Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    BANNED

June Solicitations are out for #4:

Life Story 4.jpg

https://www.newsarama.com/44367-marv...citations.html
    THE REAL-TIME LIFE STORY OF SPIDER-MAN CONTINUES!
    Spider-Man’s life enters the 1990s! The COLD WAR is no longer cold as PETER PARKER returns to a world gone MAD! But will he let that madness infect HIM and his family?
    The cracked glass on a window feels like a 9/11 allusion to me. But the synopsis describes an early 90s scenario. And yeah, Spidey looks a little more bulky and pudgy there doesn't he?

"Peter Parker returns" is an interesting choice of phrase. Where is he returning from? Secret Wars, Battleworld? Kraven's grave?

Madness infecting him could be a reference to the symbiote or the notorious "I am the Spider" phase.

I'm curious what they mean by "his family" at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If it was just Aunt May they'd say that. You only say family to talk about wife and kids. By the 90s, Peter should be mid-40s to 50.

It wouldn't surprise me if Zdarsky makes Gwen the Mrs. Parker, or at least the first Mrs. Parker, leading either to divorce or death, or that Peter has children from both wives or something like that.

If he marries Gwen, then I'm going to have to go out and beat up grass.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

yoooooooooooooo he's DUMMY THICC
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

iMan 42s

Madness could always be referring to Carnage who was not only created in the 90's but Maximum Carnage also occurred at the time. "The Spider" could also be referenced here when Peter went insane and there was at least one version of Spider-man who was bonded to Carnage and was called "The Spider".
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Madness could always be referring to Carnage who was not only created in the 90's but Maximum Carnage also occurred at the time. "The Spider" could also be referenced here when Peter went insane and there was at least one version of Spider-man who was bonded to Carnage and was called "The Spider".
    Mark Bagley, the guy who is penciling this series is the co-creator of Carnage. He designed the Carnage symbiote look (Erik Larsen designed Cletus Kasady), while David Michelinie wrote both Kasady and Carnage. Michelinie created Carnage as an unredeemable symbiote to take the place of Venom who people wanted to make an anti-hero.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    June Solicitations are out for #4:

Life Story 4.jpg

The cracked glass on a window feels like a 9/11 allusion to me. But the synopsis describes an early 90s scenario. And yeah, Spidey looks a little more bulky and pudgy there doesn't he?

"Peter Parker returns" is an interesting choice of phrase. Where is he returning from? Secret Wars, Battleworld? Kraven's grave?

Madness infecting him could be a reference to the symbiote or the notorious "I am the Spider" phase.
    Considering how it’s the nineties, it might be Goblins at the moment.

What if there's clones? He is looking at a reflection of himself, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I doubt Aunt May is still alive by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    What if there's clones? He is looking at a reflection of himself, after all.
    Well, it is the 90's .

how old will he be by now late 30's early 40's. wonder if him have that radioactive blood slows down his aging process?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    how old will he be by now late 30's early 40's. wonder if him have that radioactive blood slows down his aging process?
    As per the preview pages and synopsis and general canon. Spider-Man was 15 when he got bitten by the spider in AF#15. Since that was published in August 1962, and Spider-Man is now 57 years old in publishing history, that means a real-time aging Peter would be 15+57...or 72 years in 2019. Or to put it, Peter would be in his twenties in the 70s, thirties in the 80s, forties in the 90s, fifties in the 2000s, and sixties in the 2010s. Obviously there's going to be some overlap and so on.

The concept of powers slowing down the aging powers doesn't seem to be true in the case of Spider-Man in 616 Canon since he has grown and aged visibly from 15 to his mid-20s (at least 10 years have passed in ASM as per Post-BND timeline and Spencer's ASM#14).

