Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

That wasn't a quiet life it was a pet pairing by one writer who must not be named...good riddance to it being gone...hopefully forever...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but this was super recent like I thought in the astonishing book he was able to control it in that book with x and fantomex. I mean I could be wrong but I thought he could it control it then.. I'm just confused lol
    No, you are right he was giving the gift to go back and forth between forms. I just think they are trying to forget that on purpose. Maybe in issue 6 Warren will make Psylocke Asian again to make it even.
    Last edited by greyspawn; 12-12-2018 at 06:50 PM.

He's talking about clarity and peace. Even though he had the ability to switch forms the monster was still at the back of his mind. Psylocke unlocked that

BANNED

So the good Angel is gone and bad Angel is back?

I thought Prof X gave him ability to control the bad side.

He had that ability in C&C's X-Force. Xavier fixed his mind

Until that Celestial biotechnology gets removed from him, Warren will always be at risk for an Archangel relapse... and writers can't resist an Archangel relapse like they can't resist a [Dark] Phoenix relapse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Warren needs to go back to how he was in the 90s and early 2000s where he was Archangel, still had the Archangel wings and was still useful, but was also conscious of himself and not at risk of losing control. They also need to figure out what that means Who the hell IS Warren Worthington now? There's no definition to him. He's the only member of the O5 without any kind of spine.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Warren needs to go back to how he was in the 90s and early 2000s where he was Archangel, still had the Archangel wings and was still useful, but was also conscious of himself and not at risk of losing control. They also need to figure out what that means Who the hell IS Warren Worthington now? There's no definition to him. He's the only member of the O5 without any kind of spine.
    In the late 90s and early 2000s he had his feathery wings back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    In the late 90s and early 2000s he had his feathery wings back.
    Yeah - I meant more like the earlier 90s. At the least, he should be able to choose between both sets of wings at will.

He needs to not be useless.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Everytime I see an Angel story I laugh when it is put into comtet with the O5 coming to the future.

Jeen: I'm alive now job done I can go home
    Angel: but..
    Iceman: I'm free to live who I really am now
    Angel: umm
    Beast: I become a genocidal maniac but I'm alive
    Cyclops currently dead but will be alive

Poor Angel he wanted to leave straight away and still saw no improvement in his future

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think this issue was a bit better than the previous ones, but I still am not at all invested in any of the plots. The focus is all over the place and the few character moments there are were either very shallow or unoriginal. I don't mind the scene with Polaris and Magneto in terms of characterization, and the oops line was funny. But, I don't understand why they provoked Magneto into fighting when he wasn't really doing anything and it only distracts from them helping the civilians (that I absolutely do not care about). The Betsy/Warren Angel/Arcangel nonsense is played out, they should have done something else. Art was mostly pretty. I think I'm out, I might pick up the last issue to see how it wraps up.
    naw, we're too busy bashing the story

Yeah - I meant more like the earlier 90s. At the least, he should be able to choose between both sets of wings at will.

He needs to not be useless.
    He was able to do that and had a healing factor in fractions run

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He was able to do that and had a healing factor in fractions run
    Then that's what we need to go back to, tbh, as long as his personality was in tact then as well.

I didn't start reading comics until the VERY end of Fraction's end so I missed out on most of the high/lowlights of it.

Then that's what we need to go back to, tbh, as long as his personality was in tact then as well.

I didn't start reading comics until the VERY end of Fraction's end so I missed out on most of the high/lowlights of it.
    He had his wings cut off in Craig and Kyle's X-Force. He had apocalypse cells which healed his metal wings and he had two personalities and two forms like Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Everytime I see an Angel story I laugh when it is put into comtet with the O5 coming to the future.

Jeen: I'm alive now job done I can go home
    Angel: but..
    Iceman: I'm free to live who I really am now
    Angel: umm
    Beast: I become a genocidal maniac but I'm alive
    Cyclops currently dead but will be alive

Poor Angel he wanted to leave straight away and still saw no improvement in his future
    And then his reward was eventually having the younger version of his time-displaced teammates’ son saw off his wings and graft on a complete stranger’s identical wings. Truly, aside from the money, being Angel is suffering.