Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I remember when people called that Tobi reveal. That was just as bad as Ben Reily is the Jackal.

Also Kishimoto admitted he made Madara too damn strong and he tried to Jim Starlin his way out of the paper bag he wrote himself into.
    Funny thing is, those two have a lot in common now that you bring it up. They started as probably the most morally exemplary compared to just about everyone else in their immediate familial connections (Ben was the only "good clone" of Peter, and even Peter was headed into a downward spiral of self-destruction before Ben showed up; Obito was a pretty decent kid who believed in his friends and believed those that would abandon their friends were lower than scum), both of them seemingly died saving the life of someone they loved like a brother (Peter technically was Ben's brother on account of being Ben's genetic source material, and Kakashi might as well have been Obito's brother), both assumed the mantle of a major Big Bad after being broken down and driven insane by the machinations of the very Big Bad that originated that mantle and set about trying to "fix" the world in their own extreme ways, causing a lot of death and destruction in the process and nearly ending humanity as a whole, the revelations of their true identities broke the hearts of their spiritual brothers (Kakashi and Kaine) who tried to honor their memories . . . About the major difference between them, depending on how Spider-Geddon #5 turns out, is that Obito at least got to die with some measure of redemption (mileage may vary on whether it's too little, too late), whereas Ben ended up forced back into villainy at the end of his solo and may very well die like that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I feel like the nanosentinels were just a story way of explaining how online hating and social media can fuel hatred and fear. I didn’t take it as they literally are the only reason those people felt hatred.

Aka nanosentinels symbolic for social media hate, trolling, bullying, etc.

In story though, I thought the nanosentinels were just causing people who already had hatred to actually do some things they wish they could do (want to murder / kill mutants). Meaning the hate was already there, the nanosentinels just took any sort of restraint people had away.
    Storm and Rachel?

Definitely an action-packed finale to a slightly boring series even though it tried to be thought-provoking with a 21st Century identity politics spin on the old 'hated and feared' routine.
    >The art was OK.
    >Gentle was pretty badass.
    >Bye, Trinary. See you in the backgrounds!
    >Goodbye, Rainbow Sentinel! See you whenever we see Cerebra again!
    >This issue had the best teamwork of the entire series. Too little, too late.
    >Awesome showing from Gambit... but how exactly did his plan work? Wouldn't it have simply made an even more disastrous explosion?
    >Why didn't Cassandra use TK to pull off all the Magneto helmets like she did Jean's?
    >Jean/Nova psychic battle aided by X-Men intervention and a Trinary-reprogrammed nanosentinel. Pretty much exactly how I expected this to end. Gabby as the delivery system was literally the best thing she's done for the series.
    >Nova's having yet another teachable moment. I wish the X-Men would just outright kill their truly evil villains who always regress. Will we see Cassandra as an omega level friend to the X-Men? I doubt it.
    >So much for Jean's international mutant citizenship idea. We're back to the usual 'peace and love' spiel.

Favourite Panels...
    Jean goes NOVA!!!
    xr1.jpg
    xr2.jpg
    xr3.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 12-12-2018 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And it isn't?

I consider it the best since Bendis left

Maybe Jean should had just to declare war with humanity, then she would be right
    Oof. I’m sorry for you.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I fdeel that some people are projecting the troubles and rejection they feel or have on life on mutants and so want others (even if fictional) to feel the pain they feel. If you constantly project negativity and want it to persist though, then that is what will exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    I fdeel that some people are projecting the troubles and rejection they feel or have on life on mutants and so want others (even if fictional) to feel the pain they feel. If you constantly project negativity and want it to persist though, then that is what will exist.
    I constantly project a desire for CUTE BABES, but they don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Oof. I’m sorry for you.
    It was meant to be ironic

Wolverine's daughter's clone has her hand teleported inside Xavier's cosmic parasitic twin sister's head. I love comics sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It is implied more than a few three-ways happened.
    It is?!

When was this, and where have I been?
    Not trying to sound pervy, it's just that Naruto's class seem so...vanilla, I'm a bit shocked.

Even boy-band Sasuke, who is one of the most misunderstood characters (no thanks to the writing), seemed annoyed / generally uninterested at best at any type of romantic attention.
    You tellin' me that guy instigated a three-way? And got away with it after what he tried to pull?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Griffith did nothing wrong.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    It is?!

When was this, and where have I been?
    Not trying to sound pervy, it's just that Naruto's class seem so...vanilla, I'm a bit shocked.

Even boy-band Sasuke, who is one of the most misunderstood characters (no thanks to the writing), seemed annoyed / generally uninterested at best at any type of romantic attention.
    You tellin' me that guy instigated a three-way? And got away with it after what he tried to pull?

He didn't as much as went with it because Karin was/is crazy, and Sakura was/is desperate. Kinda describes my first relationship actually.

If this is the best book X-Men can have in years, then forget being on the top, they don't deserve to be on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Storm and Rachel?
    They both have internalized mutant phobia.

Kidding.

I guess the nanosentinels could also actually cause the hatred in non mutant haters. But that it made underlying hate even worse.

Even if the nanosentinels were in fact the cause of the actions, I still think they achieve a symbolic meaning. The news we consume, the groups we keep ourselves a part of (and the groups we keep our distance from) shape us and polarize us. If th nanosentinels were a product that acted on these things, I think it still serves its story purpose.
    Last edited by Grey; 12-12-2018 at 11:41 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    That’s kinda exactly what literary analysis is.

I concede this is comics, I.e. not as serious. But it’s still literature. Do you think all the famous writers from centuries past knew college classes would be dissecting their work, relating it to real world events, themes, trends, etc? maybe some, but not all.

I think it’s a given that every individual gets a different experience from anything they read, X-men comics included.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Mods, please delete all posts, not mentioning and praising Jean. Merci.

I really thought we were going to get an epic psyscape battle on the astral plain between Jean and Nova.

Not even a fucken nose bleed? Does Taylor even comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Mods, please delete all posts, not mentioning and praising Jean. Merci.

I really thought we were going to get an epic psyscape battle on the astral plain between Jean and Nova.

Not even a fucken nose bleed? Does Taylor even comic?
    Yea, my single biggest complaint. I think this book really needed one big throw down between the two.