Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

LaMonica Garrett should do more voice work. Loved his opening narration.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    LaMonica Garrett should do more voice work. Loved his opening narration.
    He really is perfect as Monitor. Can't wait to hear his interpretation of Anti-Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Could be the video game version of the burton verse.
    I forgot about that! It took me forever to beat that damn game

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You'd think after Krypton Argo would have more escape pods in case the planet needed to be evacuated, but I guess we needed to see Clark go through the same thing his parents did.

"You're always one-upping me!" Y'know, she kind of is. She out-hopes him, she gets top billing whenever somebody talks about them as a pair, she came up with the idea to use their Heat Vision on the solar panels, and she lasted longer then he did with their respective Heat Visions.

Did Kelly need an action moment with Guardians' shield? I did like the Jimmy reference.

What arrow did Ollie use to subdue The Monitor? I'm kind of surprised anything worked on him. I guess we're lucky he was moved by Oliver's sentiment enough to hesitate so Oliver could hit him.
    1. I was thinking the same thing. Especially since their situation was so tenuous.

2. Sigh. The show's called Supergirl. When Clark get's his own show, he can be top banana then. (Who am I kidding; Lois will probably outshine him on that show, too

3. No, and I rolled my eyes. But after thinking about it, it was nice that James gave his shield to his sister to protect her. That being said- James is probably dead now.

4. That was the one moment I didn't like, to be honest. The Monitor was able to teleport Earth 90's Flash away right after Flash started running towards him. He couldn't make the arrow vanish?

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Excellent start to the story, two minor points aside...

Sara tells an alternate version of Oliver that every version of him has been a good man... two seasons after they met Nazi Oliver. Like; really?!
    No one talks about that Earth, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Okay, so they have to release an album of the music scores, right?
    They have been, though I'm still waiting for last seasons scores for all of the shows. I'm worried that they weren't selling well enough, and the releases were canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    So the shadow demons were too reminiscent for me of the ghosts in Wolfenstein spear of destiny.
    I was thinking Dementors myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Anyone else really hyped to return to SMALLVILLE tonight?
    Yeah, I can't wait to see Tom for 5 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Great Start, but since I don't watch Supergirl regularly in a long time is the Brainy actor always that bad?
    There were a few moments where he dialed it up to 11, but otherwise that's how he normally is.

I had a hard time hearing a lot of dialogue in this one; too much going on. What did dick Grayson say?
    Now that I’ve seen it, I have to say, I’m kind of underwhelmed.i think my favorite part was the star city; but, Was that the same Oliver that met Sarah before? I thought he lost an appendage. Brainy was always fun, but Lena really needed to pick a better time and place to vent her grievances. Loved the music; I can’t wait to get the soundtrack for this one. Plus, I like the fact that Alex could keep up with Lena.
    Last edited by protege; 12-09-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I had a hard time hearing a lot of dialogue in this one; too much going on. What did dick Grayson say?
    Holey crimson skies of death!

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That was intense and fast paced, while still having some great character moments. I hope the rest of the crossover is this intense! Wait, so Barry still doesn't know Earth 2 is gone even though everyone else does? Weird.
    Maybe they're saving it for the Flash part of the crossover since we'll have the rest of Team Flash there.
    I was waiting for them to tease Alex and Kate. Sara wasn't in the room, so no shipping of her with Kate.
    I wonder if we'll get a big, lesbian, action sequence with Kate, Alex, and Sara. Although amusingly Kate is the only one who's currently single...
    Give Oliver another...animated...adventure. But yeah, I had the same thought about Earth-16. Then again, there were supposed to be 53 Earths (52 plus Earth-X), but that's clearly no longer the case. I don't think the WB/DC Execs are keeping track.
    Maybe there's separate live-action, animated, and comic Multiverses.
    I'm kind of glad. I re-watched Elseworlds, and Superman clearly outdid Supergirl (to the point where she knew she couldn't handle D's book, so she had to get Clark to do it). Plus, we're seeing a ton of Supermen anyway.
    I think that book sequence was about the only time he outdid her. They did about equal against Amazo but Clark couldn't even beat Deegan Supes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    He had only 1 arm. Since that's how Sara beat him by taking out his metal arm. Though I agree with everything else. His appearance here makes no sense. Especially since he should have met Sara and the Legends previously
    The only way this makes sense is if they popped up before the Legends found him. It would explain why he doesn't look as old as he did then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Anyone else really hyped to return to SMALLVILLE tonight?
    Will they do "Somebody Saaaaaave me" again ?
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    A minor complaint: since Oliver has said his goodbyes quite a few times already, I think his last line should have been, "Then it's not time." The final, final death scene monologue seemed a bit unnecessary.
    I wasn't expecting Oliver's last words to be "okay."
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    2. Sigh. The show's called Supergirl. When Clark get's his own show, he can be top banana then. (Who am I kidding; Lois will probably outshine him on that show, too
    I am kind of wondering how they'll handle him as a main character now.
    4. That was the one moment I didn't like, to be honest. The Monitor was able to teleport Earth 90's Flash away right after Flash started running towards him. He couldn't make the arrow vanish?
    Oliver's self-sacrifice really threw him for a loop.
    There were a few moments where he dialed it up to 11, but otherwise that's how he normally is.
    And he's especially dialed up because he's lost some of his inhibitions blocking his mental powers. So he's basically on overdrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That line completely justified his appearance in this.

