Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Not quite sure how they could have made it work, maybe something with Constantine, but after the Lucifer cameo which means anything is possible the second I saw Ryan Choi aka Kevin Tran all I wanted was for somehow Sam and Dean to make a quick cameo.

Retired

I didn't like JWS taking Grant's place (but Shipp seems to keep dying). It confirmed what everyone was predicting and I'd rather a twist. And also it's a cheat because Barry said that the only timeline where they survived was the one where he died--he didn't see Earth-90 Flash dying. Then again, since everyone did ultimately die, the '90s Flash probably did do the wrong thing--maybe if Gustin-Barry had sacrificed himself that would have produced a different timeline.

So apparently the Jim Corrigan Spectre was active all this time--yet we never saw him? I wonder if some of the strange stuff that happened over the years on the different shows was actually his doing.

I realize that McNamara is 24 and I guess Mia is supposed to be 20 or 21, but to me Mia is just a kid. I don't like guys hitting on her. It's really creepy--and it seems like they do it because she is so young--like they're predators. Are we supposed to be impressed that Mia attracts these kind of low-lifes?

If there's an infinitude of universes, then it doesn't make a lot of sense that they could all be destroyed. But let's just say the number isn't infinite, I'd still expect it to be higher than 666--so what were those higher numbers like--do the universes just get weirder and weirder, to the point where our mathematical understanding of the universe is wrong?

But I guess that's it for the CW. It was a great three part finale to all their DC shows--and for their final performance they pulled out all the stops. So long and thanks for all the fish.

BoP Earth finally shows up, with Helena doing what she does best, jumping from rooftops in a longcoat. They may not have gotten Rachel Skarsten back, but did they get Dina Meyer back as Barbara/Oracle?

I was not expecting Ryan Choi to be a Paragon. I mean, Ryan instead of Ollie? But I guess Ollie had a greater destiny as The Spectre. So the arrowhead in the Paragon slab was the "A" for Atom then?

Wow, the Monitor just waved his hand and made Cisco Vibe again. That was sure easy.

Lucifer!!! I had a feeling Tom Ellis was just trying to cover their tracks when his cameo leaked. Man, it was nice to finally get to see him and Constantine on-screen together. What a satisfying moment for Vertigo fans .

It wouldn't be Ryan Choi if he didn't fanboy over Ray Palmer. Amanda I think is based on a love interest for Ryan in his comic run...and "Simone" is obviously named after Gail Simone, his creator.

Iris finaly justifies her role in the crossover beyond being Barry's wife by helping talk Ryan aboard.

Team Flash finally learns about Earth-2 being destroyed, and what that means, even if they don't get a lot of time to process it. I expect that might be saved for Post-Crisis.

I like how the Flashes immediately enter Flashtime the moment they need to figure something out.

Earth-90 Barry married Tina! That's a nice way of culminating that Barry's arc, and made the flashback even more poignant.

It's awesome to finally see Black Lightning incorporated into the Arrowverse proper, I only wish it were under better circumstances after his family got consumed by Anti-Matter. But seeing him with all the other heroes, finding out Superman is real, and bonding with Barry over their fathers, dead families, and their archenemies ruining their lives was great. I hope this isn't the last time we see Jefferson like this .

That's got to be rough for Barry to see Earth-90 Flash sacrifice himself. On some level, that's Barry's dad sacrificing himself to save Barry and Barry having to watch his father die again. And I guess Jay is probably dead too, now.

Earth-90 Flash had his final run, taking over for Barry to do one of the most iconic moments in Crisis...The Flash's sacrifice to stop the Anti-Matter canon. And it was just as heartbreaking seeing this Barry disintegrate, especially after his flashback to Tina. This Flash, the original TV Flash, went out the true hero he was, once again setting the stage for his successor to lead the future .

I thought it was hilarious how they had Jim Corrigan just randomly pop out and talk about how he became "someone else, something else" before passing the Spectre onto Oliver. I also liked the nod to how he didn't look like the Corrigan Constantine knew, given the different actors. Maybe that Corrigan might still become The Spectre of Earth-1. Although if Oliver is going to become the Spectre...will he really need his physical body?

Wow, Kate managed to talk Kara down without needing the Kryptonite. And then she had the guts to tell Kara she had it afterwards. Nice job.

Now it's up to the Justice Lea...I mean, the Seven Paragons, to stop the Anti-Monitor.

So wait...if Lex wrote himself into the Paragons...what happened to Routh's Superman? Is he dead? They wouldn't take him out like that, would they?

Anyone wanna bet that "Oh My God" from Kara is her reacting to Oliver as The Spectre?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm wondering when Reverse Flash will show up myself.
    Probably the most convenient time to screw with Barry.

