Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I thought they were showing what had gone before and now there is only Earth Prime. But maybe you're right.
    Well since these "Earths" all have DC based shows in current production, then yeah, The Multiverse is back. It means Earth 66 Dick Grayson keeps walking Bathound, and Earth 89 Tim Burtonverse still exists (Hoping they do Batman Beyond with Michael Keaton as Old Bats)

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Well since these "Earths" all have DC based shows in current production, then yeah, The Multiverse is back. It means Earth 66 Dick Grayson keeps walking Bathound, and Earth 89 Tim Burtonverse still exists (Hoping they do Batman Beyond with Michael Keaton as Old Bats)
    I don't imagine JWS Earth 85 Flash is back because sacrifices have to mean something.

BANNED

Earth Prime feels closer to pre Crisis Earth 1 of the comics. Sans no Wonderwoman or Gl or Aquaman of course.

I guess changes to the multiverse probably changed the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Earth Prime feels closer to pre Crisis Earth 1 of the comics. Sans no Wonderwoman or Gl or Aquaman of course.

I guess changes to the multiverse probably changed the DCEU.
    Too bad we didn't see Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Batman from the Nolanverse

That. Was. Awesome! So much to love!
    Loved the music. Need a soundtrack.i loved Sarah taking the role of leader. I also loved her talk with Barry. Need more of that. Ryan Choi also did a quick turnaround, from ‘what am I doing here” to ‘I’m in my element.’ The final battle was great; I was afraid that ray was going to make a sacrifice play, but I guess he’s not going to go out like that. I also liked black lightning, mick and killer frost working together, but I wish they had been on the main team. And what happened to Cisco?
    The first part dragged a bit for me- all the heroes getting separated in the timestream, and visiting other moments-what was the point of that? The only part that made sense was supergirl vs. lex. Oliver dying twice also seemed redundant, in fact, I’m not sure his journey was worth it. Superman seemed superfluous at the end, but I’m glad he’s on the new team. And what’s this about twins? The flash cameo was unexpected. I guess gleek is the new beebo.
    I wonder how or if, they’re going to top this next year.
    Last edited by protege; 01-14-2020 at 09:21 PM.

BANNED

I guess the JSA that was on Earth1 is whiped out.
    Last edited by Mr.B; 01-14-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Okay, here's a list of the biggest effects/changes as a result of Crisis.

spoilers:

Oliver Queen is dead, having sacrificed himself to create the new Earth Prime.

Almost all of the CW's heroes are now living on the same Earth. Flash, Supergirl, Team Arrow, the Legends, and Black Lightning and company to be precise.

Stargirl apparently lives on Earth 2 with the JSA.

The 'Flash vanishes in Crisis' is no longer hanging over Barry's head (as it has ever since season one of the Flash), meaning just about anything's possible. His future daughter Nora could potentially return.

All the locations from Supergirl are there on the new Earth (National City, Catco, the DEO, Argo, and so forth).

Lex Luthor has won the Nobel Prize and is thought of as a great benefactor. This is something I didn't think would stick to the end of the episode, as I thought it was a result of him messing around or something.

An old STAR city warehouse not only now houses a memorial to Oliver Queen, but has become a meeting place/HQ for the heroes of the new Earth (which is now called Earth Prime). It's also the Hall of Justice.

And just in case that wasn't enough of a Super Friends reference, Earth Prime clearly has its counterpart of Gleek.
    end of spoilers

Okay, did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Loved the music. Need a soundtrack.i loved Sarah taking the role of leader. I also loved her talk with Barry. Need more of that. Ryan Choi also did a quick turnaround, from ‘what am I doing here” to ‘I’m in my element.’ The final battle was great; I was afraid that ray was going to make a sacrifice play, but I guess he’s not going to go out like that. I also liked black lightning, mick and killer frost working together, but I wish they had been on the main team. And what happened to Cisco?
    The first part dragged a bit for me- all the heroes getting separated in the timestream, and visiting other moments-what was the point of that? The only part that made sense was supergirl vs. lex. Oliver dying twice also seemed redundant, in fact, I’m not sure his journey was worth it. Superman seemed superfluous at the end, but I’m glad he’s on the new team. And what’s this about twins? The flash cameo was unexpected.
    I think they've already announced that next year's crossover (if there is one) will be somewhat smaller scale, as this one will indeed be a tough one to follow.

BANNED

Diggle has his daughter back along with his son. I think there's two kids for Superman and Lois. Luthor owns the deo.

Live thoughts:

On the planet Maltus, did they repurpose the Atlantis model from Stargate: Atlantis?

Like how The Monitor complained about his suit. Also, he looks weird without the muttonschops.

So The Monitor is kind of like Krona here, and kind of like the Pariah of the comics.

Kara is done with Lex

So Oliver got a pimpin new robe and some sweet reverb on his voice.

Run, Barry. Run!

Two Flashes! I do wondering if they even filmed together.

Lex being Lex. I really do love Cryer.

They couldn't find a wig for Melissa for the flashback?

I liked the conversation between Oliver and Barry. It really is sad that we won't get those scenes anymore.

I really thought Laurel would have a bigger role in this.

So wait, now it was Diggle's idea for Laurel to become the Canary?

I love Ryan's commitment when he wades into the Shadow Demons

"You have failed this universe!"

