Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    I think it comes down to whether they do single earth, single history.

The rumors I’ve heard suggest that the main heroes will remember their counterparts’ lives to some extent.

So Wells might be vanilla Harrison Wells with a vague recollection of the other Wellses.

I think a key problem is that Flash likely won’t want to give up Jay/Joan.

So maybe you compromise down to around five earths.

And maybe JWS is Jay on the same earth as Stargirl and Brandon Routh gets to be Superman there with his own Lois.

So you get, say, the main earth, the “old guys” earth which has Stargirl and legacy folks, the “evil” earth with a mashup that has Overgirl and Black Siren, the DC Streaming earth, and the movieverse.

I think the timeline gets reworked regardless. And in particular, I think they’ll want Batwoman to be freed up to ignore Arrow’s use of bat characters.

since black lightning is still in the midst of his storyline , i'm sure some if not all universes will be brought back in the end. maybe the adult jon kent will show up with hypertime to show that all earths are still in existance in the omniverse..

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    After Crisis said there is an epic battle coming. I wonder if this is the Arrowverse answer to Avengers Endgame where the snapped are returned. All the Cameos join in the Battle after everyone is returned.
    As long as we get Burt Ward in the tights again

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Random thoughts:
    -- Hey, dudes - Supergirl and Batwoman weren't getting anyone to front 400 million dollar movies made about them. They're the leads of their own shows, geez let them have their spotlight in this alternate universe on tv. This isn't the comics where they really can use Batman and the Supermen they have aren't the leads of the shows. Next season when Superman has his show I'm sure he'll be as awesome as you need him to be. Your world will continue.
    Thank you!

-- I had been saying that I thought they had Cisco gave up his powers because when they were planning Crisis, it would have been too easy for the heroes to have his breaching powers on their side. I admit to being totally wrong on that one.
    Especially since anyone can open a breach now with an extrapolator.

-- I know a lot of people were disappointed, but there's something nice about Welling just playing Clark Kent - that was the role he played for ten years, not Superman and it was fitting that that's how we saw him.
    -- Similarly, it was amazing that JWS 90's Flash got to actually have a hero's ending the way his show never let him. That flashback clip was awesome, though it's too bad they didn't include one of him also in costume.

I thought it was a fitting ending for both of those characters. Clark got to have a normal life, and Barry went out a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they mentioned we'd see Earth-1 Laurel in this...maybe Earth-2 Laurel becomes Earth-1 Laurel after the Earths merge.
    Guggenheim has said that it would be Earth-1 Laurel in the Crisis, but Earth-2 Laurel in the spin-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I guess it's to be expected, but I hate it whenever people allege that this is from a source that came after COIE (1986) like the Shadow Demons are just Dementors or the elimination of every single universe and all life in the Multiverse is like INFINITY WAR. Does DC get no credit for creating all this stuff? Makes me mad sometimes.

Aside from Audrey Marie Anderson as Harbinger, Bitsie Tulloch is the actor punching above her weight in this crossover. She hadn't had many scenes as Lois before this and yet she's having these deep emotional scenes and completely inhabiting the role of Lois Lane. Her contribution makes me think that a Superman Family show could work, although I'm not completely sold on the idea.
    I get what you are saying, but the design of those Shadow Demons looked just like Dementors. That being said, I'm not sure they could have pulled off their original look on TV.

I agree about Bitsie. Honestly, I think she's be best Lois Lane since Margot Kidder (maybe Terri Hatcher; I don't have any real clear memories of that series).

One thing I didn't really like- Oliver being called to be the Specter felt rushed. Corrigan appears and says- 'It's your time now' and that's it?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    One thing I didn't really like- Oliver being called to be the Specter felt rushed. Corrigan appears and says- 'It's your time now' and that's it?
    Yeah, it was kind of funny how abrupt that all was .

There is a bit of symmetry to it though, for comics readers. Hal-Spectre brought back Ollie, an idealized version of him, minus his soul. This time someone else brings him back (his body), but in trying to get his soul he's intercepted by a Spectre to become a Spectre. Spectre at the beginning (comics), Spectre at the end (show).