I remember in the original Crisis there was a big hero vs. villain battle before they finally defeated the Anti-Monitor. I wonder if that's going to happen or if it's just going to be the Paragons vs. Anti-Monitor (although it looks like that fight is Hour Four instead of Hour Five).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    BoP Earth finally shows up, with Helena doing what she does best, jumping from rooftops in a longcoat. They may not have gotten Rachel Skarsten back, but did they get Dina Meyer back as Barbara/Oracle?

I was not expecting Ryan Choi to be a Paragon. I mean, Ryan instead of Ollie? But I guess Ollie had a greater destiny as The Spectre. So the arrowhead in the Paragon slab was the "A" for Atom then?

Wow, the Monitor just waved his hand and made Cisco Vibe again. That was sure easy.

Lucifer!!! I had a feeling Tom Ellis was just trying to cover their tracks when his cameo leaked. Man, it was nice to finally get to see him and Constantine on-screen together. What a satisfying moment for Vertigo fans .

It wouldn't be Ryan Choi if he didn't fanboy over Ray Palmer. Amanda I think is based on a love interest for Ryan in his comic run...and "Simone" is obviously named after Gail Simone, his creator.

Iris finaly justifies her role in the crossover beyond being Barry's wife by helping talk Ryan aboard.

Team Flash finally learns about Earth-2 being destroyed, and what that means, even if they don't get a lot of time to process it. I expect that might be saved for Post-Crisis.

I like how the Flashes immediately enter Flashtime the moment they need to figure something out.

Earth-90 Barry married Tina! That's a nice way of culminating that Barry's arc, and made the flashback even more poignant.

It's awesome to finally see Black Lightning incorporated into the Arrowverse proper, I only wish it were under better circumstances after his family got consumed by Anti-Matter. But seeing him with all the other heroes, finding out Superman is real, and bonding with Barry over their fathers, dead families, and their archenemies ruining their lives was great. I hope this isn't the last time we see Jefferson like this .

That's got to be rough for Barry to see Earth-90 Flash sacrifice himself. On some level, that's Barry's dad sacrificing himself to save Barry and Barry having to watch his father die again. And I guess Jay is probably dead too, now.

Earth-90 Flash had his final run, taking over for Barry to do one of the most iconic moments in Crisis...The Flash's sacrifice to stop the Anti-Matter canon. And it was just as heartbreaking seeing this Barry disintegrate, especially after his flashback to Tina. This Flash, the original TV Flash, went out the true hero he was, once again setting the stage for his successor to lead the future .

I thought it was hilarious how they had Jim Corrigan just randomly pop out and talk about how he became "someone else, something else" before passing the Spectre onto Oliver. I also liked the nod to how he didn't look like the Corrigan Constantine knew, given the different actors. Maybe that Corrigan might still become The Spectre of Earth-1. Although if Oliver is going to become the Spectre...will he really need his physical body?

Wow, Kate managed to talk Kara down without needing the Kryptonite. And then she had the guts to tell Kara she had it afterwards. Nice job.

Now it's up to the Justice Lea...I mean, the Seven Paragons, to stop the Anti-Monitor.

So wait...if Lex wrote himself into the Paragons...what happened to Routh's Superman? Is he dead? They wouldn't take him out like that, would they?

Anyone wanna bet that "Oh My God" from Kara is her reacting to Oliver as The Spectre?

I remember in the original Crisis there was a big hero vs. villain battle before they finally defeated the Anti-Monitor. I wonder if that's going to happen or if it's just going to be the Paragons vs. Anti-Monitor (although it looks like that fight is Hour Four instead of Hour Five).
    After Crisis said there is an epic battle coming. I wonder if this is the Arrowverse answer to Avengers Endgame where the snapped are returned. All the Cameos join in the Battle after everyone is returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    After Crisis said there is an epic battle coming. I wonder if this is the Arrowverse answer to Avengers Endgame where the snapped are returned. All the Cameos join in the Battle after everyone is returned.
    If they can get a lot of them back, it would be pretty impressive.

I also have to imagine they'll have more then just the Paragons involved in the final battle. We still haven't seen the rest of the Legends (unless they really are not appearing in this crossover).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think Adam West would have appeared as Bruce one more time. As for Christopher, I think maybe they would have had him appear as Dr. Swan from Smallville rather than a Superman, and I think he would have done that.

Hell, if Conroy fell through, they should have had Cavanaugh play Bruce.

As for Dean Cain- I get the impression that the producers have soured on him, and don't want him anywhere near the shows now.
    I get that but for the death scene I think they’d have cut him a check and photoshopped him in if he’d agreed and Hatcher had agreed to cry in front of a green screen. I don’t think it would have involved him being on a set.

