Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Are we talking about the same storyline thats used up 12 issues and a short story? Add Action and it becomes 17. More than anything this is what I dislike about the Bendis the most, the obscene decompression. I dont even understand the point of this arc that just concluded.
    That's fair, Bendis definitely had time to alleviate concerns. Personally, I have enjoyed more in his run than I have disliked so far, so I am willing to see where things go.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That's fair, Bendis definitely had time to alleviate concerns. Personally, I have enjoyed more in his run than I have disliked so far, so I am willing to see where things go.
    And I hate how he handles everyone besides Clark. J'onn Barry/Wally Lois. It feels like he is pulling my teeth with most of his depictions.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    And I hate how he handles everyone besides Clark. J'onn Barry/Wally Lois. It feels like he is pulling my teeth with most of his depictions.
    Highly disagree with that one lol, could you provide specific examples? I thin he's done a good job with Zod, Red Cloud, Jimmy, etc. Besides Rogol Zaar & the weird way he wrote AC 1004, I don't think he's handled anyone too bad.

Highly disagree with that one lol, could you provide specific examples? I thin he's done a good job with Zod, Red Cloud, Jimmy, etc. Besides Rogol Zaar & the weird way he wrote AC 1004, I don't think he's handled anyone too bad.
    I agree with Stardust on this one. J’onn pretty much telling Kal to take over the planet was ooc, at least for any MM I’ve read, which admittedly isn’t all that much. As for Flash he’s written more like the Ezra Miller version than comic Barry. Assuming that was supposed to be Barry, not sure if even Bendis knew.

Spectacular Member

He can't write Red Cloud or Rogol Zaar ooc they are his characters
    Jimmy is sleeping in the office.
    Zod so far was not bad

Perry is more J.Jonah Jameson than Perry White.

J'onn usually has stories like coming to the Kent farm and take a look at the Kryptonian to make sure he won't take over the world. He is a shapeshifter who makes sure to take a shape in which he doesn't look completely human, because he feels different, but so far I have never see him play the "who has had it worse" game like he did here. And that's never a good look for any character. Especially if basically in the same sentence he starts with his "we are better than humans, let's take over" speech

And if you think caca poo poo is acceptable writing, we have to agree to disagree and leave it at that

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I agree with Stardust on this one. J’onn pretty much telling Kal to take over the planet was ooc, at least for any MM I’ve read, which admittedly isn’t all that much. As for Flash he’s written more like the Ezra Miller version than comic Barry. Assuming that was supposed to be Barry, not sure if even Bendis knew.
    Ezra Miller's Version wasn't that infantile
    At least he probably didn't take the time to specify, since we also had the colouring error

Spectacular Member

Double post
    Last edited by Stardust; 12-16-2018 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Double post

Perry White is fine. Absolutely nothing off there.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yeah, Perry White has been great. And I’d bet Jimmy’s sleeping because he’s working the Levithan case himself right now after hours. Seems like a running gag that’s pay off like that.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Daily planet staff has been good under Bendis one of the many things he does justice.But the league members were not.

his Lois is all over the place. Sometime good, sometimes bad(very bad) . We haven't seen enough of Jon from him, to make judgement. I liked Clark's flashback Jon. But man of Steel felt a little more angsty to my taste.His voice for Clark is fantastic. That is what keeps me hooked.Characterisation for Clark and Lois has took a hit after 1004 .We will have to see if he does justice to the superfamily. especially after the previous runs. Reporting adventures are great but, I want more badass fighting moments from Lois. So she is not solely reliying on Clark for saving her and protecting her son.

But his arcs so far have been falling flat. And the first arcs in both the respective books were anticlimactic. decompression is sometimes unbearable. His mystery in action also fell flat. And now anticlimactic ending to this arc. He needs to atleast give some payoffs.he needs to have a tighter leash on arcs.

His Batman is fine, so is Green Lantern. We haven't really seen his WW or Aquaman yet to my knowledge. So I wouldn't say his Justice League is bad across the board.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Wonder Woman was only briefly in Man of Steel and was fine. His Batman and Green Arrow in the Walmart books have been really good. Flash is really the only one that has felt off.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    His Batman is fine, so is Green Lantern. We haven't really seen his WW or Aquaman yet to my knowledge. So I wouldn't say his Justice League is bad across the board.
    Green Lantern(hal) felt too goofy to me. Missing some of the authority. May be that is just me. Batman was good. But league as a whole felt a little ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Green Lantern(hal) felt too goofy to me. Missing some of the authority. May be that is just me. Batman was good. But league as a whole felt a little ineffective.
    Batman getting sick and vomiting was good? The way I saw it, the league was distracted more than ineffective. This was a Superman story. If you make the league do a lot more in the story, there is a risk that it becomes a Justice League story instead.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

There was nothing special about that, but there certainly was nothing wrong with it, imo. He was nauseated because of the flux of the Earth. It just...was. It wasn't laugh out loud funny, at least not to me, and maybe that was the intent but at the same time it didn't bother me.

As far as using the Justice League in a solo book, it depends on how its executed. If you start giving equal time to what they're doing over the main character, then it becomes a problem. If they're very much in the background, with the point of focus still being keenly on the main character, then there's no problem. I've felt that thus far, every time Bendis has used the League, its been the latter so I don't see a problem there.