Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Ok, so favorite things from this issue:

R&G's sweet kiss - kind of wish they got to test out that bracelet already I'm dying for another "in the sheets scene", Belle calling Remy out on pulling double duty with the Guild and the X-Men and letting Rogue run him, Belle's outfit, the rooftop fight, the party moments with the X-Men - I wanted MORE, a decent attempt at closure with Magneto, Rogue floating upside down - reminiscent of UA and X-Men 45, and the tied up ending reminiscent of Gambit 2012 and well . . . Recently too, they are always tied up! And the 90's era costumes! Yay! Mojo is already cracking me up.

Concerns:
    Rogue in the fight. I have literally seen people say she didn't do enough while depowered and others say that she once again stole the show from Remy. Obviously both can't be true. I would have liked to see Remy take out all the Thieves himself this time, but narratively it made sense for Rogue to pull her trump card.

Magneto: I can see why people were feeling mixed about Magneto in this issue. I think it was nice to balance the exes against each other. His initial stoic and cool attitude is fitting of where they left off and have been and the dialogue also established that they are not on the same page in regards to their worldviews. This was helpful for putting closure on them. However I was a little unnerved seeing Rogue opening up to Eric, when she really needs to be saying these things to Remy and being more warm and supportive with him in general. And it was really weird to see Mags encourage her relationship with Remy, who he was pretty disrespectful of in the distant past. Though to be fair, in Legacy they are quite civil to each other and even then he openly acknowledged that Remy loves Rogue while unwilling to say that himself.

The art: It was a bit uneven. Some panels I adored! Others not so much. They did have a great emotional element that maybe wasn't as strong or nuanced in 1-5.

Overall I really did enjoy this issue and it made me excited for #7.

What I want to know is how will these characters feel knowing the other met privately with their ex, even if maybe not planned? Will they tell each other? Their "we need to talk" moment suggests yes and they really need to. This will be fascinating! I'm hoping we see growth from these characters in upcoming issues. Rogue needs to show Remy more support and warmth and openness. She still seems scared to do this and I'm not clear on why she still feels alone in her struggle. Remy needs to be able to state his needs and ask for support, feeling like he deserves it. But it's actually refreshing that these characters ARE struggling with these real human issues. So long as they grow and move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magneto is the elephant in the room. Im glad KT addressed it so we can move von
    Lol how did she address it? Rogue goes behind Gambit's back and tells her ex her personal secrets. How is that resolution?

This is X-Men legacy all over again where Mags tells Rogue to go back to Gambit and she humps him instead.

On one hand you got Gambit telling Bella not to disrespect his wife. On the other you have Rogue disrespecting Gambit by inviting Mags into their lives again at a time when he is warring with the X-men.

Rogue has zero respect for Gambit. And frankly not sure she even loves him. Her dialogue here suggests not love for Gambit but simple she married him because he has been there for her. He is the convennient stooge who will always be ready to put up with whatever bullshit Rogue throws his way.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-12-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Maybe the best comic mutant this week.

I know the story of Rogue with Magneto is something sensible to be approached here but personally I'm happy when a writer bother to show readers that he cares about continuity this is very rare nowadays .

Well it seems that Gambit's position in the world of crime will bring some problems for the couple. And I loved the end and the meta comments . I confess that when saw the two tied again thought the writer was out of ideas .

I Feel the conversation of Rogue and Mags. was a friendly talk.

They are not a couple. they are friends. and Mags care about Rogue and a lot.

If he wanted her as her Queen she will be a Lensherr a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I Feel the conversation of Rogue and Mags. was a friendly talk.

They are not a couple. they are friends. and Mags care about Rogue and a lot.

If he wanted her as her Queen she will be a Lensherr a long time ago.
    Pretty sure she shot him down when he asked?
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Lol how did she address it? Rogue goes behind Gambit's back and tells her ex her personal secrets. How is that resolution?

This is X-Men legacy all over again where Mags tells Rogue to go back to Gambit and she humps him instead.

On one hand you got Gambit telling Bella not to disrespect his wife. On the other you have Rogue disrespecting Gambit by inviting Mags into their lives again at a time when he is warring with the X-men.