Plus going forward I can see Ollie playing a role similar to the Monitor's in future crossovers.

Retired

Unlike Hal becoming Spectre in the comics, I think Ollie is a nice fit for the Spectre. He wears a green hood (they made him look Spectre-ish this season) and he's an ordinary guy, not exactly a cop but still a hero without super powers, who got killed and now has to come back to life for a higher purpose.

Plus...who better to embody an entity that represents God's wrath or righteous vengeance?

I wonder if God told Corrigan to pass the Spectre onto Oliver.

Yeah, it was kind of funny how abrupt that all was .
    Honestly, I think all these cameos are hurting the flow a bit.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    The Monitor had a really brilliant plan to find the paragon of hope, no wonder the Anti Monitor is winning.
    Well, the Monitor said his power was waning, maybe the Anti-Monitor is messing with his mind.

The Legends are so done with crossovers that they have to recruit an AU version of Mick and the Waverider to get involved. Like, jeez, was Earth-X that bad (aside from scheduling)? Although I'd have to think the rest of the team will at least pop up for the final battle. I'm glad Constantine finally got to be in a crossover though.

Mick combating with a Waverider AI based off Captain Cold is too entertaining for words. Snart only has, like, 3-4 lines in the episode but he's already getting to Gideon-levels of entertaining.
    My Mom and I loved AI Leonard and other world Mick as well, but My Mom was disappointed that Leonard wasn't shown.

I was disappointed that we didn't see Barry meeting Constantine; I wanted to see Barry's reaction when he finds out magic is real.

I don't think The Monitor has ever had his monologue interrupted by a baby before. Jon getting along with Mick could be pretty hilarious to see followed up on once he's older.
    Someone here did predict Mick would be babysitting Jonathan. Whoever you are, you are a prophet! A better prophet than the Monitor as well!

I enjoyed Ray's expressions as Mick was reading to the baby.

I love how the minute they leave Lex Luthor alone for five minutes he goes on a multiverse murder spree of Supermen with the Book of Destiny. And that he was convinced Welling's Clark was the only Clark that was also Superman

I'm disappointed we didn't get to see Lois and Iris trade reporting experiences. Would've better justified having Iris around.
    I was a little confused. Lex Luther could figure out Kara was Supergirl, but not Clark was Superman? However, I did enjoy Lex's curtsy at the end.

I agree. I wonder why Lois and Iris didn't beat up Lex earlier.

The CGI on the Supermen fight could've been better. Looked kind of like a playstation game. I did love how Routh's Superman had red Heat Vision though.
    Maybe it was an homage to Playsation Superhero games.

Conroy's Batman is Kingdom Come mixed with Dark Knight Returns with literally no inhibitions to the point where he became everything Batman isn't. It's rare to see Conroy voice an evil version of Batman, so that was pretty trippy.

I liked seeing the proper Batcave under the Manor. I dunno, they kinda built a set for it, so I wonder if we'll see the Earth-1 version?

So, uh...Ruby Rose killed Kevin Conroy...?
    I was looking forward to see Kevin Conroy as 'mentor Batman,' not 'no inhibitions Batman' . . . unless Kara and Kate accidentally went into the Dark Multiverse and to Earth -99 . . . however, I should have know something was wrong since that Bruce didn't have a dog.

I wish we could've gotten the real Jonah Hex and not a sexist desperado version from another Earth.
    Me too. Maybe it's the Dark Multiverse Earth -18 version of Jonah Hex.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I do wonder...if Christopher Reeve and Adam West were both still alive and well today, would they have reprised their famous roles for COIE?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    That's a good question:

Hmm . . . Adam West could be Kate's grandfather from another Earth, and Chistopher Reeve could a Superman from a Kamandi Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Holy crap on a cracker- way to go out on a roll. I’m going to enjoy seeing cryer acting against the big seven. Other thoughts;
    1) I hope Ryan Choi grows a pair before this is all over.
    2) did Tom cavanaugh do the whispering thing on purpose? Because he’s managed to annoy me yet again. What is he- 5 for 5 now?
    3) I wonder if Cisco will still be vibe when all this is over? I don’t trust that he’s sticking around.

