Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    The Red Dragon

And dont get me wrong, I like Jean Grey just not Tom Taylor’s one note, rainbow and sunshine Jean Grey. Ughh

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Weren't people calling this "the best X-Book in decades?"
    That was just one guy lol.

And it isn't?

I consider it the best since Bendis left

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Y'all are reaching. The problem with Havok's speech is not about how he wanted people to see mutants and humans as the same, which is what Jean says here, is how he acts like "mutant" was some kind of slur with the "That word represents everything I hate".

How he was asking for people to not even mention that he's a mutant anymore on situations like those(which is specially dumb considering that the Unity Squad was all about showing mutants working with the Avengers to the public). While Jean is only talking about how on an ideal future people wouldn't see mutants and humans with an "us vs them" mindsent.

She's the one who wanted to get mutants a seat on the UN table to deal with mutant issues, because she understands that in reality something like this is not happening any time soon. Alex wanted to sweep the problem under the rug while Jean is thinking about solutions that could help making a future where there isn't a problem anymore.
    Maybe Jean should had just to declare war with humanity, then she would be right
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-12-2018 at 10:22 AM.

What a dumpster fire of an issue.

The one upside was Gabby head ganking Nova. Seriously though why couldn't she just die?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I remember people writing thinkpieces that Taylor was RTing on Twit.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I wanted more from the Nova and Jean showdown. This book started really strong, but it lost momentum these last couple of issue. I still enjoyed the ending, but it wasn't everything I had hoped for. It was nice to have the team more involved in this issue, as that had been an issue in previous chapters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    More than one, I think. I liked most of the book, but there's a lot of overhype, mainly here.

Rank 7 of 10.

Overall it was a good issue but can not deliver what has promised. The final battle with Nova did not even come close to being the epic battle had hoped for. Even the presence of the Avengers did not make much difference in this sense.

X-men Red had ups and downs but I really enjoyed the topics covered although they have not always been well explored. Jean's final speech to me was the best part portraying some of the problems our present world faces and how we are manipulated and played against each other easily.

This comic and the writer have been accused several times of acting on an agenda but all I see are heroes doing what is right and saving lives and in the end is what matters. I expected more from the first comic and team with Jean in charge and honestly think the writer failed in most of the action scenes or how he dealt with some characters but the end result was not bad. Red is worth more for the message and alerts than for the story itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    More than one, I think. I liked most of the book, but there's a lot of overhype, mainly here.
    Maybe in the earlier months, but whereas the hype died down here a bit it's still considered a treasure everywhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple more thinkpieces now that it's finished declaring it the Astonishing X-Men of this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I wanted more from the Nova and Jean showdown. This book started really strong, but it lost momentum these last couple of issue. I still enjoyed the ending, but it wasn't everything I had hoped for. It was nice to have the team more involved in this issue, as that had been an issue in previous chapters.
    What do you mean by momentum? The pacing was abysmal at the start and so was the use of the rest of the team. The pacing improved towards the end as well as the use of the rest of the team. At the start it was Jean doing everything.

The fight scenes were piss poor but I suppose Taylor took notes from Rosenberg Nova controlling a bunch of soldiers and battling Jean and knocking her down is on par for Cassandra Nova. Despite him low balling her intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple more thinkpieces now that it's finished declaring it the Astonishing X-Men of this decade.
    I wouldn't wish that on any book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I wouldn't wish that on any book.
    Well, they're both overhyped books that dance between the raindrops of continuity and are "great" because they are classic, have a positive tone and are easy for new readers to get into.

BANNED

Lol it's not like one kinda anticlimactic, rush-to-end-the-series issue invalidates the rest of the work. Haters are odd.

This was overall the best X-Book since the Gillen and Aaron duo ended, even if it didn't have the greatest ending.

I didn't quite get the points about the duality of Jean Grey that I think are absolutely essential to any great Jean Grey story, but this series was a good one at least.

As cheesy as it is, Jean finding a way to overcome the villain with feelings is pretty in line and fits with the "X-Men don't kill" thing.

It would have been nice to see her struggle with the notion of having to put Cassandra down for good before coming this empathy resolution.

Anyway, on the whole I think this series was great and it's certainly beating my estimation of the new Uncanny.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 12-12-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Not best in decades but best team book in years despite its faults

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And it isn't?

I consider it the best since Bendis left

Maybe Jean should had just to declare war with humanity, then she would be right
    It definitely is not. Taylor copypasting the bare minimum of 'social change' tweets to Jean's dialogue made this book stand out. This definitely was not a bad series, but it certainly didn't live up to the hype that came with the first 3 or 4 issues.