While it makes sense for Barry and Sara to be with Oliver when he died, I expected Kara to be there as well.

Oh, Lex. What have you done now?

Alex and Nia gushing over Lex was slightly disturbing.

Is it too much to hope that Kelly has been erased?

I guess this means that Kara and Lena's relationship has been reset. I do wonder if the changes Lex made will stick, though.

Marv Wolfman cameo!

Finally, Earth's 1 and 38 have merged.

And Oliver's still dead. I really thought they'd keep him as the Specter, so that he could make occasional cameos.

Beebo!

Mick, proving once again why he's my favorite Legend.

And Ray is now my second.

Was that Taika Watiti?

Got to admit- I was kinda hoping that Nash would merge with Harry. He's still my favorite Wells.

I'm liking Ryan Choi. Anyone know if he's going to be part of any of the shows going forward?

They aren't even trying with J'onn anymore, are they?

Welcome back Black Lightning!

For Frodo!

The Anti Monitor still looks like an albino Freddy Krueger. I am glad they supersized him, though.

Sad to say- the team of heroes charging the Shadow Demons was a bit underwhelming. Feels like they got more heroes together to fight the Nazis. Guess we finally saw the limits of a TV budget and shooting schedule.

Seriously, where the heck was Laurel? And the rest of the Legends?

Baby Sara is back!

Superman has two kids now?!

I like that Kate was hanging with Kara and Alex.

Crisis now featured the last appearance on TV of Swamp Thing.

Brandon got the Donner shot of Superman flying in space, with a newer, brighter costume.

Wow, they really are going to go for STRIPE on Stargirl.

GREEN LANTERNS?!

The League has formed.

Gleek

Here's my rant- I'll need to see how it is handled going forward, but I hate the fact that Lex is in charge of the DEO. And I hate it because, once again, Alex is kicked to the curb. Seriously, J'onn ran the DEO for four years of the show, plus all of the time before the show started, and he was only removed once- and even then he was quickly restored. Alex, mean while, was the director for a few months before Haley was sent to 'oversee', which actually translated into 'Haley took charge and Alex was a grunt again.' And now they seem to be doing the same thing again. For a show that's all about female empowerment, they really keep screwing over Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Looked like the movie sets but i would say its the HBO Max series.
    No, that was from the movie. I could never forget something so horrible

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I think they've already announced that next year's crossover (if there is one) will be somewhat smaller scale, as this one will indeed be a tough one to follow.
    It makes sense to follow something like COIE with something like LEGENDS, and maybe they could even introduce Darkseid that way.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

They can reuse elements of the movie sans the plot for the new tv GL show.

They resetted Lena.
    Last edited by Mr.B; 01-14-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Retired

It's been an emotionally draining day. I re-read the original comic book CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, then I re-watched the first three parts of the CW crossover and then the finale.

Y'know, in the book, there really is a lot of hope from Supergirl. She talks about hope as she goes to her death and the other characters say that she gave them hope. The hope thing isn't just something that arrived with Melissa Benoist's portrayal. The Supergirl death in the comic was really gut-wrenching and then Barry in the next issue.

In the comic, Anti-Monitor is kind of the hero. He's the guy that does the work for Marv Wolfman in destroying the Multiverse, which is what DC wanted--so Victory for them. And you really got to admire the guy, because he's down for the count like eight or nine times, but he just keeps coming back. You think, okay now he's done, but no, he comes back. The heroes really had their work cut out for them in defeating old Anti.

The book has an unsatisfying ending, because the world that the heroes are in is not the world that would actually become New Earth. So maybe, they really were in a kind of limbo universe.

The third part of the CW crossover was most impactful for me. And this time I was more focused on JWS--when he says he's been running for 30 years, that got me in the feels. Yes man you have been running that long.

I'm glad that I didn't watch any of the stuff on youtube that would have spoiled the finale for me. I was genuinely surprised by a lot of things. Sara and Barry carried a lot of the scenes--it's about them and their feeling for Oliver.

The way I see it, the other Earths named were meta references to things we will probably never see integrated with these shows on the CW. So I see those as existing in a metaverse, while these CW shows exist in their own Arrowverse. And I doubt and hope that there will be no crossing over between those two things.

But then what's to be done with Tom Cavanagh--I don't find Nash to be the most interesting Wells. But if all the others don't exist anymore, then what can they do with Cavanagh? Which also reminds me that Eobard never showed up in COIE, even though we were led to believe he would.

There's also the problem of Black Siren--how can she exist?

So Barry really did create the Justice League on his world. But if they can't be called that, are they the Super Friends or the All-Star Squadron?

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post

I still can't believe that they could get Ezra for a cameo, but they couldn't secure the rights to Michael Keaton's likness to show that paper Mark showed on Twitter months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    The first part dragged a bit for me- all the heroes getting separated in the timestream, and visiting other moments-what was the point of that? The only part that made sense was supergirl vs. lex. Oliver dying twice also seemed redundant, in fact, I’m not sure his journey was worth it. Superman seemed superfluous at the end, but I’m glad he’s on the new team. And what’s this about twins? The flash cameo was unexpected. I guess gleek is the new beebo.
    What happened to Cisco? The budget.

I agree with the first part dragging. Honestly, it felt like I was watching someone play a videogame. It was clumsy, to say the least.