Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I REALLY want to know exactly what the editors at Marvel actually do because there is SO much that just reads as being lazy from a lot of books. Especially in the Xoffices.
    I think the editors are no better than the writers in terms of they give the green-light to whatever they think sounds cool, rather than if it's accurate. lol Or as mentioned by another poster, some editors may be more lax because they're younger than the writers, so they give more leeway than they should.

Comics need their own "movement" like MeToo & TimesUp that ignites a social revolution to say "enough is enough" with the "i didnt know" bullshit. Editors need to do their jobs on many levels, but I honestly dont think the people in those positions actually want to be there because you dont sense a passion for anything coming out.
    Really the industry is very biased it seems. They aren't professional and don't keep the characters consistent. Like how some characters have fallen off the wagon and become wallpaper. Or they went from competent and powerful to the complete opposite. It seems Marvel is just as biased as regular fans. And if they like a character, they give them all the good stories and moments. And if they don't like the character, said character will be pathetic as Hell so as not to take spotlight away from the pets. And that's not professional. It just ends up making a story a glorified fanfic that got to be inked.

I finally got around to giving this a good read through.
    I'm guessing that I'm in the minority here, because there are times where I really enjoyed this comic. I was sorry to see this book going out on a low note with Sabretooth basically becoming a dumb animal at the end.
    I also may be in the minority on this, but I liked the Creed/Monet romance, or whatever it was. I doubt that we will ever see it picked up on again.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I finally got around to giving this a good read through.
    I'm guessing that I'm in the minority here, because there are times where I really enjoyed this comic. I was sorry to see this book going out on a low note with Sabretooth basically becoming a dumb animal at the end.
    I also may be in the minority on this, but I liked the Creed/Monet romance, or whatever it was. I doubt that we will ever see it picked up on again.
    The book was enjoyable on occasion. But as many reviews mention, it was up & down constantly. And none of the characters really got any depth. It was first & foremost an action comedy. And the series was about what the cast did, rather than who they were or them having any interesting motivations.

I thought the Creed/Monet moments we got were nice. But sadly, none of them progressed or solidified their relationship. In the end, Monet wonders what happened to Victor, but is this gonna be followed up? I'm doubting it. And after 15 months of teasing in Uncanny, 17 months of ignoring afterwards, then another 3 months of teasing in Weapon X, it's starting to get old. If Marvel has the guts to pair them, then do it. No other couple has taken this long. If Marvel has already decided against it, they need to tie the thread up & stop dangling it. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-15-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The book was enjoyable on occasion. But as many reviews mention, it was up & down constantly. And none of the characters really got any depth. It was first & foremost an action comedy. And the series was about what the cast did, rather than who they were or them having any interesting motivations.

I thought the Creed/Monet moments we got were nice. But sadly, none of them progressed or solidified their relationship. In the end, Monet wonders what happened to Victor, but is this gonna be followed up? I'm doubting it. And after 15 months of teasing in Uncanny, 17 months of ignoring afterwards, then another 3 months of teasing in Weapon X, it's starting to get old. If Marvel has the guts to pair them, then do it. No other couple has taken this long. If Marvel has already decided against it, they need to cut it down and stop dangling it. lol
    Well, when you put it that way, it's a little hard to disagree, no matter how much I personally enjoyed the comic.

Well, when you put it that way, it's a little hard to disagree, no matter how much I personally enjoyed the comic.
    But to avoid total pessimism, maybe things here will get a follow up. The book resurrected Graydon, who's been dead over 20 years. Hopefully Jordan D. White would've approve that unless they came up with some plans for the character. And if his character will come up again, so may the events of this finale.

I'd like to think there's a TBA book waiting where Monet, Deadpool (if written decently), Deathstrike, and maybe even Omega Red may still be a team as they try to find Victor. I know I left out Mystique, but she's barely cared anything for Sabretooth and I don't want her involved if there is more story. lol

But to avoid total pessimism, maybe things here will get a follow up. The book resurrected Graydon, who's been dead over 20 years. Hopefully Jordan D. White would've approve that unless they came up with some plans for the character. And if his character will come up again, so may the events of this finale.

I'd like to think there's a TBA book waiting where Monet, Deadpool (if written decently), Deathstrike, and maybe even Omega Red may still be a team as they try to find Victor. I know I left out Mystique, but she's barely cared anything for Sabretooth and I don't want her involved. So I am hoping if this story is followed, she won't be part of it. lol
    Graydon's return will likely mean the return of the Friends of Humanity, so the X-Men will have some racist, bigoted punching bags for a while.

I'd like to think there's a TBA book waiting where Monet, Deadpool (if written decently), Deathstrike, and maybe even Omega Red may still be a team as they try to find Victor. I know I left out Mystique, but she's barely cared anything for Sabretooth and I don't want her involved if there is more story. lol
    Well, I think that I read somewhere that Marvel maybe might have plans for Monet. Don't ask me where because I don't remember. I took it as chances might be slim though. I could have been reading to much into things though.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Graydon's return will likely mean the return of the Friends of Humanity, so the X-Men will have some racist, bigoted punching bags for a while.
    Yep. Even an idiot like me can spot that one.

