Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1209
    Retired

Since all the universes were rebooted, the continuity doesn't need to be the same as before for any of the Earths. As we see with the Brandon Routh Superman--apparently Kingdom Come didn't happen, because he has different colours on his chest emblem.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    The Laruel question I don't know. That's confusing in itself, since Sara was acting like she had no one left for her in this world, which would imply Laurel is dead but, E2 Laurel is still around, so who knows.

Also, There isn't a Wallance West in this universe, it's always been Wally West, just like Iris is Iris and Joe is Joe. He's actually showing up in an upcoming episode.
    That's probably something they'll address in the new Arrowverse spin-off 'Green Arrow and the Canaries' since Laurel (a Laurel) is one of the main characters.

Retired

Reading the comic and watching the TV version back-to-back, it is jarring how few super-heroes there are on the CW version--and hardly any super-villains except Lex Luthor. Of course, the CW doesn't have as many characters as the comics--but no Reverse Flash, Black Siren, Kid Flash, Ragman. On the other hand, there's a lot of needless padding of the story in the comic--it just goes on and on with superfluous stuff that doesn't matter to the end result. And I was left wondering what the Anti-Monitor's goal was, since he sacrificed all life in the anti-matter universe as well as in the pro-matter multiverse--he would have ended up all on his lonesome with no one to talk to--some psychology would have helped, maybe he was a nihilist, but Wolfman never got into that.

Well the end fight could've been better.
    But that ending.....and the fact that BL and Supergirl are now on Earth-1.....man I am SO hyped for the future of the Arrowverse

So did the reboot separate the Titans and Doom Patrol or since there was different Chief actors the Titans Doom Patrol and show Doom Patrol were always different versions?

Spectacular Member

I know that the budget for all the shows will probably not allow this level of crossover probably ever again, but having nearly all the CW characters on Earth-Prime does make me wonder if the showrunners could do single episode team-ups of the League members and others in the Arrowverse. Kinda stand alone "Brave and the Bold" episodes
    Like for instance:
    Superman and Black Lightning--Superman learning of the conditions and corruption in Freeland and tries to stop it, but finds there are some things even a Superman can't handle alone
    White Canary and Batwoman--Girls night out in Gotham
    Killer Frost and Supergirl---Katlin in a conference in National City on cryogenic tech when the conference is attacked by supervillains
    Etc.

As an aside--did the subplot with Lex trying to talk the Monitor into his universal takeover plan really serve any purpose to the plot other than to highlight his general level of evilness?

I'd be surprised if the Green Lantern show is far enough along to influence anything, but I thought it was interesting how the beginning of the universe was all green energy...

Retired

I believe the reason for bringing all the shows onto the same Earth is just so they can do more low level crossovers. And I was getting pretty tired of all the breaching to other Earths at the drop of a hat--I think that kind of thing should be very rare.

Sargon being a bandit might seem odd to some, but I'll allow it, because there was a time when he was a rogue in the comics--in the pages of THE FLASH, in fact--before he reformed and helped out the JLA against Starbreaker. And this is on an Earth where everyone thinks Lex is a good guy.

I haven't watched much of SG1; I wouldn't know where to begin (it was one of my brother's favourite shows). If Maltus was a meta reference to that show, it makes sense as an Easter egg. The new POTUS on Earth Prime is an actress who was on SG1 and lots of other Vancouver shows, so she's easily available (unlike someone like Lynda Carter). I do wonder how the politics will fit with BLACK LIGHTNING.

I know that a lot of critics take shots at these shows for their cheap effects and sets. But I always adjust my reaction to what show I'm watching. This is something they had to piece together while they were shooting other shows. And given all the limitations of time and money, I can't quarrel with the result. The producers actually did a lot with what they had--much more than I could have expected, really.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I imagine the whole "Lex is seen as a good guy now" thing is a reference to the post-Crisis universe in the comics. I didn't know the the Doom Patrol show was on a different Earth than Titans. I've only seen Titans. but if they have a different actor for the Chief, it makes sense. I'm just glad everyone's on the same Earth now and all the previous universes got restored. I'd love to see more Batwoman/Supergirl team ups. I guess this means that Batman has been missing now for a while but since they never really established what his status was on Earth 38 I guess it doesn't matter. The big question is, will everyone remember their pre-Crisis histories? Most of the main characters were at the dawn of time when the reboot happened. I get now why Superman wasn't one of the "paragons". It makes it easier to establish him with two sons. My only disappointment was not seeing Welling again.
    Assassinate Putin!

Is there a list of the Earths in the last scenes and who was in them?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Having a bit of trouble figuring out how Oliver 'died' as the Spectre. He's coughing like he's human, but isn't he now a ghost/embodiment of God's wrath? Since we already got a death scene I think it might have made more sense for him to 'phase out' ala Obi-Wan Kenobi. Oh, well.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I'm excited to see all the various ways the post-Crisis Earth-Prime has changed and I hope those changes will be spread out across multiple episodes.

Fully expect Jay Garrick to team up with Barry and Wally. Wondering if Barry's parents might not have died now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Here you go:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Stargirl was with the Justice Society

Earth-Prime - CW Shows
    Earth-2 - Stargirl
    Earth-9 - Titans
    Earth-12 - Green Lantern
    Earth-19 - Swamp Thing
    Earth-21 - Doom Patrol
    Earth-96 - Superman
    Earth-DCEU - Flash

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not all of them, but...

Earth Prime: Arrow-verse.

Earth 2: Stargirl Earth

Earth 9: Titans Earth

Earth 12: Green Lantern Earth

Earth 19: Swamp Thing Earth

Earth 66: Batman TV show Earth

Earth 89: first Batman movie Earth

Earth 90: first Flash show Earth

Earth 96: Routh Superman Earth

Earth 164: Smallville Earth.

Earth 203: BOP Earth

Earth 666: Lucifer Earth
    Assassinate Putin!

SuperBoyPrimePrimeTime

Earth-PRIME....Hmm, I wonder WHO is already on this Earth and WHEN they’ll show up? Could it be another CRISIS of INFINITE proportions? With Stargirl being a passion project for him and also appearing on CW, I don’t have much doubt that Geoff Johns will somehow be involved for the introduction of the Super-Boy Prime and some version of an Infinite Crisis crossover. It’s going to hilarious and crazy to see. Prime-Time baby...he’s coming eventually!

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...rboy-prime.png

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...0-sprimepr.png

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads..._a_kind002.jpg