4) nice scenes with Jefferson/ Barry, and Kate/Kara. Still, that whole tantrum of kara’s didn’t sit well with me.
    5) the Oliver side quest left me cold, but I liked seeing Constantine and Lucifer. Jim corrigan wasn’t what I expected either.
    6) was that Dina Meyer talking to Ashley Scott?
    2. You're not the only one. My Mom is very annoyed that Wells stays and keeps asking why he remains on the show . . . does anyone have an answer to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Where is psycho pirate? Wasn't he in the Elseworlds crossover to build up his role for this?
    Yeah, I wondering why he hasn't shown up yet. He could have appeared on Batwoman as well.

Lucifer!!! I had a feeling Tom Ellis was just trying to cover their tracks when his cameo leaked. Man, it was nice to finally get to see him and Constantine on-screen together. What a satisfying moment for Vertigo fans .
    I loved it. Apologies to sound stupid, but what did Lucifer mean by 'Maz' and that Diggle reminded him of his brother?

It's awesome to finally see Black Lightning incorporated into the Arrowverse proper, I only wish it were under better circumstances after his family got consumed by Anti-Matter. But seeing him with all the other heroes, finding out Superman is real, and bonding with Barry over their fathers, dead families, and their archenemies ruining their lives was great. I hope this isn't the last time we see Jefferson like this .
    Me too. Did they ever say what Earth Black Lightning is from?

I wonder what would happen if Lex Luthor and Tobias Whale met . . .

Now it's up to the Justice Lea...I mean, the Seven Paragons, to stop the Anti-Monitor.

So wait...if Lex wrote himself into the Paragons...what happened to Routh's Superman? Is he dead? They wouldn't take him out like that, would they?
    Lex Luthor is going to get into trouble. He shouldn't have vandalized the Book of Destiny . . .

Endless: Who dares desecrate the Book of Destiny?!

Heroes (pointing at Lex): He did.

Black Lightning should have been a Paragon. He would be the Paragon of . . . of . . . Coolness.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    As long as we get Burt Ward in the tights again .
    Plus the return of Ace the Bat Hound!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Honestly, I think all these cameos are hurting the flow a bit.
    You must be Wet Blanket Man from Earth 556.5

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I loved it. Apologies to sound stupid, but what did Lucifer mean by 'Maz' and that Diggle reminded him of his brother?
    "Maze" or "Mazikeen" is Lucifer's demon friend. Constantine must have helped her out in some way in the past. Lucifer's brother Amenadiel is on the show and is played by D. B. Woodside

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Awesome interaction - so perfect! I need to see this happen again! It's crazy though - both from Vertigo books, both had their Network shows intially cancelled, then the characters went on the another network.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Cisco absolutely *hates* the name "Anti-Monitor." He thinks it's the stupidest name ever!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I was disappointed that we didn't see Barry meeting Constantine; I wanted to see Barry's reaction when he finds out magic is real.
    With his apparent impending death, I don't think his reaction would have been much at this time. Maybe after the Crisis he can remark on it, though.

I was a little confused. Lex Luther could figure out Kara was Supergirl, but not Clark was Superman? However, I did enjoy Lex's curtsy at the end.
    That's the joke- Lex always has a blind spot when it comes to Clark.

I agree. I wonder why Lois and Iris didn't beat up Lex earlier.
    I wondered the same thing, but then I realized that he was standing a ways behind them with the book. If they moved to try and attack them, he could have wiped them from existence or teleported them to another Earth. He needed to be distracted before they could move on him.

2. You're not the only one. My Mom is very annoyed that Wells stays and keeps asking why he remains on the show . . . does anyone have an answer to share?
    When the producers find an actor they like, they do what they can to keep them around. See Damian Darhk or even Legends of Tomorrow.

Black Lightning should have been a Paragon. He would be the Paragon of . . . of . . . Coolness.
    Paragon of Soul.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 12-11-2019 at 03:43 PM.