I always have problems with that trope, i.e. superpowers mean they age slowly especially when it's not established and clearly defined and seems arbitrary. Like DC comics and other writers seem to assume that Superman is immortal or that he will never age and so on, but if that were true how is that Clark Kent aged visibly from infant to early 30s...why does immortality and agelessness begin on that year and not before? I never bought the idea that Superman's Kryptonian powers means he won't age the same way other people do, even if that's basically become accepted wisdom and norm at this point. It works with Thor and Wolverine who are long-lived immortals who have aged at a slower rate across millenia (in Thor's case) and centuries and decades (in Wolvie's case) but not in the case of Clark Kent who is 30 years old per comics time and looks every bit the 30 years of his life. Obviously the story reasons is they don't want to age Clark Kent out of his supporting cast (i.e. a Lois who ages while a Clark who stays young all the time...the Dr. Manhattan sob story that doesn't have place in any story with the S Shield) but there's nothing visible and established there that Superman won't age.

In the case of Peter, all the spider-bite did was give him powers and abilities of a spider...but it hasn't frozen Peter's aging process since he is never shown aging slower than Harry, Flash or MJ.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 03-19-2019 at 03:43 PM.

BANNED

Doesn't Peter possesses a healng factor? It's not powerful as Logan's or Deadpool's but i think it's strong enough to slow his aging a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    As per the preview pages and synopsis and general canon. Spider-Man was 15 when he got bitten by the spider in AF#15. Since that was published in August 1962, and Spider-Man is now 57 years old in publishing history, that means a real-time aging Peter would be 15+57...or 72 years in 2019. Or to put it, Peter would be in his twenties in the 70s, thirties in the 80s, forties in the 90s, fifties in the 2000s, and sixties in the 2010s. Obviously there's going to be some overlap and so on.

The concept of powers slowing down the aging powers doesn't seem to be true in the case of Spider-Man in 616 Canon since he has grown and aged visibly from 15 to his mid-20s (at least 10 years have passed in ASM as per Post-BND timeline and Spencer's ASM#14).

I always have problems with that trope, i.e. superpowers mean they age slowly especially when it's not established and clearly defined and seems arbitrary. Like DC comics and other writers seem to assume that Superman is immortal or that he will never age and so on, but if that were true how is that Clark Kent aged visibly from infant to early 30s...why does immortality and agelessness begin on that year and not before? I never bought the idea that Superman's Kryptonian powers means he won't age the same way other people do, even if that's basically become accepted wisdom and norm at this point. It works with Thor and Wolverine who are long-lived immortals who have aged at a slower rate across millenia (in Thor's case) and centuries and decades (in Wolvie's case) but not in the case of Clark Kent who is 30 years old per comics time and looks every bit the 30 years of his life. Obviously the story reasons is they don't want to age Clark Kent out of his supporting cast (i.e. a Lois who ages while a Clark who stays young all the time...the Dr. Manhattan sob story that doesn't have place in any story with the S Shield) but there's nothing visible and established there that Superman won't age.

In the case of Peter, all the spider-bite did was give him powers and abilities of a spider...but it hasn't frozen Peter's aging process since he is never shown aging slower than Harry, Flash or MJ.
    No diss, and you know I respect your opinion, but you could have left it at the first paragraph. :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Doesn't Peter possesses a healng factor? It's not powerful as Logan's or Deadpool's but i think it's strong enough to slow his aging a bit.
    Logan's healing factor obviously slowed down his age. He looks like a dude in mid-to-late 30s without a single gray hair despite being 200 years old.

Peter on the other hand is in his mid 20s after spending 10 years minimum as Spider-Man. If his healing factor slowed down his aging at any rate, he should be visibly younger than MJ, Flash, Harry and others. That's not the case, so no his aging is unaffected.

In any case, Peter has the proportional abilities of a Spider, that's what he got, Spiders are not known for aging at a slower rate, quite the contrary. So Peter should consider himself fortunate and grateful that he has humanity's great evolutionary advantage. If you want to do slower aging with an animal superpower, get bitten by radioactive turtles (know to live up to 200 years), or the Greenland Shark (though I think you need superpowers to survive such a bite).
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 03-19-2019 at 04:13 PM.