Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    "Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Poor showing for Cassandra.
    Another classic case of a top-tier X-villain being trotted out for a not-great story retread with a narrow scope that will be pretty much ignored.

We need new or pretty much forgotten villains to fill these slots. (Aside from better stories that also matter in the grand scheme of things.)

At least there's nothing left from Morrison's run to be ruined.
    Playing "Taps" for Morrison's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's sad cause Jean's speech was really nice but considering this is ending and we already have stories that happen after it, it feels like nothing was accomplished....
    Yes, a nice maxi series completely ignored by x-men continuity

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    This felt very rushed.

And lol Jean's words at the end do have a lot in common with Havok's "call me Alex" bullshit and Guggenkitty's "not mutants, but heroes" speech.
    I actually have the same thoughts although it wasn't as blatant as "call me Alex"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I really loved the end.

Too bad it will be ignored
    I thought it was a nice ending. The kind of refreshing, positive, and much needed voice from the Xmen. Something we haven't seen in a long long time and usually we would hear that from Scott.

This didn't need to be 11 issues tho. It could've been done in 4.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I actually have the same thoughts although it wasn't as blatant as "call me Alex"
    Alex talked as someone ashamed of being a mutant. Jean' s speech was closer to Scott's "we want nothing but peace with you".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Well, this was underwhelming. I'll miss this book but the portrayal of Nova overall was ridiculous. And the centrist message in the end was just comical.

Also, congratulations to Jean for basically doing a more palatable version of the "don't call me the m-word, call me Alex" speech. It's all about presentation after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    This felt very rushed.

And lol Jean's words at the end do have a lot in common with Havok's "call me Alex" bullshit and Guggenkitty's "not mutants, but heroes" speech.
    Now that you said it,you ruined it for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I thought it was a nice ending. The kind of refreshing, positive, and much needed voice from the Xmen. Something we haven't seen in a long long time and usually we would hear that from Scott.

This didn't need to be 11 issues tho. It could've been done in 4.
    lol they do this speech every year. It's the same speech Alex made in UA #5 and Scott made in UXM #600 and Kitty made in Prime and Gold #1.

Y'all are reaching. The problem with Havok's speech is not about how he wanted people to see mutants and humans as the same, which is what Jean says here, is how he acts like "mutant" was some kind of slur with the "That word represents everything I hate".

How he was asking for people to not even mention that he's a mutant anymore on situations like those(which is specially dumb considering that the Unity Squad was all about showing mutants working with the Avengers to the public). While Jean is only talking about how on an ideal future people wouldn't see mutants and humans with an "us vs them" mindsent.

She's the one who wanted to get mutants a seat on the UN table to deal with mutant issues, because she understands that in reality something like this is not happening any time soon. Alex wanted to sweep the problem under the rug while Jean is thinking about solutions that could help making a future where there isn't a problem anymore.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nova felt the pain of all the mutants she caused to die and she didn't end her own existence? lol ok.

Also Super Saiyan Gambit.

Final Score:
    RCO012.jpg

The Red Dragon

Let’s defeat her with empathy! = equivalent of a carebear stare. Very lame. This series never met the potential it set up in the first issue.

Taylor’s pacfist care bear Jean Grey is the most boring pos character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Let’s defeat her with empathy! = equivalent of a carebear stare. Very lame. This series never met the potential it set up in the first issue.

Taylor’s pacfist care bear Jean Grey is the most boring pos character.
    The whole thing feels made for feel good retweets and reblogs. But in reality it's just empty.

It's also lame because it's been done before in Morrison's
    X-Men with Stuff and re-education as mentioned before in this thread.

The book just plucked Nova out of nowhere did not explain what happened from that point where she was already trapped and being re-educated to the beginning of Red.

And just put her back in the same position except she's able to control her body and phase and has telekinesis. So a nanite brainwashing her isn't going to last long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It's also lame because it's been done before in Morrison's
    X-Men with Stuff and re-education as mentioned before in this thread.
    Also Whedon's Astonishing had the X-Men defeat the Super Sentinel that destroyed Genosha by giving it the ability to feel empathy and guilt.

Weren't people calling this "the best X-Book in decades?"

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Weren't people calling this "the best X-Book in decades?"
    Who was? The art was nice and the dialogue was better then what we were getting as in the voices weren't off. That's a very low standard to have.