Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    hmmm...what's worse...

Palacki Wonder Woman or failed Justice League?
    Both actually. The Wonder Woman is fairly good. I pretty much seen all the unaired pilots Batgirl, Adventures of Superboy, Adventures of Superpup, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, Mercy Reef, Smallville first pilot, Birds of Prey first pilot, Wonder Woman, Justice League ect.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 12-12-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    My point was, how many people would know who those people were?
    2 to 4 at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    In my mind, that’s all Earth-66 and that Huntress is Adam West and Julie Newmarr’s daughter or maybe the Lewis Wilson Batman’s daughter who hopped over.
    You make a good point as Legends of the Superheroes is Earth-66 but it seemed Huntress was a little old to be their child and there was no interaction with Adam West's Batman.

I remember way back in the early seasons of Arrow, they said Clock King had something called McGregor's syndrome. Which was a reference to Batman and Robin, that's what they called the disease that was killing Nora Fries. I was a bit perplexed why they would have an easter egg referencing a heavily criticized movie. But it's become clear that the guys working for the CW clearly have a big reverence for all things dc, good or bad. I don't know if they could have pulled something like this off if they didn't.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Man, I wish these shows were this much fun on a regular basis. I know that such a thing is pretty much impossible but all of the Arrowverse series really do just show their best side in these crossovers and I wish it would carry on more consistently to the rest of the season. Crisis has just been a total blast and is shaping up to be my easy favourite crossover to date. Plus, I didn't realize just how much I need a Supergirl/ Batwoman series. The two characters and actresses are just fantastic together.

Here's my big takeaway, though: would somebody please give Brandon Routh's Superman his own movie, show or at least regular role in one of these other shows. I've long held that however much I liked him in Superman Returns, he hadn't quite grown into the role yet, and if given another chance he would just knock it out of the park. He hasn't just matched my expectations in these couple of episodes, he has flown right past them. He really fills out that suit now and he has just been so damn good on every level. I really like Hoechlin in the role but, damn, Routh just totally overshadows him. I swear, they're leaving money on the table if they don't do more with him. Let Cavill be the Witcher, this is my Superman.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Retired

The way that the crossovers are put together isn't ideal and they make it a lot harder on the cast and crew than any shoot ought to be. Yet, they somehow get it done, despite all the scheduling hurdles. Just think if they didn't have to deal with all these problems and they could shut down production of all the other shows for a few weeks, just to shoot the crossover. Imagine the kind of crossover they could have then.

But if you wonder why there seem to be some stretched out parts and an uneven pace or why all these actors aren't appearing in a particular episode, it's because of that. They were literally putting this together while in the process of shooting all the regular shows.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Enjoyed all three parts.
    Loving all the musical cues.
    And lots of FUN cameos.

Everybody has their wish list on who they wanted to see cameo.
    I said this before either here or on another MSG Board, Christopher Chance: The Human Target.
    Rick Springfield, Mark Valley, and Wil Traval has all played the character. Disappointing they were unable to get one of those actors to appear.
    But there is still parts 4 and 5. Make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I said this before either here or on another MSG Board, Christopher Chance: The Human Target.
    Rick Springfield, Mark Valley, and Wil Traval has all played the character. Disappointing they were unable to get one of those actors to appear.
    But there is still parts 4 and 5. Make it happen.
    Well, considering his skillset, how do you know we haven't seen him yet?

My fantasy cameo wishlist at this point:
    - The Legion of Superheroes (even a CG flyby of the team would be awesome)
    - Lynda Carter as Diana Prince
    - someone from "Watchmen"
    - Someone from "Gotham" (has Mazouz hit a growth spurt? I'll take him as Batman Beyond too)

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Oliver as the Spectre is a pretty cool twist. Wonder if that's inspired by Hal Jordan's time in the role?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Oliver as the Spectre is a pretty cool twist. Wonder if that's inspired by Hal Jordan's time in the role?
    The whole “going to Limbo, new Spectre” thing strikes me as a nod to the Day of Judgment crossover and Kevin Smith’s Quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    The whole “going to Limbo, new Spectre” thing strikes me as a nod to the Day of Judgment crossover and Kevin Smith’s Quiver.
    Oh, definitely, "Quiver" too! I was almost kind of surprised Kevin Smith didn't mention that on the Aftermath special, but then, I think he's much more excited to be there as a fan than to discuss any of his work.

I do wonder if Jim Corrigan will factor into the Arrowverse's future. It was weird that he was there for like thirty seconds just to pass the mantle! But I'm pretty sure Oliver will be un-bonded with the Spectre before all is said and done and live out the rest of his existence in a pocket universe with Felicity.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Oh, definitely, "Quiver" too! I was almost kind of surprised Kevin Smith didn't mention that on the Aftermath special, but then, I think he's much more excited to be there as a fan than to discuss any of his work.

I do wonder if Jim Corrigan will factor into the Arrowverse's future. It was weird that he was there for like thirty seconds just to pass the mantle! But I'm pretty sure Oliver will be un-bonded with the Spectre before all is said and done and live out the rest of his existence in a pocket universe with Felicity.
    Who doesn't like a convenient deus ex machina who can pop in from time to time?

Retired

If Felicity was around in 2040 and spent all those years raising Mia she can't enter the Paradise dimension until that's all done. So Oliver would have to wait around as the Spectre for twenty years before he could give up the hood and have his Paradise Olicity afterlife.

I think this is a backdoor for them to bring back Stephen Amell whenever he's available for a crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Who doesn't like a convenient deus ex machina who can pop in from time to time?
    I'm a huge fan of the Spectre and would love to see him used frequently...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If Felicity was around in 2040 and spent all those years raising Mia she can't enter the Paradise dimension until that's all done. So Oliver would have to wait around as the Spectre for twenty years before he could give up the hood and have his Paradise Olicity afterlife.

I think this is a backdoor for them to bring back Stephen Amell whenever he's available for a crossover.
    Maybe so. I certainly have no objections to that.

But I think the epilogue ARROW ep will deal with wherever Monitor took Felicity...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    2 to 4 at best.
    I think a lot of people have seen the Justice League (and WW) pilots. Both of them have been pretty big sellers at comic book conventions for years. Plus Youtube, pirated movies, etc.