers will simply not be able to survive such a crisis of cosmic peril without some convoluted happenings (and even then there were convoluted circumstances leading to his death like why the Monitor didn't teleport him without ceremony like the others or how he couldn't disintegrate the arrow or dissapear himself before it hit.). Even Batman has been pretty much on the sidelines before dying in Zero Hour for most crises before IC and FC. So the shadow demons were too reminiscent for me of the ghosts in Wolfenstein spear of destiny. Nash being the one to free the anti monitor was similarly too similar to MK: Deception. Liked all the cameos in the beginning. Kinda had hoped for a glimpse of the anti monitor at least but nothing doing.

Anyone else really hyped to return to SMALLVILLE tonight?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Great Start, but since I don't watch Supergirl regularly in a long time is the Brainy actor always that bad?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Great episode. Started off strong and didn't let up.

A minor complaint: since Oliver has said his goodbyes quite a few times already, I think his last line should have been, "Then it's not time." The final, final death scene monologue seemed a bit unnecessary.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Great Start, but since I don't watch Supergirl regularly in a long time is the Brainy actor always that bad?
    I haven't watched Supergirl in quite some time, either, and I've never seen an episode with Braniac 5, but I thought he did great. Conveyed that sense of awkwardness I'd expect from a higher alien intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I haven't watched Supergirl in quite some time, either, and I've never seen an episode with Braniac 5, but I thought he did great. Conveyed that sense of awkwardness I'd expect from a higher alien intelligence.
    There's Awkward then there is Daytime Soap Opera Cringe Awkward and he was there for me. Everything else was great though.