Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

The MM and Flash missteps aside, and of course Lois in 1004, Bendis has had a pretty good track record overall.

Again, it's a simple fact that different writers are just going to handle certain characters differently. To expect writer A to write character B the exact same way as writer C and to expect writer D and writer E to copy A and C is impossible. Now, there are limits, and times when you can't get past something or something feels so off it takes you out of the story at hand, but I get the feeling that most of the negativity towards Bendis comes from either a preconceived dislike of Bendis and his later day past work at Marvel,or the fact he isn't writing everyone exactly the same as Jurgens and Tomasi, or both.

Each writer has their own spin on each character. It's always going to be a compromise. It's never going to be 100 percent consistency for each character from writer to writer unless you have an editor ghost rewrite all the dialogue or as with the 90e, the same writers in place for years who just so happen to share a similar vision and style of writing.The last time that has happened was during the triangle era, and frankly for many reasons that era will never happen again. Hell it's astounding it happened as long as it did.

I've read these characters and these books,for almost 30 years now. I've certainly seen far worse interpretations. In fact for the most part, especially with Clark ( you know, the star of these books) Bendis gets it more consistently right than a majority of the writers that have written Superman since the turn of the century. As long as he gets that important part, the most important part right, I can overlook some of the oddities like his Flash or some of his Bendis quirks dialogue wise. Of course YMMV.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-18-2018 at 02:50 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.