Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

I think people are more upset at the story being unimpressive. The religion scene was pointless. And the writers probably would have got more backing if the story was any good. And I like the writing of Rosenberg and Thompson in general. Not a fan of Brisson

Nate Grey will proceed to erasing the x-gene and sexual orientation as per the human leader, perhaps gender and then we can end up with Sinister London

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Twitter is the root of all evil.
    Twitter isn't owned by Mark Zuckerberg so...
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She was already motivated, the scene did not influence her state of mind in any way (especially since the writers decided to forego her own adherence to a religion). Which makes the whole scene pointless aside from showing off Nate's abilities.
    But she was not motivated. Not in the sense that X-Man wanted her to participate in his new world and not in the sense that she realized how far X-Man would go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Marvel was probably HOPING to get this kind of controversy. If anything I think they're probably disappointed it took this long and there's barely any buzz.
    That's honestly what happened with Gold #1. There's no chance in hell that book would have gotten the kind of attention it received (CNN, BBC, etc.) if Marvel hadn't made it bigger than it actually was. They made it seem they were firing an artist who didn't have an assignment past two issues. What he did wasn't right, but them turning it around for attention was just all kinds of scum tactics for attention.

Everything that Nate is trying is the same thing the Phoenix Five did already, but the execution is half-assed...just like this event.

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    Twitter isn't owned by Mark Zuckerberg so...
    Twitter isn't owned by Zuckerberg...Instagram is.

Twitter is run by Jack Dorsey
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 12-17-2018 at 11:53 AM.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Twitter isn't owned by Zuckerberg...Instagram is.

Twitter is run by Jack Dorsey
    Yes, I avoid Zuckerberg Industries like the plague.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I liked Polaris being sassy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    ... Loved the ending with Polaris/Magneto...
    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Polaris tete-a-tete with Magento definitely the best part. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Why did people like the Polaris/Magneto scene? It was extremely impersonal and the writers threw away the possibility (again) of giving emotional resonance to this empty event. If Polaris hadn't referred to Mags as "father", you could replace her with Storm and the scene would go exactly the same.
    Maybe the answer lies within the question itself, and that in part it's just because it was specifically, a "Polaris/Magneto scene." And IDK...

... Ororo saying "oops," would seem more than a lil' OOC to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Lorna being the only child of the franchise's biggest and best villain is treated like it's a trivia question. No one cares except Bunn sometimes. ...
    But more & more fans seem to care, which is what counts. TPTB will catch on sooner or later, if they haven't already, by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm bored, but I am looking forward to the AU stuff more than the journey getting to it at this point. ...
    Though I like & am enjoying this overall, for the most part, kinda feel the same. But TBH, pretty much did soon as AoXM was announced, for obvious reasons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So Beast... the mutant vaccine... Anyone think the thief is important to this story? Or who stole it?
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It probably is important to the story I'm sure; maybe it's the key to beating Xman. To your question about who stole it maybe it's cable jr or hope?...
    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    We're not discussing who the thief could be?
    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Unless the art is misleading, they are shorter than the height of the fridge. Beast was shown to be taller than the fridge even hunched over. So they must be considerably shorter than Beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ... I dont think height is supposed to be hint. I bet the reveal will be inconsistent with this anyway
    I do think the "thief's" apparent diminutive stature, might indeed be a hint. And I'm bettin' that yes, it's to show that it's...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Honey Badger?...
    Which is how & why she ends up in:

... same goes for Beast.

This ish also gave us Polaris' 'transgression', possibly, when she destroyed that ridiculous statue of Nate.

BANNED

I liked how R.B. depicted Warren here:

... even if he's a lil' bit too young looking. And I may be in the minority, but I didn't mind his & Psylocke's scenes, so much. Think it could mean he & Betts are officially done, romantically speaking, for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I liked how R.B. depicted Warren here:

... even if he's a lil' bit too young looking. And I may be in the minority, but I didn't mind his & Psylocke's scenes, so much. Think it could mean he & Betts are officially done, romantically speaking, for the foreseeable future.
    Relationship started meh and it ended meh.

Hopefully this lands Warren into the brotherhood for a permanent spot. He and Magneto did good work together.

BANNED

Also likin' the new Legion/MadroX dynamic, as well as David's seemingly increasing influence, with some of the New X-Men:

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Laura working double-time as Hisako.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Laura working double-time as Hisako.
    She looks so basic without her bangs. I guess at least this artist isnt drawing her like Kitty

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Relationship started meh and it ended meh. ...
    Never been all that passionate about the pairing, myself.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Eh. They were together when I got into X-Men. And it's a better idea than Betsy x Fantomex and Sabretooth and Angel x Husk and Thot X.