Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    ... i've really enjoyed it... this story has been fine so far
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    ... I like it as well. ...
    No matter how it might seem on here, you're not alone:

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    ... 5 different stories and almost none of them makes any real progress from last issue.
    Like most comic series these days, it'll probably read better in trade.

My favourite issue so far. I felt that a lot happened and the story moved forward. Highlights are Polaris, Blob and Omega's new vegetal wonderland and the Angel anger. Can't wait to read next issue.

The art is still not my favourite though.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    No matter how it might seem on here, you're not alone:

Like most comic series these days, it'll probably read better in trade.
    IGN are the only ones we can trust ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Finally got around to reading this. So... yeah. I'm still mildly entertained, but the whole thing so far feels like little more than a poorly paced, totally-serviceable-but-ultimately-inferior remake.

One question for the folks out there who read Iceman's solo books. WTF was up with that awkward, random Blob fat-shaming? Did the Bobster get his feelings hurt by an overweight toxic male or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    IGN are the only ones we can trust ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI
    It’s long been known that the opinions of the X-fans on the CBR boards are usually not representative of X-fans elsewhere. The tone on these boards frequently runs counter to the wider fandom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    It’s long been known that the opinions of the X-fans on the CBR boards are usually not representative of X-fans elsewhere. The tone on these boards frequently runs counter to the wider fandom.
    That's what they want you to think we are the last defense we are the resistance we are all that remains we are in an simulated reality made by the Danger Room ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Those 9.2 , 9.0, and 7.5 scores only make sense if they are out of a possible 100.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    Those 9.2 , 9.0, and 7.5 scores only make sense if they are out of a possible 100.
    ouch

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    How do you explain the falling sales

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    How do you explain the falling sales
    People used to blame it on TPBs, and then digital copies, and then people reading for free...everything, but the quality slipping off a cliff like a suicidal lemming.

The quality wasn't there from the jump, and 5 issues of filler later, it still isn't there.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

BANNED

Ice cold, son. I like it.

Also, almost everything has been getting good grades lately by the critics, so you got to wonder if comics are almost flawless this year or they just have lowered their standards.

I guess people prefer the half-empty glass approach and can't say I blame them, but...

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

Also, almost everything has been getting good grades lately by the critics, so you got to wonder if comics are almost flawless this year or they just have lowered their standards.

I guess people prefer the half-empty glass approach and can't say I blame them, but...
    Unfortunately the answer is...

PAYOLA [pey-oh-luh]
    a secret or private payment in return for the promotion of a product, service, etc., through the abuse of one's position, influence, or facilities.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

It is not like "comic book reviewer" is something anyone needs any qualification for other than, hopefully, being willing to read comics. A lot of reviewers tend to review comics they want to read anyway, and if you are reading ten or more comics every week and reviewing them you probably appreciate books that are quicker reads without too much going on. Pretty books with a couple cool scenes and the promise of some big thing about to happen.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

The quality wasn't there from the jump, and 5 issues of filler later, it still isn't there.
    It’s been trash from the start. We should have expected this though. All the writers have been trash on their other titles, so bringing them together just gives us a bigger bag of trash