Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Hallelujah!! FullMetal Alchemist is indeed the best. The message the story had, the characters .. all well done.
    I gotta say, Monster is one of the best too.

We just turned this thread into a manga discussion. XD
    I couldn't say enough good things about Fullmetal Alchemist.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That would mean Marvel letting their characters age and die. We can't have that.
    They could've done it with an AU, or even the Ultimate Universe. That was their big chance and they ruined it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I couldn't say enough good things about Fullmetal Alchemist.
    Factual! It’s truly beautiful and well executed.

Factual! It’s truly beautiful and well executed.
    We need an X-book that trims the fat of recent years, writes the characters with love and respect, builds conflict and tension, and incorporates strong themes. An X-book half as good as FMA would still be many times better than what we've had for the last few years.

Mighty Member

We need an X-book that trims the fat of recent years, writes the characters with love and respect, builds conflict and tension, and incorporates strong themes. An X-book half as good as FMA would still be many times better than what we've had for the last few years.
    Tell me about it!

The message behind FMA was soo deep and it resonated with me. I know X-Men can pull it off becuz X-Men rnt just superhero ... they actually stand for something but with these current writers and staff ... it’s boring n it’s frustrating.

Everything feels like a filler n a mini. No long term plan ... no nothing. It’s very upsetting.

Tell me about it!

The message behind FMA was soo deep and it resonated with me. I know X-Men can pull it off becuz X-Men rnt just superhero ... they actually stand for something but with these current writers and staff ... it’s boring n it’s frustrating.

Everything feels like a filler n a mini. No long term plan ... no nothing. It’s very upsetting.
    I can't think of anything I would remove from FMA, it's the anime/manga I recommend to newcomers to that media. The conclusion is fantastic. Of course, the original series from 2003 is great as well, but I prefer the original manga and more faithful anime adaptation.

I hadn't thought of it that way before, but yeah the recent X-books have certainly felt like filler arcs. We don't even need multi-year planned arcs but some tighter story-telling would go a long way.

Mighty Member

I can't think of anything I would remove from FMA, it's the anime/manga I recommend to newcomers to that media. The conclusion is fantastic. Of course, the original series from 2003 is great as well, but I prefer the original manga and more faithful anime adaptation.

I hadn't thought of it that way before, but yeah the recent X-books have certainly felt like filler arcs. We don't even need multi-year planned arcs but some tighter story-telling would go a long way.
    I enjoyed FMA 2003 but FMAB was much much better.
    Recommending FMAB for newcommer ... is gonna place their standard so high. It would be hard to top it. Have u checked Monster?

I know! The fact we r getting a 5 month AU is boring imo. I don’t want AUs, but at least we are getting Cyclops. Hooray, I guess.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

You know i reread the issue and there were a couple of things that bothered me. Cassandra is obviously a super powerful telekinetic and telepath. I know the helmets were meant to block her telepathy but why couldn't she simply knock all the heroes' helmets off akin to what she did to jean? I still don't know what the purpose of gambit blowing up the ship, when it was just going to explode anyways. Did his ability i guess destroy all the radiation associated with the rods?

I thought the team up with Nightcrawler and HB was really cool. The series overall was lacking good fight scenes like this and wish there would have been more. Overall, though I thought this issue was good (even the speech at the end) I thought overall the series was an extreme let down. What happened to Jean showing us how the Phoenix was holding her back? How could Cassandra easily take her out like that? What happened to Jean showing Nehzno how to control his power? A lot of missed interactions with the characters as well, beyond trying to take Cassandra out. Overall disappointed and thought the run was poorly executed. There was so much potential just wasted.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I enjoyed FMA 2003 but FMAB was much much better.
    Recommending FMAB for newcommer ... is gonna place their standard so high. It would be hard to top it. Have u checked Monster?

I know! The fact we r getting a 5 month AU is boring imo. I don’t want AUs, but at least we are getting Cyclops. Hooray, I guess.
    Yeah, it is a pretty high standard, lol. I haven't checked out Monster, but I've heard about it. How about Steins;Gate?

It's probably too much to hope for that Marvel actually have something interesting to say with the AoXM AU. Regarding Cyclops' return, I'm basically that meme where things are going good but that things are going good is actually making me anxious.

Mighty Member

Yeah, it is a pretty high standard, lol. I haven't checked out Monster, but I've heard about it. How about Steins;Gate?

It's probably too much to hope for that Marvel actually have something interesting to say with the AoXM AU. Regarding Cyclops' return, I'm basically that meme where things are going good but that things are going good is actually making me anxious.
    Yoo check out monster, it’s kinda long but worth ittt! Steins;Gate ... I remember enjoying it so much but it was mindblowing n I was kinda young. Imma rewatch it. It’s a great sci-fi.

Hahaha xD I’m also anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    You know i reread the issue and there were a couple of things that bothered me. Cassandra is obviously a super powerful telekinetic and telepath. I know the helmets were meant to block her telepathy but why couldn't she simply knock all the heroes' helmets off akin to what she did to jean? I still don't know what the purpose of gambit blowing up the ship, when it was just going to explode anyways. Did his ability i guess destroy all the radiation associated with the rods?

I thought the team up with Nightcrawler and HB was really cool. The series overall was lacking good fight scenes like this and wish there would have been more. Overall, though I thought this issue was good (even the speech at the end) I thought overall the series was an extreme let down. What happened to Jean showing us how the Phoenix was holding her back? How could Cassandra easily take her out like that? What happened to Jean showing Nehzno how to control his power? A lot of missed interactions with the characters as well, beyond trying to take Cassandra out. Overall disappointed and thought the run was poorly executed. There was so much potential just wasted.
    Nova didnt easily take Jean out. That was part of her plan. Nova thinking she had the upperhand gave the Wolverines the oppurtunity to attack, get in close and plant the nannites in her.

Is it ethical to re-write a sentient being's consciousness with a replicating nano-virus filled with empathy? How does using your enemy's tactics against them absolve you of their same crimes?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Is it ethical to re-write a sentient being's consciousness with a replicating nano-virus filled with empathy? How does using your enemy's tactics against them absolve you of their same crimes?
    Does it really matter? They should have slaughtered Nova on sight and given her no mercy. Ethics is the least of the concern here

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think when someone is killing and mind controlling innocent people, I think they chose the most ethical option in the situation.

Other solutions would be killing her, or imprisoning her (if anyone could even contain her).

Ethics isn’t a black and white thing. It’s choosing the least worst ioption. And I think they did do that here. Besides, they can always remove it later. They just needed to shut her down in the moment.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

IMO this compares poorly to Cassandra's resolution in New X-Men. In NXM Emma's solution was brilliant, and the stakes felt high throughout. This just felt... flat, when it didn't feel ridiculous.

The moralizing monologue at the end makes what... eleven such speeches for Jean and co? Actually twelve if you count the annual. At some point too much politics is just too much politics. It would be so much more impactful if we weren't getting beaten over the head with it ever single issue.

This book had a very limited, on the nose messaging almost every issue concerning morality and ethics. Of course it matters.

Honestly, Taylor should have just made up his own villain. This Nova had practically nothing to do with the original(and in comparison absolutely pales), and he never even bothered to explain how she transitioned from her re-education in Stuff to this present form. Why was she focused on Jean? Why not Emma, the Cuckoos, or Xavier?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!