Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

this is probably the last X book that will be fun for the next few years, way rather this continue than X-Force's relaunch with tween Cable

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Um... it’s actually a pretty reasonable depiction. Monet’s ethnic makeup is 1/4 black, 1/4 white, and 1/2 Algerian. And Algerians aren’t that dark. See Sofia Boutella.
    *looks my my brown moroccan skin that i got from my moroccan parents who both have brown skin* i guess my skin tone just not that common amongst north africans even tho the vast majority of north africans have brown coloured skin

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Well, I think that I read somewhere that Marvel maybe might have plans for Monet. Don't ask me where because I don't remember. I took it as chances might be slim though. I could have been reading to much into things though.
    jordan d. white was asked a few times if there's any plans for monet which he always answered with maybe. tbh it sounds like to me he's skirting around the issue and just doesn't want to say no and face backlash on twitter. she wasn't in that big artwork with all the x-mens when they announced uncanny relaunch and the new events and she hasn't even so much as cameod in major x-men events/books in over a year except for that one issue of blue where they went back to the 90's. and many writers have been asked about monet on twitter but they just ignore or skirt around it.

creed had his reversion coming and i'm honestly surprised it lasted this long since many people didn't like it myself included. if you're going to change from your killer/rapist sociopathic ways at least have the character have a real redemption instead of some whacky magic nonsense do the trick. the books was fun at time but plotholes and bad characterisation outweigh any once of fun this book had. at least it didn't take itself too seriously i guess

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m currently up to the Sabretooth’s in charge storyline, and here’s my thoughts so far: Logan, Domino, Warpath should be out of this book. Sabretooth is too tame. I know he’s inverted in this book, but I don’t like it. I’d like to see Wild Child, Murmur, Radius, Double Trouble, Tygerstrike, Yeti and Kane. Make them government lackeys, not mercenaries, forced into service.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    creed had his reversion coming and i'm honestly surprised it lasted this long since many people didn't like it myself included. if you're going to change from your killer/rapist sociopathic ways at least have the character have a real redemption instead of some whacky magic nonsense do the trick. the books was fun at time but plotholes and bad characterisation outweigh any once of fun this book had. at least it didn't take itself too seriously i guess
    Well the inversion itself seemed to only be the key to the beginning of developing Sabretooth as Bunn made it a plot point that the inversion was wearing off back in Uncanny and that beyond that, Creed becoming something new was his decision rather than going back to who he was. It’s honestly a shame that status quo has to flush that all away and make it virtually meaningless.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well the inversion itself seemed to only be the key to the beginning of developing Sabretooth as Bunn made it a plot point that the inversion was wearing off back in Uncanny and that beyond that, Creed becoming something new was his decision rather than going back to who he was. It’s honestly a shame that status quo has to flush that all away and make it virtually meaningless.
    Agreed. Really Pak flushed it all away & made it meaningless over a year ago. lol When this series started, His Sabretooth was nothing like Bunn's. He wasn't trying to atone for his sins. He wasn't trying to do better. He even complains when he doesn't get to kill people. It seems the inversion started getting mentioned more because it was gonna factor into this ending. But when when it's addressed, it comes off sloppy. Like Pak's Creed saying he's inverted & being shocked that he ends up in Hell after doing nothing throughout the series to repent.

Bunn's Sabretooth outright stated that he'd probably be going to Hell when he died. He accepted his horrible history and tries to do better because it's right. Pak's Creed got "inverted" and seems to think it was a get-out-of jail free card and he can still act the way he did before and receive salvation. And really, it's done so badly, it retcons the entire purpose in inversion.