Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have a hunch when THE FLASH ends this season we'll see a new newspaper but this one will have a 2019 date and it will show that Green Arrow vanished in the Crisis. Of course, with that clue, Team Flash and Team Arrow will want to stop that from happening.
    Yes - there was more to Ollie's conversation with the Monitor and I bet it has to do with him trying to sacrificing himself instead of Barry. (or at least that will be the deal) I'm a bit surprised they pulled the "Flash and Supergirl have to die" thing here instead of Crisis, since they were the two major casualties in the comics.

But in terms of things I'd like to see: (aside from every hero who's ever existed in the Arrowverse, including the JSA and Legion)
    -- Black Lightning and Supergirl incorporated into the main Arrow-verse.(Crisis-style as if they'd always been that way) They don't have to cross over all the time, just have them on the same world and deal with it.
    -- I want the DOOM PATROL! (and Titans too) Do what Marvel only ever teased and were never able to do with their Netflix shows and really show that it's all connected (even if they're a diff universe)
    -- Finally give us The Batman on tv again! (how old will Mazouz be by then? He'll be free from Fox ...)

Retired

Since Berlanti is involved with a lot of shows--past and present--he can proably use his influence to get some actors to do cameos. Probably not Ryan Reynolds--as much as I would love that and Reynolds is probably available in Vancouver to shoot scenes--but other lesser known actors or characters could do the producer a favour.

I'm sure that Grant Gustin's Barry Allen is not going to expire--he might disappear into the Speed Force and return later in the season. I'm not so sure about Melissa Benoist as Kara Zor-El or Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen.

Benoist has lots of other things she could be doing besides working on this TV series so much of the time. But she wouldn't leave before season 5, which will reach 100 episodes with its 12th episode. But they could end things there.

ARROW is getting long in the tooth. They might want to use the series while it has life in it to launch another series to take its place.

Everyone is predicting the demise of LEGENDS OF TOMORROW. But of all these shows, this is the one that has proven it can survive the departure of leading actors and the reinvention of the premise. LEGENDS could morph into a totally different show with a complete rehaul of its cast without missing a beat. I'd like to see it become like SLIDERS.

Since Berlanti is involved with a lot of shows--past and present--he can proably use his influence to get some actors to do cameos. Probably not Ryan Reynolds--as much as I would love that and Reynolds is probably available in Vancouver to shoot scenes--but other lesser known actors or characters could do the producer a favour.

I'm sure that Grant Gustin's Barry Allen is not going to expire--he might disappear into the Speed Force and return later in the season. I'm not so sure about Melissa Benoist as Kara Zor-El or Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen.

Benoist has lots of other things she could be doing besides working on this TV series so much of the time. But she wouldn't leave before season 5, which will reach 100 episodes with its 12th episode. But they could end things there.

ARROW is getting long in the tooth. They might want to use the series while it has life in it to launch another series to take its place.

Everyone is predicting the demise of LEGENDS OF TOMORROW. But of all these shows, this is the one that has proven it can survive the departure of leading actors and the reinvention of the premise. LEGENDS could morph into a totally different show with a complete rehaul of its cast without missing a beat. I'd like to see it become like SLIDERS.
    Good god I loved Sliders even been watching it lately on Hulu but it got progressively worse with each cast change dear god I wouldn't wish that on any show.

Typically, TV actors are signed to 7-year contracts. We already know that Stephen Amell is. He's said so in interviews. That means that Arrow might end this season as he and perhaps the whole original cast would have to renegotiate.

So, Melissa Benoist ain't going anywhere for another few years.

The only question mark for next season is Arrow in terms of actors being contractually obligated to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Typically, TV actors are signed to 7-year contracts. We already know that Stephen Amell is. He's said so in interviews. That means that Arrow might end this season as he and perhaps the whole original cast would have to renegotiate.

So, Melissa Benoist ain't going anywhere for another few years.

The only question mark for next season is Arrow in terms of actors being contractually obligated to return.
    I'm in the camp that thinks COIE might be the big good bye to Oliver and Arrow as a show with Batwoman becoming the new street level show for the "Arrowverse".

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Arrow isn't going anywhere. CW kept Supernatural going for 14 seasons. They'll likely keep Arrow going as long as the principal cast is willing to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Arrow isn't going anywhere. CW kept Supernatural going for 14 seasons. They'll likely keep Arrow going as long as the principal cast is willing to stay.
    Of course, but the point is that once this current Season 7 is over, they have to renegotiate with the actors. Arrow's ratings are half what they were in its initial seasons. Arrow also has a larger cast than Supernatural. The show will likely come back if Amell wants to, but that doesn't mean that the entire cast will also be back.

Budget cuts on TV happen all the time as a series gets older and ratings drop. If the show can still be produced where it still makes financial sense and if Amell doesn't have any other prospects, I'd expect it to be back (with a cast shakeup like Smallville with its Season 8).

Of course, but the point is that once this current Season 7 is over, they have to renegotiate with the actors. Arrow's ratings are half what they were in its initial seasons. Arrow also has a larger cast than Supernatural. The show will likely come back if Amell wants to, but that doesn't mean that the entire cast will also be back.

