Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I enjoyed that Polaris and Magneto's interaction wasn't super sappy. We got that with Betsy and Warren. I mean Lorna doesn't have the means to break through the possession without a telepath helping her, and with Betsy being busy with Warren, what she was expected to do? I wish we had gotten more with them, and it would be nice to see some concern for her father, but I was overall fine with the scene.

BANNED

Ok so they keep giving Psylocke, Jean, X-23, and now Polaris their moments and attention but they forgot about the other characters and it’s like if you are writing a TEAM book then EVERYONE needs to have their moment and be in the spotlight because then it’s just like this could’ve been reduced to 4 members instead of 12. [EDIT] Not to MENTION we still have those other sub plots that haven’t been really addressed yet from Issue #1 like it’s a damn shame that we need a relaunch from a relaunch.
    Last edited by angrt1; 12-12-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    You think Beast would be better about that after what happened with Colossus and the Legacy cure, but nooooope.
    He likely thought "ah, if anyone messes with it and dies we'll just see them resurrected in a year or two... no harm... now how can I mess with the timeline again?"

Oh, and don't forget to take the email poll at the back of the issue!

I am trying my best to not be negative about this event, but we are halfway done and this series has been so boring & uninspired. Lather, rinse, repeat...

As much as I cringe to admit it, Battle of the Atom was more creative & entertaining than this.

Lorna being the only child of the franchise's biggest and best villain is treated like it's a trivia question. No one cares except Bunn sometimes.

Structurally, this story confuses me. When you have these four Horseman wreaking havoc, ten weekly issues, and a bunch of different groups of characters going after 'em, the entire second act should be individual issues all about one Horseman and one team dealing them in a fleshed out encounter. To do this, you would have to have fully set up the conflict with Jesus by #3. Which probably could've been done if there were less pages devoted to old tropey subplots, filler fights, and backup stories in the massive #1.

My Warren tirade may be found in the preview thread. May you all be blessed by the Cyclops, the Nate, and the Holy Cable. Amen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Lorna being the only child of the franchise's biggest and best villain is treated like it's a trivia question. No one cares except Bunn sometimes.

Structurally, this story confuses me. When you have these four Horseman wreaking havoc, ten weekly issues, and a bunch of different groups of characters going after 'em, the entire second act should be individual issues all about one Horseman and one team dealing them in a fleshed out encounter. To do this, you would have to have fully set up the conflict with Jesus by #3. Which probably could've been done if there were less pages devoted to old tropey subplots, filler fights, and backup stories in the massive #1.

My Warren tirade may be found in the preview thread. May you all be blessed by the Cyclops, the Nate, and the Holy Cable. Amen.
    What's that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm asked Lorna what Magneto was doing. Wonder how long this thread will be based on that line
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You just jinxed it. Cue the Claremont pages where Storm is shown to know Erik is scratching his back while they're on opposing sides of the globe.
    Also, this issue was weak and the Archangel at the end was straight up stupid. My expectations get lower and lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Can't find it in me to even care about Warren anymore. Even less about him and Betsy. I feel like her moments were wasted on him. I love how Nate shushed Kitty though. It's what we all wanted. Lol
    Prepare yourself for 25 pages later.
    Snarf.jpg

hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    What were Angels new powers as a horseman of salvation? I may have missed that.
    NONE of them were! Magneto, Omega Red, Warren, Blob...there's been NO explanation about what they can do and how them being horsemen changed them. Why did marvel STOP putting in narrative boxes? This is just dumb and lazy writing.

Betsy & Warren isn't new it's been done SO many times and not necessarily over the course of the past few decades more just recently. It's sad that they're rehashing storylines/crossovers they JUST wrote. The "cure" will feel like another IvX thing.

BANNED

I liked Polaris being Snappy to her father and saying "Oops" after destroying the Statue.
    I liked Storm and Polaris fighting Magneto, but how it was drawn looks like Storm doesn't really need to be there. She's not even attacking the correct target her lightning is hitting the ground. (Wrong Target Storm...Wrong Target)
    I liked Storm taking Charge again which was refreshing to see.
    I liked Same Blitzing Angle into Space that was cool.
    I liked the Art.
    I liked Bobby's comment about Blob being fat and what not.

Disliked the back n forth with Psylocke and Warran...that sucks.

This issue wasn't THAT bad I thought. Though it was a VERY fast read not much happened. And Warren going back to Archangel wasn't much of a good Cliff Hanger lol pretty lack luster to me.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 12-12-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I liked Polaris being Snappy to her father and saying "Oops" after destroying the Statue.
    I liked Storm and Polaris fighting Magneto, but how it was drawn looks like Storm doesn't really need to be there. She's not even attacking the correct target her lightning is hitting the ground. (Wrong Target Storm...Wrong Target)
    I liked Storm taking Charge again which was refreshing to see.
    I liked Same Blitzing Angle into Space that was cool.
    I liked the Art.
    I liked Bobby's comment about Blob being fat and what not.

Disliked the back n forth with Psylocke and Warran...that sucks.

This issue wasn't THAT bad I thought. Though it was a VERY fast read not much happened. And Warren going back to Archangel wasn't much of a good Cliff Hanger lol pretty lack luster to me.

I didnt even notice that

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think this issue was a bit better than the previous ones, but I still am not at all invested in any of the plots. The focus is all over the place and the few character moments there are were either very shallow or unoriginal. I don't mind the scene with Polaris and Magneto in terms of characterization, and the oops line was funny. But, I don't understand why they provoked Magneto into fighting when he wasn't really doing anything and it only distracts from them helping the civilians (that I absolutely do not care about). The Betsy/Warren Angel/Arcangel nonsense is played out, they should have done something else. Art was mostly pretty. I think I'm out, I might pick up the last issue to see how it wraps up.

BANNED

We're not discussing who the thief could be?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I mentioned cable jr or hope. the time travelers. tempus maybe?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I mentioned cable jr or hope. the time travelers. tempus maybe?
    Don't think it will be cable jr,he is with X-force book.Hope doesn't matter now.
    Tempus?Could be?When is the last time we saw her?

*Pushes up glasses* Well, it's obviously a rogue Madrox that has some of the Phoenix Force controlled by Pooky via Death Seed then double controlled by Legion from an alternate timeline's future sent to the past to work at Weapon X and then our present who is also future time-displaced Cyclops' adopted son. *snort*

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Don't think it will be cable jr,he is with X-force book.Hope doesn't matter now.
    Tempus?Could be?When is the last time we saw her?
    why doesnt hope matter now? and cable jr being in xforce prevents him from used here?

and eva, I'm not sure. im just guessing some it would be someone with time traveling capabilities or someone who can walk through realities to undo what xman has done or will do.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!