Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I do wonder...if Christopher Reeve and Adam West were both still alive and well today, would they have reprised their famous roles for COIE?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    disappointed with the revelations about Welling's Clark. But at least he's still alive.
    Nope. All the Earths were destroyed.

BANNED

Goodbye Earth 1. 2012 to 2019.

Incredible Member

So the rumor mill is interesting regarding Routh’s remaining role.

One of the leaks I heard weeks back indicated that Routh was being considered to ALSO play Dark Bruce as well if they couldn’t get Conroy.

It kind of makes sense that most of the bit roles were more or less adlibbed to whatever they could get. To a point where I gather Guggenheim is STILL trying to get more red skies cameos filmed even if just for the recap.

And the “important” multiverse characters were written with enough flexibility that they COULD conceivably have had existing Arrowverse actors play them with a few tweaks.

My money says they considered Dean Cain and Hatcher for Earth-75 and just used Hoechlin and Tulloch when that fell through.

Likewise with Earth-96 Superman, they probably would have dialed back the Donner references and had Hoechlin play both if Routh had declined.

And they had a few options for Earth-267 if Welling had declined. They might dial back other references but keep a retired Clark.

My understanding is that there are also some deleted scenes with double casting. Candice Patton mentioned another role she played and I THINK despite the speculation of the YouTube comment section about being Iris or alt Lois that it was going to be a gender swap earth where Iris is the Flash. Remember that the XS costume was also made partly in her size because it was her jacket. So my instinct is that you’d have speedster Iris in more or less the XS suit going by, of course, The Blur. Since that was the name Iris wanted to give Barry.

I get the impression Tom Cavanaugh was also primed for more double roles, some of which may have been filmed.

Loved the bit of Lucifer hitting on Mia

Wouldn't the Anti Monitor want the cannon to just explode and wipe out all remaining earths at once?

Flash-90 confirmed he married Tina McGee!

...And we get a flashback to the old show!

I hope we get more crossovers in the future with Black Lightning and The Flash, as well as Supergirl and Batwoman.

It was nice to see Oliver in the classic hood one more time.

I like that Batwoman came clean with Supergirl. And it was nice that Kara told her to keep the Kryptonite. It's a nice symmetry to the relationship that Clark (normally) has with Bruce.

Mind-controlled Harbinger! The only time this season I don't mind mind control, since it was a part of the original story.

LEX! Brilliant!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    They probably will just keep the professor Wells Reverse Flash faked as.
    Well, they teased Allegra as a counterpart to Wells’ daughter.

If you want to get writer-y and deconstruct things, there’s a list of things I think we can expect.

Allegra isn’t likely going away and is likely to be tied closely to the Wells we get.

Chester Runk is likely primed for main cast and my impression is that Cisco is likely to get written out. I hesitate to say “die” but he’s the Alexander Luthor analogue here in terms of powers. Chester is being setup to replace him.

Ralph finding Sue and the Black Hole lapel pin group are prominent in the back half of the season, obviously.

We know Wally will be appearing and some of Iris’ comics backstory is planned. Barry and Iris having kids is an arc I expect to intersect with this stuff.

I feel like Caitlin is being given a send off albeit a more involved one with the “one year as Killer Frost” arc. Panabaker is pregnant and while they are filming around that to conceal it, she may want to take a leave after the baby is born.

Joe’s reduced screen presence is tied to an injury Jesse Martin had and they might write him out as well.

I think we’re more or less being setup with an option for Season 7 with Barry, Iris, Wells, Allegra, Ralph, Sue, Nora, Bart, and Chunk.

Keep in mind there’s also been talk in what seem to me to be credible circles of condensing some of the older shows down that have hemorrhaged cast into a JLA show starring Barry, Kara, and J’Onn with Iris and a few others. JLA or JLI, which apparently might brand differently enough from “Justice League” to get WB’s blessing. They’d anchor it with established folks but try to setup some torch passing to new actors as Fire and Ice or Guy Gardner: Warrior or the like.

