Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Both of you are well aware of the "grrrrrrr sjws" crying about this book.

And even if you weren't, where on the internet are the right-wing angry reactions to comics usually posted? lol
    I’m aware of that section of the fans, but I’ve hardly seen anything close to what you’re talking about - although, I admittedly don’t seek that stuff out.

Regardless, if they were indeed upset at the book for their reasons that doesn’t invalidate legitimate criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    This series is damn boring and forgettable, glad it's ending

I think it made me chuckle twice. Put that on the TPB.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Both of you are well aware of the "grrrrrrr sjws" crying about this book.

And even if you weren't, where on the internet are the right-wing angry reactions to comics usually posted? lol
    Dude...did you just low-key call me a liar?

I just told you I haven't read the book.

What would I know about its reception?!
    The internet is always upset about something, but sometimes lines are crossed, threats are made, etc.
    That's what I thought you might've been alluding to.

But whatever, man.

Good talk.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post

The internet is always upset about something
    Can't disagree with that.

Thor received hate every single issue. The only time I recall certain right wing people being vocal about red was the Gender pay gap.

Otherwise the criticism regarding pacing, regurgitating mainstream establishment talking points without actually examining the issues put forward like internet censorship controlled by the government, Cassandra Nova being an idiot, the lack of a team are all valid criticisms.

Astonishing X-Men by Rosenberg is the best book in a while or at least since Bunns uncanny

BANNED

Right-wingers also made complaint videos about Gold and the current Uncanny. It’s a dumb argument.

BANNED

I didn't say this book was the only one to aggro the crazies. It was more pointed about it though, which wins the book a few more cool points.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Otherwise the criticism regarding pacing, regurgitating mainstream establishment talking points without actually examining the issues put forward like internet censorship controlled by the government, Cassandra Nova being an idiot, the lack of a team are all valid criticisms.
    Exactly, not that hard to understand.

I didn't say this book was the only one to aggro the crazies. It was more pointed about it though, which wins the book a few more cool points.
    That's a terrible way to write a book. I'm certain there are plenty of right-wing/leaning and centrist readers who disliked the book for more than just its politics. I'd bet there are even people who agree with the ideas that still found the book lacking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Right-wingers also made complaint videos about Gold and the current Uncanny. It’s a dumb argument.
    It's the same mentality of white people who go to protests using signs with Harry Potter references.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Exactly, not that hard to understand.

That's a terrible way to write a book. I'm certain there are plenty of right-wing/leaning and centrist readers who disliked the book for more than just its politics. I'd bet there are even people who agree with the ideas that still found the book lacking.
    And they are welcome to those opinions of the book. Can't please everyone.

The positive, anti-hate messages are just a bonus on top.

And they are welcome to those opinions of the book. Can't please everyone.

The positive, anti-hate messages are just a bonus on top.
    Fair enough. As long as people who are bringing legitimate criticisms aren't being misaligned.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'll agree that there was a bit much left to be inferred by the reader, but it was enough for me personally and I find his greater actions understandable. By the end of the series, he was the only character I was actively invested in - the "good guys" and their rationale was crud and only Team Guy was likable. As far as I'm concerned, he should have destroyed the system.

I was wondering this as well.
    I can agree with that much, that the ninja system as depicted in Naruto was heinously, if not irredeemably, flawed and should've been destroyed so something better could take its place. That said, I didn't agree with all the collateral damage left in Sasuke's wake, though as almost none of them were named characters or characters the readers actually cared about (f*** you very much, Danzo; any system that would keep a s*** like that in charge of anything after everything he pulled isn't worth keeping in the first place), I can see why he got off relatively easy. I can even understand why he'd stay away from the village for long stretches of time and only come back to check in on his family every so often; there are a lot of gaping wounds that haven't so much healed as they've just had Band-Aids put on them. A "peace" like that would only last so long.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Sasuke was a whiny baby. Itachi was the best Uchiha by far. Life isn't fair. Most of us understand that at an early age and try to live our lives without screwing over everyone else. Itachi should have just merked him with the rest of his family.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-17-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Otherwise the criticism regarding . . . , regurgitating mainstream establishment . . .are all valid criticisms.
    This has been just about every X-Men book of not since Stan Lee misappropriated the Civil Rights movement into his mutant metaphor using 5 white people. Comes with the territory when 50 years later the characters are pretty much the same age covering the same issues.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I can agree with that much, that the ninja system as depicted in Naruto was heinously, if not irredeemably, flawed and should've been destroyed so something better could take its place. That said, I didn't agree with all the collateral damage left in Sasuke's wake, though as almost none of them were named characters or characters the readers actually cared about (f*** you very much, Danzo; any system that would keep a s*** like that in charge of anything after everything he pulled isn't worth keeping in the first place), I can see why he got off relatively easy. I can even understand why he'd stay away from the village for long stretches of time and only come back to check in on his family every so often; there are a lot of gaping wounds that haven't so much healed as they've just had Band-Aids put on them. A "peace" like that would only last so long.
    Virtually everyone he fought or killed was a monster, that made it very easy to be in his corner.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Sasuke was a whiny baby. Itachi was the best Uchiha by far. Life isn't fair. Most of us understand that at an early age and try to live our lives without screwing over everyone else. Itachi should have just merked him with the rest of his family.
    Sasuke suffered a terrible trauma caused in part by Itachi's inability to be more than a dog of the village and the ninja system. Life isn't fair, but the Uchiha were ostracized by the very village they helped found and make into one of the strongest in the world and Itachi assisted in the genocide of an entire clan. The Uchiha shouldn't have moved to attempt a coup of the government, as that would have led to war, but Danzo, Itachi, and the council's response was not right. I would argue that Sasuke putting Danzo, who manipulated Itachi and used the genocide of the Uchiha for his own personal gain, in the ground makes him the best Uchiha.