Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Also, this comic had some violence and disturbing/creepy imagery in it. Yet is is the body part that causes controversy.

I'm about ready to drop DC, this is bullshit. This was my most anticipated book to read but once again DC drops the ball. The only thing keeping me around are the new characters and concepts being introduced in the Flash, John Stewart's involvement in the Justice League and the new Outsiders book (which is also being rescheduled as qell). If Outsiders gets cancelled I'm gonna be out for a long time.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Hopefully it gets released soon.
    I was looking forward to #1.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Weren't sales great for Batman: Damned? I have to assume there's another reason for the delay than the mature aspects.
    There has to be another reason for the delay. I’m sure publicly DC has to be apologetic for the nude scene but as you said the controversy made it sell even better. I think they’re probably happy the issue garnered so much press.

I’m not gonna jump to conclusions until we hear an official statement from DC or the creators.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I really hope the PC crowd doesn't ruin this.
    I don't think it was what most people call "the PC crowd" that was upset with a shot of Bruce Wayne's penis.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    I don't think it was what most people call "the PC crowd" that was upset with a shot of Bruce Wayne's penis.
    Heh. I would say the tables were reversed in that regard.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There has to be another reason for the delay. I’m sure publicly DC has to be apologetic for the nude scene but as you said the controversy made it sell even better. I think they’re probably happy the issue garnered so much press.

I’m not gonna jump to conclusions until we hear an official statement from DC or the creators.
    That sounds like the best course to take at this point.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm ticked off since some of the minority characters in this book are in limbo hell and this seriously was the only book from this imprint I wanted to read.

In any case I can't believe this imprint might fail all b/c geek media focused on Batman's penis so much that it got picked up by the bigger media and instead of just continuing on, DC comics lost it's balls and is taking their sweet time releasing the other books...

This is why I've said DC (and Marvel) shouldn't make announcements about upcoming projects unless they are sure they will follow through and it doesn't look like DC is gonna follow through ...again.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-13-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I can't get anything interesting with my favorite characters from DC.

Empty is thy hand!

And Milestone's still coming back too, right? /s

BANNED

Black Label is very poorly planned to say the least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I wish Mal and Karen Duncan would have been handled better in Abnett's Titans run. Mal worked best as the Guardian, and Karen worked best when she created her own outfit and powers. She didn't across near as serious a scientist in current Titans as she did in the old post-Crisis New Teen Titans issues. Maybe if they are used in the new Young Justice animated series, someone will start using the couple again.
    Completely agree with this!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I kind of wonder if Black Label had started with some lesser known character, like a horror character, maybe they could have done something like Batman down the line without anyone noticing. It's weird the stuff that sets people off. "I'm the goddamn Batman" becomes a meme but they do the Batdick ten years later and people lose their minds.
    Assassinate Putin!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Yeah, neither on Damned nor here, the "pc crowd" is clearly not the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

If I had to guess, I'd say that this story probably portrayed some DC characters in a less than flattering light, and editorial had to step in and ask for some rewrites.

If that is the case, though, we'll probably never hear about it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I'm anti-PC, but I like my comics PG-rated. That said, if this "other history" or whatever is to talk of stories from disenfranchised groups, then it would be completely PC ... which I would also be against.

I'm already not happy with Gotham, the live-action series, with its emphasis on S&M and gore, but I don't make the decisions.