Budget cuts on TV happen all the time as a series gets older and ratings drop. If the show can still be produced where it still makes financial sense and if Amell doesn't have any other prospects, I'd expect it to be back (with a cast shakeup like Smallville with its Season 8).
    The thing I can see hurting Arrow's chances are if the CW goes ahead and gives Batwoman a series. They are so similar in theme. Non-powered vigilante taking on a corrupt city. The only major difference is gender and
    that might actually work against Arrow in the move for more diversity. Arrow's detractors have always said he was just Batman, not the Green Arrow of the comic books. Now with a female Batman, do they still need a
    faux male Batman?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The thing I can see hurting Arrow's chances are if the CW goes ahead and gives Batwoman a series. They are so similar in theme. Non-powered vigilante taking on a corrupt city. The only major difference is gender and
    that might actually work against Arrow in the move for more diversity. Arrow's detractors have always said he was just Batman, not the Green Arrow of the comic books. Now with a female Batman, do they still need a
    faux male Batman?
    The only way it would work is to completely change direction with ARROW and make Oliver more like his 1970s "Hard-Traveling Heroes" persona, chili-cooking and all. The time rewriting that could result from CRISIS might accommodate that.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I heard that Arrow has already been renewed for Season 8. So maybe they are hedging their bets- if they can't get Stepehn to sign a new contract, then just get an extension and kill him off. But I could see him come back with a new contract.

Honestly, I think everybody who wanted to leave has left. Willa was horribly misused, and finally asked to leave and was let go. There was nothing really left for Quentin to do, so Paul was able to go. Katie is getting some good material finally, so maybe she decides to stay. Then again, she just got married, so maybe she takes a reduces schedule. And everybody else seems happy enough.

As for Melissa on Supergirl, I think that as long as they can accommodate her side projects, she'd be willing to stay on. And all of these shows have been willing to work with their cast if they had other projects come up on the off season.

Retired

The way that the CW has to keep moving around shows on the schedule to make room for other shows, I think they would be better off ordering less episodes per season. Then there'd be room enough for everything.

Not every actor can be nailed down to long contracts, or else we wouldn't see so many departures. Do you think anyone on LEGENDS has locked into a seven year contract?

If LEGENDS is going to end, I'd like to see them end up in their own timeline that is separate from the main Arrowverse timeline. They all get to rewrite history in the best possible way, so that Sara ends up with Ava and her dad and sister are still alive. Rip gets his wife and kid back. Zari saves her family. Nate and Amaya live happily ever after. Ray and Nora get married and have a son. Mick Rory partners up with Leonard Snart, who is alive again, and they go on their merry way as crooks. Stein is not dead, he rejoins his wife and daughter and becomes Firestorm every week with Jax.

The way that the CW has to keep moving around shows on the schedule to make room for other shows, I think they would be better off ordering less episodes per season. Then there'd be room enough for everything.

Not every actor can be nailed down to long contracts, or else we wouldn't see so many departures. Do you think anyone on LEGENDS has locked into a seven year contract?

If LEGENDS is going to end, I'd like to see them end up in their own timeline that is separate from the main Arrowverse timeline. They all get to rewrite history in the best possible way, so that Sara ends up with Ava and her dad and sister are still alive. Rip gets his wife and kid back. Zari saves her family. Nate and Amaya live happily ever after. Ray and Nora get married and have a son. Mick Rory partners up with Leonard Snart, who is alive again, and they go on their merry way as crooks. Stein is not dead, he rejoins his wife and daughter and becomes Firestorm every week with Jax.
    Wouldn't that negate all they fought for in the series of protecting the Timeline?

Well, typically the way it works is that the actor gets a 7-year contract so that the producers can guarantee that costs can be kept under control (annual raises are built into that initial contract and are nice but not earthshattering) and that the actor will stick around to guarantee enough episodes for syndication and then more to last until the series dies a natural death. Most series don't go beyond 7 years.

However, another safeguard producers build into the actor's contract is an annual option. So, even though the actor is obligated to show up for 7 years as long as the show is in production, the producers can decide to let an actor go basically any time, but normally at the end of a season. If an actor is let go before season end and hasn't appeared in all his guaranteed episodes (e.g. the contract guaranteed the actor 15 episodes out of the 22 in the season each season for 7 seasons), then the actor gets paid for the rest of that season's guarantee and then his option is simply "not picked up" for the next season and the actor does not get paid for the remaining seasons on his contract. Of course, the main actors often appear in all episodes, but you want the option to have characters "go out of town" for an episode to control costs when necessary.

That's how Legends can have so much cast turnover. Only the actor is really obligated for the 7 seasons. The producers don't have to employ the actor for 7 seasons.

Of course, actors can ask to be let out of their contracts if things aren't working out for them, but depending on the producer, it might not be such a slam dunk. For example, in the 1994 series ER, Sherry Stringfield had a 5-season contract with the show as Dr. Susan Lewis, but asked to be let go in the middle of season 3. The producers complied, but they forbade her from taking any other television work for the balance of her contract, which is why she was off TV until 1999.

If you're old enough to remember the 1970s, then you know what a crapstorm happened when Farrah Fawcett left Charlie's Angels after the first season. She was sued and they settled on her coming back for 6 guest shots.

Anyway, it's entirely possible that everyone in the Legends cast IS signed to 7 seasons so the producers have the flexibility to create their stories and use the characters as needed, but once things are underway, they realize that certain characters aren't working or want to take the story in a direction that doesn't require said character. That's where not renewing the annual option comes in very handy.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 12-19-2018 at 12:25 AM.

BANNED

That means that Arrow might end this season as he and perhaps the whole original cast would have to renegotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm in the camp that thinks COIE might be the big good bye to Oliver and Arrow as a show with Batwoman becoming the new street level show for the "Arrowverse".
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    faux male Batman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The only way it would work is to completely change direction with ARROW and make Oliver more like his 1970s "Hard-Traveling Heroes" persona, chili-cooking and all. The time rewriting that could result from CRISIS might accommodate that.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I heard that Arrow has already been renewed for Season 8. So maybe they are hedging their bets- if they can't get Stepehn to sign a new contract, then just get an extension and kill him off. But I could see him come back with a new contract.
    Arrow has been renewed for season 8 unofficially. https://tvshowscancelled.com/arrow-r...n-8-by-the-cw/

Epp been waiting to see all the eps on the cw app.