Mighty Member

I envision a world.. Where folks stop being willful ignorant and obtuse about colorism. I am gonna say it for those in the back.. Monet and Roberto are Black.. Black folks come in a variety of shades fyi.. . Black does not equal just African American. Black includes the diaspora. They are black.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/0ead...temid=12138069https://media1.tenor.com/images/0ead...temid=12138069

Well, I think that I read somewhere that Marvel maybe might have plans for Monet. Don't ask me where because I don't remember. I took it as chances might be slim though. I could have been reading to much into things though.
    Jordan D. White said it. I read the tweet a while back. Someone asked if there'd be plans for Monet soon, and he said maybe. Which sounded like there's talks of her for a book, but things have no been decided yet. It's like that X-book that was supposed to have a team of Bishop, Sabretooth, Monet, Mystique, Emma, Armor, and Chamber. But the book never came to fruition. A shame because I was interested.

Yep. Even an idiot like me can spot that one.
    It almost seems too predictable. But who knows. I did mention that we basically traded one for another. One human mutant hater with a younger mutant-hater. Plus Marvel seems to be trying to make some more villains.

But if Graydon's a villain and hating mutants, what kind of encounter will he have with Creed when they meet again? Gotta admit even if Sabretooth does regress, I would be interested in seeing that reunion. Assuming it's not written that they both forgot what happened.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-15-2018 at 09:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I REALLY want to know exactly what the editors at Marvel actually do because there is SO much that just reads as being lazy from a lot of books. Especially in the Xoffices.

Truth is it never went away. It never honestly got better. There were a few examples of progress, but the ignorance was always there and in whispers. Our society now is one where people say whatever they want...it began on social media and there's been a bleed into real life because there aren't any consequences. There's a lack of social shame and decorum in the way people interact and I don't think we're ever going to get it back. It's more honest, but people generally aren't nice.

Comics need their own "movement" like MeToo & TimesUp that ignites a social revolution to say "enough is enough" with the "i didnt know" bullshit. Editors need to do their jobs on many levels, but I honestly dont think the people in those positions actually want to be there because you dont sense a passion for anything coming out.
    Or really the MeToo and other movements like Oscars So White could call out comics. It's up to victims and those blocked out to take action.

Jordan D. White said it. I read the tweet a while back. Someone asked if there'd be plans for Monet soon, and he said maybe. Which sounded like there's talks of her for a book, but things have no been decided yet. It's like that X-book that was supposed to have a team of Bishop, Sabretooth, Monet, Mystique, Emma, Armor, and Chamber. But the book never came to fruition. A shame because I was interested.

It almost seems too predictable. But who knows. I did mention that we basically traded one for another. One human mutant hater with a younger mutant-hater. Plus Marvel seems to be trying to make some more villains.

But if Graydon's a villain and hating mutants, what kind of encounter will he have with Creed when they meet again? Gotta admit even if Sabretooth does regress, I would be interested in seeing that reunion. Assuming it's not written that they both forgot what happened.
    Well, I liked Monet, Domino, and Warpath the best of this cast. The other two are in X-Force, so hopefully it is Monet.
    If Creed does revert, he may not care about Graydon at all, unless it involves a paycheck for killing him. I cant remember how they got along off of the top of my head.

Well, I liked Monet, Domino, and Warpath the best of this cast. The other two are in X-Force, so hopefully it is Monet.

If Creed does revert, he may not care about Graydon at all, unless it involves a paycheck for killing him. I cant remember how they got along off of the top of my head.
    Well Sabretooth didn't kill Graydon when he had the chance. At first, he refuses to accept that a pencil neck like Graydon is his son because he looked like a sissy. After Graydon kills Birdy, Creed releases him and sarcastically calls him his "darling baby boy" before leaving & warning Graydon that he'd be keeping an eye on him.

Once X-Factor came in, Sabretooth showed he liked teasing Graydon, but didn't seem to come at him with any real psycho intent. In fact, we have this little scene. lol
    Attachment 74980

He also calls himself one of Graydon's biggest supporters when he first met him again.
    Attachment 74981

So he did seem to have a certain amount of respect & fondness for him.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-15-2018 at 09:44 PM.

All-New Member

True. Gotta admit, I also enjoyed the book, despite the validity of many of the criticisms voiced here.

I thought the Creed/Monet moments we got were nice. But sadly, none of them progressed or solidified their relationship. In the end, Monet wonders what happened to Victor, but is this gonna be followed up? I'm doubting it. And after 15 months of teasing in Uncanny, 17 months of ignoring afterwards, then another 3 months of teasing in Weapon X, it's starting to get old. If Marvel has the guts to pair them, then do it. No other couple has taken this long. If Marvel has already decided against it, they need to tie the thread up & stop dangling it. lol
    If this arc wasn't so phoned in, I would've guessed Monet's story continues where Sabretooth's does because otherwise...this was a rando cameo for a character who isn't a big name (like Deadpool).

Maybe it'll happen in Age of X-Man. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    If this arc wasn't so phoned in, I would've guessed Monet's story continues where Sabretooth's does because otherwise...this was a random cameo for a character who isn't a big name (like Deadpool).
    It's pretty common. Deadpool was useless here & so was Laura back in the Weapon H arc. Seems bringing in useless guests is a fondness Pak has. Of course X-23 & Deadpool are bigger names than Monet, but the result is the same. Bringing in characters that don't serve any purpose & wouldn't be missed if taken out.

Maybe it'll happen in Age of X-Man. Who knows?
    I doubt it. If they were in AoX, we'd probably have seen them in some covers or solicits or something. Hell Glob is here. lol

But time will tell. Back to the waiting game.