Random thoughts:
    -- Hey, dudes - Supergirl and Batwoman weren't getting anyone to front 400 million dollar movies made about them. They're the leads of their own shows, geez let them have their spotlight in this alternate universe on tv. This isn't the comics where they really can use Batman and the Supermen they have aren't the leads of the shows. Next season when Superman has his show I'm sure he'll be as awesome as you need him to be. Your world will continue.
    -- Hot damn - Lucifer!! All of the notable guest stars were spoiled leading up to this, much to my chagrin because I wanted to be delightfully surprised. (as I was when seeing the Titans or Knox for a few seconds) And seeing him have a scene with Constantine was the perfect way to do it. Now it's too bad he didn't meet Welling Clark/Cain. Luthor might see himself as Abel to some degree...
    -- I had been saying that I thought they had Cisco gave up his powers because when they were planning Crisis, it would have been too easy for the heroes to have his breaching powers on their side. I admit to being totally wrong on that one.
    -- I can't imagine Audrey Marie Anderson having any idea that taking on the role of Digg's ex wife would lead to this - she's front and center for this event and doing a really good job in a role that's weird and on the surface doesn't make a lot of sense.
    -- I was surprised by: Ryan Choi being a Paragon, them using a Lazarus pit to bring back Ollie (or try to), Conroy playing an evil Batman (or one who's lost it), Lex's gambit to replace Superman.
    -- I know a lot of people were disappointed, but there's something nice about Welling just playing Clark Kent - that was the role he played for ten years, not Superman and it was fitting that that's how we saw him.
    -- Similarly, it was amazing that JWS 90's Flash got to actually have a hero's ending the way his show never let him. That flashback clip was awesome, though it's too bad they didn't include one of him also in costume.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-10-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Incredible Member

So far, this has followed the main beats of Crisis.

I think more than likely:

Part 4 is the Battle at the Dawn of Time.

Part 5 is everyone waking up on the merged earth. Probably a Flash/Supergirl team-up. Jefferson reuniting with his family. Lois and Clark reuniting with Jon. Mostly Arrow fallout.

But there are wrinkles. Some people remember more than others. Earth-96 Superman is around.

The Anti-Monitor returns for a final attack. Loads of random deaths.

Earth-96 Superman takes the battle into the Antimatter Universe. I think there’s a slight spin here as rumors speculate a 3rd Superman.

E-96 Superman gets the final fight. He’s stranded. On the verge of death.

Vibe breaches in to help. They’re stranded together.

Cisco can’t get them home but he can open a breach “somewhere else”.

A portal opens revealing Kate Bosworth and Jason. John Williams love theme swells.

Superman and Vibe go to that “other place”. Infinite Crisis remains an option and, yeah, the chance to restore the multiverse will be an option except with Superman-96 going to recruit Supergirl instead of Earth-2 Superman recruiting Power Girl and Vibe in place of Alex. Likely a much more Superman-centric event.

A check back in with our heroes.

Close on a scene at Arkham Asylum. Psycho Pirate gets his line about worlds lived, worlds died, and nothing will ever be the same.

On the whole, a pretty straight adaptation.

It really is a testament to how many Batman shows and movies there have been if nearly every single cameo Earth that gets destroyed is from a Batman property. Seeing Huntress was fun, seeing Lucifer was more fun (which raises a few questions I have concerning Constantine, although they did address the pronunciation).

The strong sense of family ties really hit in this part. Iris being able to appeal to Ryan because they both have families, Barry bonding with Jeff through their fathers, and even the Monitor talking about his family.

Earth-90 Barry...wow. Okay, I actually thought he died during Elseworlds, but his death here and the confirmation he married Tina (and the actual flashback to the show!), the old theme, it was incredible. So is Barry going to learn how to speed steal?

We didn't get much from J'onn, but him being the Paragon of Honor explains why the Monitor put him through that trial with Malefic.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Kate and Kara play well off each other. The scene at the front door of Wayne Manor was chuckle worthy.
    Maybe I'm hearing things, but I swear the World's Finest theme that plays when Kate and Kara are together takes after the theme song to the Batman/Superman Adventures. Kate and Kara do make a great team, and I'm glad the kryptonite scene played out the way it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Am I the only one wishing we could have gotten a scene with Smallville-Lois and the Earth-1 Supers? Two Loises or Kara seeing "her mother" again.
    Speaking of Kara's mother, I would've liked to see Earth-84 where Kara meets the Helen Slater Supergirl. It'd be an odd parallel to what's going on with Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    What happens to the Council of Wells if, a la the original comic book COIE, the Multiverse is collapsed into one single universe? What would a unified, Post-COIE Wells be like?
    He'd be chasing after the unified, Post-COIE Kimberly Williams-Paisley. I'd like Harry and Jesse to come back. I'm glad Cisco and KF reacted to their deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    And the “important” multiverse characters were written with enough flexibility that they COULD conceivably have had existing Arrowverse actors play them with a few tweaks.

