Page 54 of 81 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    Cryer's Luthor I think is now the best live action version of that character ever. I actually hate the character--he is truly evil and truly a genius. A fitting arch-foe for Superman.
    I'm pretty sure Luthor got himself involved with Crisis to reshape the world so that he'll end up owning all the beachfront property in Australia.

But really, though it was played for a quick joke, Welling Clark Kent took away Luthor's ace-in-the-hole Kryptonite! You're welcome, every other Superman and Supergirl who still has powers...

Retired

David Harewood's accent sounded off this episode--maybe he didn't have enough time to prepare for some scenes because his Britishness was leaking through (which I've never heard from him before). And to add insult to injury they had to call him the paragon of "honor"--man that's gotta hurt.

There has to be a way they can bring the Reverse Flash and Kid Flash into this. I still would like to see Flash disappear in the Crisis--like in the newspaper story.

I had bad dreams about the Crisis all night and the previous two nights, as well. Worlds will live. Worlds will die.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Worlds will live. Worlds will die.
    "And the DC Universe will never be the same".

Remember that slogan?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    watching Brandon and Tom only causes me to double down how much I loathe the current casting for Lois and Clark.
    M3h i think Hoechlin does a great job with what he has been given thus far. Not his fault he is not as big as Routh or Welling.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    M3h i think Hoechlin does a great job with what he has been given thus far. Not his fault he is not as big as Routh or Welling.
    I think Tulloch has more chemistry with Routh than she does with Hoechlin.

And Routh has more chemistry with Tulloch than he had with Bosworth.

BANNED

Hmm too reminiscent of Infinity War. Pariah stating he can't teleport like harbinger to anywhere as he was bound by Anti Monitors will or something and then saving the 'paragons' and Jefferson was head scratching though the use of the endpoint in time as the destination they were teleported to was a nice callback to zero hour. Black lightning and the Flash bonding was a nice moment. The 'redemption' of 90s flash was a bit jarring after expecting Barry to dissapear in the crisis but guess they had to save him and Kara for their later season half's. Green Arrow looks to be getting a Iron Man esque moment to exit. No doubt he would be chiefly instrumental in thwarting the AM after becoming the Spectre. Wonder if he blows up pariah or the AM to recreate the Multiverse or something symbolic of how he was responsible for starting it. I think as has been rumoured Luthor is to end up leading the shadow demons or something. Wonder if he and Rv flash will team up. Wonder if the speed force or the book of destiny is going to play a role in the restoring of the Multiverse. Kara vs Kate would have been a interesting fight to watch as it would have been similar to when Barry and Oliver had clashed way back but they didn't go for it. Probably didn't want either heroine to be shown losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    ... Probably didn't want either heroine to be shown losing.
    They show Supergirl losing *all the time* on her show. She's always getting saved to show why she needs the other characters around.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    My real wish is after the Crisis an actual semi-formal Justice League comes together--especially if the different shows all end up on the same Earth. Perhaps its a way to showcase the non-headliner heroes. Say Barry, Kara, Kate and Jefferson are "reserve" members while, J'onn (who let's face it is completely wasted on Supergirl), Elongated man, Mia, Sara, and Atom (Choi or Palmer) are regular members. I know it would be too much to ask but to have KC Supes at least guest-star or actually lead the Justice league would be incredible.
    We have most of the founding members of the Justice League as the Paragons, albeit some fill-ins like Kara and Kate for Clark and Bruce.

I guess Sara is the Wonder Woman equivalent.

Ryan and Lex are...Green Lantern and Aquaman?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Brandon Routh has been the star of this so far IMO. He sounds so much like Christopher Reeve that it's scary. And he's playing the KC Superman to perfection. I was also disappointed that Lex replaced him. He needs to be in the big battle.

