Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Jean should have been given a new villain to add to her slim rogues' gallery. You can only whore out the Phoenix so often. Right, Marvel? Right?!
    Nova is one of the villains that should be killed on sight X-Force style if possible, not rehabilitated for the second time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nova didnt easily take Jean out. That was part of her plan. Nova thinking she had the upperhand gave the Wolverines the oppurtunity to attack, get in close and plant the nannites in her.
    did you miss the panel after they collided and jean was left on the ground?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I want to know what happened to Forge. We did not even get to see the other X-men realize that he was under her control. I feel cheated by the lack of Forge in the final issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I want to know what happened to Forge. We did not even get to see the other X-men realize that he was under her control. I feel cheated by the lack of Forge in the final issue.
    as much as he annoys me this is valid. what the heck happened to him?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    did you miss the panel after they collided and jean was left on the ground?
    Think the point is Jean intentionally gave the impression she was noted out because Nova then let her guard down which is what allowed them to surprise her and implant the nannite. If Jean were still standing then Nova never lets her guard down but in that moment she thinks she is triumphant.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Think the point is Jean intentionally gave the impression she was noted out because Nova then let her guard down which is what allowed them to surprise her and implant the nannite. If Jean were still standing then Nova never lets her guard down but in that moment she thinks she is triumphant.

her face doesnt look like she was playing possum. also without her helmet shielding nova from her thoughts I think that argument is harder to make.

It is kind of ambiguous but after she gets hit by Gabby Jean is back up and doesn't look hurt. I think it is easily read that all of it was apart of Jean's plan to take down Nova (or to heal her as it were).

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Centrist drivel.
    Lol Too true!

...wait, I just had a thought. Wasn't Cassandra Nova supposed to be Ernst...Martha Johansson.... do they have a connection to Empath?
    Last edited by ButterRum; 12-13-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    It is kind of ambiguous but after she gets hit by Gabby Jean is back up and doesn't look hurt. I think it is easily read that all of it was apart of Jean's plan to take down Nova (or to heal her as it were).
    Yeah she is obviously up and no worse for ware and it is clear the plan was for Gabby to stab her in the head. Jean even says they were not trying to kill her.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Gabby even says “I think we’re up”, indicating the plan is working and now it’s their turn.

But yes if you wanna take a face reaction that we don’t know whether it’s sincere loss or intentional feigning, go ahead. I’ll go with their more apparent explanation.

For the record, I think Cassandra is capable of beating jean. I just don’t think it’s happening here.
    Last edited by Grey; 12-13-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This book had a very limited, on the nose messaging almost every issue concerning morality and ethics. Of course it matters.

Honestly, Taylor should have just made up his own villain. This Nova had practically nothing to do with the original(and in comparison absolutely pales), and he never even bothered to explain how she transitioned from her re-education in Stuff to this present form. Why was she focused on Jean? Why not Emma, the Cuckoos, or Xavier?
    Who is saying ethics doesn’t matter? I’m confused.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

her face doesnt look like she was playing possum. also without her helmet shielding nova from her thoughts I think that argument is harder to make.
    Nova removes jeans helmet earlier and jean states “nova is trying to tear me apart but I’m still here.” She doesn’t need the helmet to go head to head with nova. Though it would certainly be a lot of help.

I think an argument could made that it was a part of her plane to soften her without it going as she intended. I mean she is bleeding and bruised in that scan I posted. also, with Jean's helmet being off I don't think she would have been able to play is if she was hurt unless she really was. she didnt have the power of searebro helping to boost her power like she did the last time she was able to fake her out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Nova removes jeans helmet earlier and jean states “nova is trying to tear me apart but I’m still here.” She doesn’t need the helmet to go head to head with nova. Though it would certainly be a lot of help.
    i never said she needed the helmet to do so. I'm simply saying I dont think jean would be able to mask playing possum with nova picking up on it especially without her helmet on.

that said, I still didnt really see jean cut loose as I was expecting and there were a few things not addressed including nehzno or what happened to forge. maybe this ended an issue or 2 prior to him telling or showing all the parts that were hinted at earlier.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-13-2018 at 11:15 PM.

I don't get why everyone is ragging on this series tbh, i liked it, had some bumps along the way but i liked this series more than blue and gold.