Rogue has zero respect for Gambit. And frankly not sure she even loves him. Her dialogue here suggests not love for Gambit but simple she married him because he has been there for her. He is the convennient stooge who will always be ready to put up with whatever bullshit Rogue throws his way.
    Rogue and Magneto were a couple. KT addressed that here and had him acknowledge her new marriage to Gambit. This wasnt to open the door to Rogue being with Magneto as I dont expect a triangle to come out of it. I preferred them as a pair but I dont expect that to be a thing and KT handled this with respect. Rogue and Gambit can go on and be happy with him being a nonfactor

I really liked this issue, even though it only had one real page of an X-men party. I wanted more small talk. The art may have been anatomically inconsistent in places, but I loved Gambit and Rogue’s outfits and Belladonna looked amazing. The cats were squishy and I liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    If I'm being totally unbiased, it was a better scene than I'm making it out to be in this review. I don't find it odd that Rogue feels the need to apologize to him for not telling him. Even if I wouldn't feel the need to tell an ex I was getting married, Rogue has a strange sense of obligation towards Magneto, and probably would. I did find it a little odd that she would confide in him about her deepest insecurities, and wouldn't consider how Gambit might feel about that. But, again, that's not out of character for her. She's not a great partner in many ways.
    Yeah, Rogue being an emotionally inconsistent mess (intentionally) is *in* character and does make her more interesting than the X-men Legacy-era Sun-Goddess-Wot-Does-No-Wrong.

BANNED

I thought the one panel with all the discussions was supposed to be at the same time, but Gambit was in two different places and I think so was Rogue lol

The fight seemed to take up too much time and was unnecessary.

Only thing that bothers me about the fighting:

The attackers are the Thieves Guild. They use a Guild system. Why wouldn't they go to the Assassin's Guild?

This issue was a lot of fun. It's taking Rogue and Gambit's relationship back down to Earth, literally and figuratively. It's also mixing things up with parts of Gambit's past that often fall to the wayside for one reason or another. I hope we get more of this moving forward. I think there's plenty to work with, especially with Belladonna in the picture.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rogue and Magneto were a couple. KT addressed that here and had him acknowledge her new marriage to Gambit. This wasnt to open the door to Rogue being with Magneto as I dont expect a triangle to come out of it. I preferred them as a pair but I dont expect that to be a thing and KT handled this with respect. Rogue and Gambit can go on and be happy with him being a nonfactor
    Umm inviting your ex to a party celebrating your marriage without discussing with your current husband is not respect. It is quite disrespectful. Do that **** in the real world and it is a quite way to end up single. But I get it, Mary Sue Rogue can do no wrong.

It is funny that Gambit always used to get **** for lying and keeping secrets and yet they haven't been married for a month and Rogue already lying and keeping secrets from Gambit while she has secret meetings with her ex.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-12-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

WHen they showed Belladonna I thought she was that woman from his first solo series...The old one that gave him missions. I can't for the life of me remember her name. But she had the same look and smoked. She was somehow involved with black womb.

Fontanelle, yeah she does have a similar look here.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Umm inviting your ex to a party celebrating your marriage without discussing with your current husband is not respect. It is quite disrespectful. Do that **** in the real world and it is a quite way to end up single. But I get it, Mary Sue Rogue can do no wrong.

It is funny that Gambit always used to get **** for lying and keeping secrets and yet they haven't been married for a month and Rogue already lying and keeping secrets from Gambit while she has secret meetings with her ex.
    She treated Magneto/Rogue with respect which as a fan all I could ask for bc I wouldnt have been surprised if he had been thrown under the bus to prop them up which KT definitely could have done and Marvel has him on the path of being a villian

The problem for me with the Magneto scene is that whenever in the future that Marvel decides to break up Remy&Rogue some writer will use this to justify that Rogue never really closed her heart to Magneto. It will be a Carey mess again. It's always harder to swallow the "she never really loved him, she never got over X" stories then the other crap Marvel backtracks with when they decide to undo a couple. So In that regard any involvement from Magneto would have best been dealt with a charged helmet as a "thank you for last time". It almost feels like KT is writting a story where relationships and emotions are dealt with in a mature adult maner, in a world where nothing but absolute black/white seems to survive writers vivid interpretations of 80's stories.

A bit to much Bobby for me, about half of the jokes worked for me.

KT should know by now that Gambit needs to shine more in the fights. Hopefully that will be adressed in the next arc before this gets to be more of a sore point for the ongoing. Worst case they are so far into issues that it can't be adressed until 3-4 issues into the future.

Small nitpick but does Laura call him Remy or Gambit? Don't want to flip through my X-23 issues & the wedding for such a small thing. Ahh I miss Marjoriue Liu. Would be so much fun seeing another comic like an teambook where she can give her view on the happy couple.

Overall: 7 of 10. Not the best so far but still so much more enjoyable then the rest of what Marvel offers.
    Last edited by Malachi; 12-12-2018 at 03:17 PM.