My money says they considered Dean Cain and Hatcher for Earth-75 and just used Hoechlin and Tulloch when that fell through.

Likewise with Earth-96 Superman, they probably would have dialed back the Donner references and had Hoechlin play both if Routh had declined.
    I feel like out of all the actors and roles that were up in the air, Brandon Routh reprising his role as Superman was one of the first to be confirmed. I mean, they already knew he was going to be there for Legends, and seeing as how Ray is going to be written off, presumably to be replaced by Ryan, they probably talked about it with him way ahead of time. I would've loved to revisit Dean Cain and Terry Hatcher as Clark and Lois (maybe even explaining what was up with that baby), but I have come to appreciate Hoechlin and Tulloch.

If they can get a lot of them back, it would be pretty impressive.

I also have to imagine they'll have more then just the Paragons involved in the final battle. We still haven't seen the rest of the Legends (unless they really are not appearing in this crossover).
    I'd be disappointed with a final battle that doesn't have either the Legends or the other half of Team Arrow. That's less characters than we got for Crisis on Earth X!

Still, I expect something big. Man, it's going to be a long month...

Lynda Carter's already been on Supergirl - you telling me they can't have her on as an older Diana Prince? (the Wonder Woman movie's coming out ... I don't think it'd be confusing to anyone - it's just get people psyched ) The Legends already dropped of Helen of Troy there, maybe there will be some multiversal refugee needing shelter...?

Was wondering if the name 'Mobius' was going to be used for this Anti-Monitor, given he only got it a few years ago in the comics. With mention of the monitor's family, I wonder if we'll get a Perpetua.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    We know Wally will be appearing and some of Iris’ comics backstory is planned.
    I'd completely missed the news that Wally was coming back. So awesome to hear!

I loved that scene. Kate has already become my favourite Arrowverse character and I love that she was going to give up the Kryptonite. Nice that Supergirl trusted her to keep it but man that look of hurt on her face was painful. I hope these two still end up remaining close, they have a such a great dynamic.

I never got into Black Lightning (because of how they said it would never crossover) but loved the character here. If the universes don't get rebooted and his show has a fresh start I might have to jump on board or at least give it a try.

Spectacular Member

After 3 to 4 hours of Crisis there has been a lot to digest. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the result. They've certainly managed to hit the highlights of the COIE comics and incorporate it successfully into the Arrowverse. Some random thoughts:

Loved the cameos so far. Geeked out the most at the BoP one.

Earth-90 Flash making the big sacrifice--and giving JWS a fitting ending to a TV series that was good, just the victim of terrible scheduling. Really geeked out at the actual scene from the 90's show showing him married to Tina

Holy Crap does Routh nail Superman here. Especially the KC version of him. I have to say I'm bummed that Cryer's Lex took his place in the paragons. I was really looking forward to seeing him battle at the Dawn of Time.

Cryer's Luthor I think is now the best live action version of that character ever. I actually hate the character--he is truly evil and truly a genius. A fitting arch-foe for Superman

Black Lightning was played perfectly here. Totally geeked out when he and Barry shook hands

Jeez does EVERY Batperson in every universe have the ability to take down Superman, "with enough prep time"?? This trope was old 25 years ago and its doubly so now.

Which leads to the inevitable "No, keep the Kryptonite, just in case I ever go rogue..." trope. Kara sure seems to trust someone who she has probably known for a total of 48 hours or less

Loved the battle of the Supermen. Props to making Routh's heat vision more like the effect in Superman Returns than a laser.

"Hi I'm Jim Corrigan. You may remember me from such Crises as....." Interesting if Ollie becomes the new Spectre, and of course a nod to the comics having another green hero take that spot. Obviously this Spectre is much less powerful, but would be an interesting way to have Amell on his show without being Green Arrow

My real wish is after the Crisis an actual semi-formal Justice League comes together--especially if the different shows all end up on the same Earth. Perhaps its a way to showcase the non-headliner heroes. Say Barry, Kara, Kate and Jefferson are "reserve" members while, J'onn (who let's face it is completely wasted on Supergirl), Elongated man, Mia, Sara, and Atom (Choi or Palmer) are regular members. I know it would be too much to ask but to have KC Supes at least guest-star or actually lead the Justice league would be incredible.

Extraordinary Member

Brandon Routh has been the star of this so far IMO. He sounds so much like Christopher Reeve that it's scary. And he's playing the KC Superman to perfection. I was also disappointed that Lex replaced him. He needs to be in the big battle.

One curious question - why isn't Laurel in any of this? I would like to see her helping to find Oliver's soul or at least doing something.

watching Brandon and Tom only causes me to double down how much I loathe the current casting for Lois and Clark.