Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Default Weapon X #27 -Not Good *spoilers*

Well, some of us talked about this in the Weapon X Preview threads, and our fears have come true.

#1, The issue was rushed & had to do a lot of jumping around & cramming to get things concluded. Sabretooth is reverted this issue. Welcome home Wolverine-Appendage / Punching-Bag Villain.

Now that we got that out of the way, here's the overview. Won't be as detailed because I was seething before I read it. Seething after I read it, and now having to relive it through this overview description. lol
    spoilers:

We got the preview. The team gets a vision where they see Mentallo sacrificing members of the cult to resurrect Stryker. Sabretooth tells them to go stop him, and he'll deal with Stryker. Mentallo gains a power boost from Stryker, and overwhelms the team. Stryker shows Creed an image & says he can kill him in exchange for watching his friends die. Sabretooth returns and tells Azazel to teleport him to the others. Mentallo is too strong, and Sabretooth says if his mind is too weak for Mentallo, then he'll lose it.

Sabretooth begins to tear it up, and the demons decide to use him for a sacrifice instead. He's thrown into the pit & sliced pretty good. Somehow he still magaes to kill the demons, and he ends up back in Hell to deal with Stryker, and in the end his inversion is sacrificed to revive Graydon, who Creed kept his promise to of getting him out. Sabretooth is mostly an animal who can only snarl, and Marduk doesn't want to claim him. He's not in a state of mind to effectively be punished, so he lets Victor go and tells him to be his true self & earn his way to Hell again. Meanwhile Weapon X-Force sees the destruction of the demons, and Mystique says Sabretooth just happened. Monet wonders what happened to Sabretooth. The end. With Victor running into the woods.
    end of spoilers

So concludes the Weapon X series. There may be details I skipped, but given someone warning me about Sabretooth earlier this morning, I read the chapter in skimmed fashion. Monet & Deadpool were not needed at all. Monet's only reason for being here was Sabretooth & their relationship got as little closure as it did in Bunncanny. lol Mystique's relationship with Creed was more of a focal point. And Creed losing his heroism to bring back Graydon was all kinds of messed up. Who wanted him back?

Fantastic Member

Figures they'd uninvert Victor I figured this would end one of two ways 1. He'd chose to stay in Hell in order to save everyone and to atone for his sins 2. through demonic shenanigans he's lose the inversion and become bad again. Figures they'd go with option two I just didn't think they'd go through with it in such a slapdash rushed manner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Figures they'd uninvert Victor I figured this would end one of two ways 1. He'd chose to stay in Hell in order to save everyone and to atone for his sins 2. through demonic shenanigans he's lose the inversion and become bad again. Figures they'd go with option two I just didn't think they'd go through with it in such a slapdash rushed manner.
    You didn't think?

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

It's bonkers this book went on for 27 issues.

This was...so unsatisfying. I feel like the whole creative team was just done with this series. Oof.

Why'd Pak and Lente spend so much damn time doing nothing for the first ten pages if the last 10 were gonna be this rushed? Also, how hard is it to accurately color her????

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    It's bonkers this book went on for 27 issues.
    And spun off Hulk-verine to extend the suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Why'd Pak and Lente spend so much damn time doing nothing for the first ten pages if the last 10 were gonna be this rushed? Also, how hard is it to accurately color her????
    Not hard. So much as they just don't wanna. I normally take it upon myself to to damage control when they don't wanna behave. lol
    RCO020c.jpg
    Still not perfect, but I am going to play with it more. Least she's not totally fair-skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    This was...so unsatisfying. I feel like the whole creative team was just done with this series. Oof.
    The book never did get much enthusiasm .On Pak's twitter he has tons of posts about his children book and James Bond. But Weapon X was a series he seldom talked about. Unless fans asked him a question, and sometimes not even then.

Then looking at XMenMondays. We got a hand full of Weapon X stuff throughout it's entire run. After that slow team reveal, there was nothing else shared on the series.

So no surprise the ending was half-assed, rushed, and left with lots of stuff hanging open.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Not hard. So much as they just don't wanna. I normally take it upon myself to to damage control when they don't wanna behave. lol
    RCO020c.jpg
    Still not perfect, but I am going to play with it more. Least she's not totally fair-skinned.

The book never did get much enthusiasm .On Pak's twitter he has tons of posts about his children book and James Bond. But Weapon X was a series he seldom talked about. Unless fans asked him a question, and sometimes not even then.

Then looking at XMenMondays. We got a hand full of Weapon X stuff throughout it's entire run. After that slow team reveal, there was nothing else shared on the series.

So no surprise the ending was half-assed, rushed, and left with lots of stuff hanging open.
    Is that supposed to be Monet? Holy **** what happened? Did she get Kwannon'd?

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Is that supposed to be Monet? Holy **** what happened? Did she get Kwannon'd?
    Supposed 2 be. You should see the non-edited version.
    M.jpg

I haven't read it yet and am stuck at work all day...I wanted to peak at the thread to see how bad it was going to be. The thread title says it all I guess

Do we at least get a moment between M and Creed?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I haven't read it yet and am stuck at work all day...I wanted to peak at the thread to see how bad it was going to be. The thread title says it all I guess

Do we at least get a moment between M and Creed?
    We got next to nothing. Same as the last 2 issues.

The most we get is Monet screaming for him when he falls into the pit for the sacrifice. Then she screams for him again while he's sliced to pieces. Here's the panel.
    Despair.jpg
    This is the last time they see each other.

Creed sacrifices himself to get Graydon out of Hell. When Graydon is resurrected, Mystique knows Sabretooth did it and Monet asks what happened to Sabretooth. The chapter ends with Marduk releasing an evil feral Creed into the woods where he runs off. Monet doesn't know what became of him, and he probably doesn't remember who she is right now.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-12-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And spun off Hulk-verine to extend the suffering.
    I forgot about that.

Geezus.

BANNED

How did this get to 27 issues while other books are cancelled at 11, 17, or less?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    How did this get to 27 issues while other books are cancelled at 11, 17, or less?
    Between this and that Hulkverine book, it seems like Marvel owed Greg Pak a huge favor.