Lol'd so hard at this part and replayed it surely 3 dozens times or so by now

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

And yes, Lena is that petty.
    It's a Luthor family trait.

Earth mitosis

Burt Ward's Dick got the best line of the entire first Hour, bar none. They made the most of his cameo.
    Plus Ace the Bat-Hound!

I have to admit, My Mom and I were a little disappointed that Ace wasn't a Great Dane, since Burt Ward has a Great Dane Rescue, (plus an homage to Batman Beyond's Ace), but we love this version too.

If Earth-66 is restored, Kate should adopt Ace. They should remove one of the human characters and put Ace in their place.

Isn't Earth-16 supposed to be Young Justice's Earth? It would've been hilarious if they traveled there and we saw everyone transformed into animated versions of themselves and meet The Team.
    I agree. I'm still waiting for Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew.

Lena is getting more and more insufferable. I can't wait to hear Lex say how "proud" he is of how she's been acting, because that's the only way I see her getting a wake-up call from this.
    That would be good.

I can totally see Luke being jealous at the new Batarang Ray made on the fly.
    Me too! I hope we'll see something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    It's a Luthor family trait.

Earth mitosis

Plus Ace the Bat-Hound!

I have to admit, My Mom and I were a little disappointed that Ace wasn't a Great Dane, since Burt Ward has a Great Dane Rescue, (plus an homage to Batman Beyond's Ace), but we love this version too.

If Earth-66 is restored, Kate should adopt Ace. They should remove one of the human characters and put Ace in their place.

I agree. I'm still waiting for Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew.

That would be good.

Me too! I hope we'll see something like that.
    we should take a poll to see which character Kate should replace with ace.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    we should take a poll to see which character Kate should replace with ace.
    Sophie. Duh

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Sophie. Duh
    Dang it, I actually find this tempting .

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Great Start, but since I don't watch Supergirl regularly in a long time is the Brainy actor always that bad?
    He grows on you. He's like the Sheldon Cooper of the DEO. Jesse Rath is actually quite a talented actor, as the script requires him to go in many emotional directions, owing to his 12th level intelligence.

Is there a reason we have to assume 2046 Oliver has already met the Legends? Couldn't this happen before that, given time travel and all? I'm just surprised he knew it was Sara; in his season one world Sara had dark hair

Given that up until recently our Oliver was hatching plans to defeat the Monitor, it's no surprise he has an arrow in his quiver that can stun the Monitor, if only for a little while.

I think it was a gutsy move to take out the Green Arrow so early in the crossover. I can see how Amell will appear again, but I won't say because it could be a spoiler.

I'd like to think that all the universes are amalgamated into one by the end of this crossover, with a unified timeline--at least until the next crossover--but I don't see how that can work with the Titans, if they have a Bruce Wayne on their Earth (unless there's some way to marry Batwoman's continuity with the Titans'--but I have yet to watch their series, so maybe there's a way).

I have watched all of the CW DC shows (every single episode), but it's quite a lot--I can see how some people can get burned out on so many shows. I'll be glad to take a break after this is all over.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I never want to see brainy again. He annoyed in every scene he was in. He plays the part like a very bad soap actor.

Was I the only one wondering where the other legends were at?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Was I the only one wondering where the other legends were at?
    Harbinger only grabbed Sara and Ray. I am sure they will show up later.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!