One curious question - why isn't Laurel in any of this? I would like to see her helping to find Oliver's soul or at least doing something.
    I think they mentioned we'd see Earth-1 Laurel in this...maybe Earth-2 Laurel becomes Earth-1 Laurel after the Earths merge.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They show Supergirl losing *all the time* on her show. She's always getting saved to show why she needs the other characters around.
    It's an Arrowverse staple. Got to justify that supporting cast!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That is obviously going to be the case otherwise the episode will end in a short while if she isn't going to lose one time or the another.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they mentioned we'd see Earth-1 Laurel in this...maybe Earth-2 Laurel becomes Earth-1 Laurel after the Earths merge.
    I would hate that. They're two different characters, why merge them? And it would completely undermine E2 Laurels redemption arc, which i've enjoyed seeing. I'd prefer they stay seperate.

Retired

I guess it's to be expected, but I hate it whenever people allege that this is from a source that came after COIE (1986) like the Shadow Demons are just Dementors or the elimination of every single universe and all life in the Multiverse is like INFINITY WAR. Does DC get no credit for creating all this stuff? Makes me mad sometimes.

I liked Ralph's line about an All-Star Squadron--now that's a deep cut.

If the CW series don't just pick up like nothing has happened and it's just the same continuity as before--if there are substantial changes--then we're going to need some kind of History of the CW Arrowverse to make sense of all the changes.

Aside from Audrey Marie Anderson as Harbinger, Bitsie Tulloch is the actor punching above her weight in this crossover. She hadn't had many scenes as Lois before this and yet she's having these deep emotional scenes and completely inhabiting the role of Lois Lane. Her contribution makes me think that a Superman Family show could work, although I'm not completely sold on the idea.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I would hate that. They're two different characters, why merge them? And it would completely undermine E2 Laurels redemption arc, which i've enjoyed seeing. I'd prefer they stay seperate.
    I think it comes down to whether they do single earth, single history.

The rumors I’ve heard suggest that the main heroes will remember their counterparts’ lives to some extent.

So Wells might be vanilla Harrison Wells with a vague recollection of the other Wellses.

I think a key problem is that Flash likely won’t want to give up Jay/Joan.

So maybe you compromise down to around five earths.

And maybe JWS is Jay on the same earth as Stargirl and Brandon Routh gets to be Superman there with his own Lois.

So you get, say, the main earth, the “old guys” earth which has Stargirl and legacy folks, the “evil” earth with a mashup that has Overgirl and Black Siren, the DC Streaming earth, and the movieverse.

I think the timeline gets reworked regardless. And in particular, I think they’ll want Batwoman to be freed up to ignore Arrow’s use of bat characters.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I guess it's to be expected, but I hate it whenever people allege that this is from a source that came after COIE (1986) like the Shadow Demons are just Dementors or the elimination of every single universe and all life in the Multiverse is like INFINITY WAR. Does DC get no credit for creating all this stuff? Makes me mad sometimes.
    It's just ignorance and a complete lack of doing any research Jim. Don't let it get to you. The only important people in an argument like that are the ones in possession of the facts.

As a Brit, I have to wait until next week for COIE but already know I'm gonna love it. Even worse we are only gonna get to see 4/5ths of this crossover. There is no UK broadcaster currently airing Batwoman and that episode will be missing when we finally get to see this next week. Imagine what an arse that feels like. I'd like to just wish endless misery on whichever party has made that possible. Network TV, your days are hopefully numbered. I'll try and watch as much as the second, Batwoman-themed installment as I can possibly can on Youtube.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    After Crisis said there is an epic battle coming. I wonder if this is the Arrowverse answer to Avengers Endgame where the snapped are returned. All the Cameos join in the Battle after everyone is returned.
    i'm sure dc will have archives of their past tv shows so plenty of stock footages for them to use if they want to bring back past dc shows for the cameos.

Retired

I like to watch various reactors on youtube--gives me an appreciation for the episodes seeing them through the eyes of other people. I was impressed that Blind Wave and Shayla were almost completely unspoiled about part 2's events and it was great to see their excitement when certain characters made an appearance.