Holy crap on a cracker- way to go out on a roll. I’m going to enjoy seeing cryer acting against the big seven. Other thoughts;
    1) I hope Ryan Choi grows a pair before this is all over.
    2) did Tom cavanaugh do the whispering thing on purpose? Because he’s managed to annoy me yet again. What is he- 5 for 5 now?
    3) I wonder if Cisco will still be vibe when all this is over? I don’t trust that he’s sticking around.

4) nice scenes with Jefferson/ Barry, and Kate/Kara. Still, that whole tantrum of kara’s didn’t sit well with me.
    5) the Oliver side quest left me cold, but I liked seeing Constantine and Lucifer. Jim corrigan wasn’t what I expected either.
    6) was that Dina Meyer talking to Ashley Scott?
    Last edited by protege; 12-10-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I do wonder...if Christopher Reeve and Adam West were both still alive and well today, would they have reprised their famous roles for COIE?
    I think Adam West would have appeared as Bruce one more time. As for Christopher, I think maybe they would have had him appear as Dr. Swan from Smallville rather than a Superman, and I think he would have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    So the rumor mill is interesting regarding Routh’s remaining role.

One of the leaks I heard weeks back indicated that Routh was being considered to ALSO play Dark Bruce as well if they couldn’t get Conroy.

My money says they considered Dean Cain and Hatcher for Earth-75 and just used Hoechlin and Tulloch when that fell through.

I get the impression Tom Cavanaugh was also primed for more double roles, some of which may have been filmed.

Hell, if Conroy fell through, they should have had Cavanaugh play Bruce.

As for Dean Cain- I get the impression that the producers have soured on him, and don't want him anywhere near the shows now.

Crisis on Infinite Earths Aftercrisis show more cameos are coming in the second part

While it has been interesting overall this has been extremely disappointing so far. They really missed the mark on a lot of their choices so far. Obviously there is a lot to go but the first 3 hours have been way more disappointing with brief entertaining moments as opposed to actually being great.

- Oliver's death was just dumb- felt so forced to create shock value for episode 1. Reminded me a lot of Superman's death in BVS in that it wasn't a terrible scene or anything and did have some emotion but overall it felt unearned especially given that it was for the name sake of the whole universe
    - Does Tyler Hocehlin Superman exist for any other reason than to elevate Kara. Every single time he shows up it normally just seems to be a reason to show "look Kara is stronger" I mean it's fine that they want to do that but do we really have to have a scene every single time that shows that clark is weaker than kara. Betting by the end of the crossover we will get another " you are greater than I ever will be" speech from clark
    -Gotta love tearing down Bruce to elevate Kate. They literally included bruce so he could get one shotted by kate and she could learn she is the actual "Bat". I mean really ? They used conroy for that? You get the chance to be the first to literally bring the iconic batman to life and you use it to elevate Kate and make batman look like crap. You could had bruce give her an inspiring speech and pass on the mantle to her, you could have had him refuse because he was too old and broken down but have him give her a suit upgrade or something like that, but no instead batman is a psycho who killed Superman. Yet also this batman is so dumb he gets killed by electricity, way to respect the character who is the whole reason you have a damn show CW. And for those who say that it isn't tearing Bruce down, imagine if they had a batman TV show where he travels to an alternative earth and meets kate and she is a psycho who gets hit once by bruce and falls into electricity before dying, there would be a million articles on sites about how the " Crisis failed Kate Kane" and how she got "fridged to elevate bruce"

There have been some great moments, the smallville, batman 89', birds of prey and burt ward cameos were great, although its too bad we didn't get a lynda carter cameo as of yet. Too bad Welling couldn't be on more but seems like he didn't want to be on for more than a brief scene. Mia has had some really solid character development gotta give them credit for setting her up really well for her own series, she has kinda been the mvp of the series for me so far.90's flash being the hero was great although sad to see him go. Kingdom Come Superman was amazing, hopefully this wasn't the end of him. Also Cress williams seems like way too good of an actor to be on these shows he absolutely stood out in every scene he was in.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Where is psycho pirate? Wasn't he in the Elseworlds crossover to build up his role for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Where is psycho pirate? Wasn't he in the Elseworlds crossover to build up his role for this?
    Maybe he appears in 2nd half.

I think it was just as a prelude to it is all, to get fans hyped up for it.

I'm wondering when Reverse Flash will show up myself.