Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1209

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There have been good seasons of Arrow past season 2.

As much as there are seasons where his supporting cast treats him like dirt there have been just as much that emphasize how important he is and how much he has helped people, and that's usually been at full display in the crossovers.
    For me, it's probably been the worst DC superhero show since Gotham went off the air. And while the other shows haven't been great by any stretch of the word, other than maybe Black Lightning before season 3, at least there is some form of entertainment there. Arrow has just been obnoxiously dull with unlikeable characters and terrible villains.

Incredible Member

Just watched the last two episodes and imo it was okay not spectacular but not bad either. I may have higher expectations of COIE because I love the animated film version and the comic book version. But I do think that the event did a good job of defragmenting the shows especially since 2 of the shows started off (or were supposed to) on different networks. Additionally, I think they have set themselves up for a better future without arrow at the center.

The biggest problem that the arrowverse has is the cast and them not staying around. I couldn't be the only one thinking the whole paradigm thing was stupid right? And the fact that normal humans fought the parademons is highly questionable.

The funniest thing is even though I have my complaints about some of the story aspects its funny enough that the time travel aspect wasn't one and it made more sense than the time travel parts in Endgame. Not a DC vs Marvel debate but just comparing time travel plots from two similar properties.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 01-18-2020 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    ...I may have higher expectations of COIE because I love the animated film version and the comic book version...
    Wait, there was an animated "Crisis on Infinite Earths?"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Wait, there was an animated "Crisis on Infinite Earths?"
    Name is actually Crisis on Two Earths:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just..._on_Two_Earths

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Also, the final battle in Perez Square was a nice nod to George Perez.
    To be perfectly correct it was "Perez Landing" and the battle against Anti M moved there from the battle at "Gardner Pier." That's pretty fitting, since this was a quasi-Justice League fight and Gardner Fox created the Justice League (also the Justice Society--and John Broome named both Gardner Grayle and Guy Gardner after his DC comrade).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    For me, it's probably been the worst DC superhero show since Gotham went off the air. And while the other shows haven't been great by any stretch of the word, other than maybe Black Lightning before season 3, at least there is some form of entertainment there. Arrow has just been obnoxiously dull with unlikeable characters and terrible villains.
    You're certainly entitled to your own a opinion. Though it's a bit funny, looking at the MCU for comparison. Since Iron Man arguably hadn't had a good movie since 1, but the character was still loved by everyone. I'd say like RDJ in the movies, Stephen Amell was the best part about his show. Though writing certainly in certainly hasn't been in his favour for some seasons, he's still made the character enjoyable, especially in the Crossovers. Not to mention Arrow has had some good villains like Damian Dahrk and Prometheus, the former wasn't as well utilized as the latter, but still certainly entertaining

And at the end of the day there has to be some respect regarding Arrow, even if it's had it's lows, if it wasn't a success first of all, none of the other CW shows you find "entertaining" would even exist right now for you to watch. So I'm glad it got it's Due in Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    You're certainly entitled to your own a opinion. Though it's a bit funny, looking at the MCU for comparison. Since Iron Man arguably hadn't had a good movie since 1, but the character was still loved by everyone. I'd say like RDJ in the movies, Stephen Amell was the best part about his show. Though writing certainly in certainly hasn't been in his favour for some seasons, he's still made the character enjoyable, especially in the Crossovers. Not to mention Arrow has had some good villains like Damian Dahrk and Prometheus, the former wasn't as well utilized as the latter, but still certainly entertaining

And at the end of the day there has to be some respect regarding Arrow, even if it's had it's lows, if it wasn't a success first of all, none of the other CW shows you find "entertaining" would even exist right now for you to watch. So I'm glad it got it's Due in Crisis.
    There's getting it's due and then there's what Oliver and by extension, the show, got in this crossover, which was way too over the top and certainly didn't do the rest of the cast any favors. It just came off, I can't say disingenuous but very try hard in placating Amell I guess? I don't know.

There's getting it's due and then there's what Oliver and by extension, the show, got in this crossover, which was way too over the top and certainly didn't do the rest of the cast any favors. It just came off, I can't say disingenuous but very try hard in placating Amell I guess? I don't know.
    It's a send off, since Amell the guy who started this entire universe is leaving. I don't see how them showing respect to the parent show of this universe a bad thing.

So I'm guessing you also felt that Tony Stark's funeral in Endgame was too over the top?

None of the other shows would exist if Arrow hadn't been a success. And most of those heroes were directly or indirectly influenced in some ways by Oliver Queen. And he died restarting the universe, saving trillions of lives. I'd say he earned his sendoff.

I mean, I saw some Arrow fans who felt the first half of Crisis wasn't giving Oliver and Arrow it's due when this will be their last crossover, so I don't think it's all that bad that they put some major focus on those aspects.

I still think they could've given Laurel (and Dinah) more to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I saw some Arrow fans who felt the first half of Crisis wasn't giving Oliver and Arrow it's due when this will be their last crossover, so I don't think it's all that bad that they put some major focus on those aspects.

I still think they could've given Laurel (and Dinah) more to do though.
    Agreed wholeheartedly. I know Dinah no longer has her Cry, but if Ryan 'freakin' Choi could wade into the Shadow Demons and survive, Dinah should have had no problem. Sadly, it all came down to money apparently. They just couldn't afford to have Laurel in the fifth hour, and with no Felicity, Dinah made sense to be running coms.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    As usual for the crossovers, their primary function will be to ensure there is as little screen time or significant contribution to the plot as possible from Supergirl.
    Called it. More or less.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Finally got around seeing the rest of it. Kind of thankful they made Lex squatting Supes body like hes his brothers beachhouse as a cliffhanger; took all the looking forward steam out for me and so I was better able to enjoy the holidays

Besides that the final episodes where great. Had to pause and made weird nerdy noises I'm not used to make when Arrowverse and DCEU Flash met

Also loved that they kind of merged the earths but not all of them and still have a multiverse. Will be interesting to see how the individual shows will be going on from there on.

Finally I don't think Ollie is out yet. As GA most likely; but I could imagine him popping up here and there as Spectre.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 01-19-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    As usual for the crossovers, their primary function will be to ensure there is as little screen time or significant contribution to the plot as possible from Supergirl.
    While Supergirl (and Superman) weren't allowed to be as super as they are in terms of plot or powers, I think Kara's presence was one of the most important in the crossover. She felt central throughout, regardless of which show it was, and she played off really well against Lex and with Kate. (as well as her buddy Flash and to a lesser degree Ollie) I'm glad J'onn had a sizeable role this time.

Parts 1-3, fantastic television. Very much enjoyed the storyline, the dynamics, etc.

Parts 4 & 5 were almost completely unwatchable and cringe worthy. This is just my opinion, if you enjoyed it, I am very glad you did.
    About the only part I enjoyed in the last two episodes was the Stargirl teaser.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!