Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What’re the odds of Miles Morales showing up in the last issue?
    Might be a good bookend. Peter finally retires/dies and this new kid takes over his legacy. I’d say it’s a 50/50 chance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What’re the odds of Miles Morales showing up in the last issue?
    Pretty high, IMO.

My pet theory about the last issue is that this verse briefly gets caught up in Spider-Verse, and this Peter meets 616 Peter, and possibly other alternate versions of Spider-Man, and knows that his legacy echoes all throughout the Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Pretty high, IMO.

My pet theory about the last issue is that this verse briefly gets caught up in Spider-Verse, and this Peter meets 616 Peter, and possibly other alternate versions of Spider-Man, and knows that his legacy echoes all throughout the Multiverse.
    i'm just imagining this peter finding out that 616 has had to fight the same villains again and again while he put norman away pretty decisively
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i'm just imagining this peter finding out that 616 has had to fight the same villains again and again while he put norman away pretty decisively
    It'd be interesting to see them compare notes.

616 Peter went through a lot of the **** that LF Peter went through in a relatively short span of time. But he's had to face fewer lasting consequences.

LF Peter has had to cope with the physical and mental toll that decades of being a superhero can put on you. But he has enjoyed prolonged periods of success and happiness in his life, along with the periods of despair.

Spoilers alert but I found the variant cover artwork for issue 6. It clues in who Peter will be fighting in the last issue.

I'm also VERY disappointed in the variant cover itself as the past variants theme that showcase the art styles and typefaces of their time periods were beautiful timepieces and works of art that fit so well together with the theme of time for this series plus a visual imagery of style changes. Now i knew trying to have a art style that reflects the 2010 was going to be VASTLY difficult compared to the 1960-1980's as time in itself would allow expects and general public to recall and help filter out till a certain styles forge into the mind and vibes of the decade there were used. 2010's is just too recent to have a proper explanation to highlight the art style of the recent past/present. I wanted to collect all these variants and have them display side by side showcasing a visual progression and styles each decade has to them but this one breaks it (and it was the final one)

To see the cover I'll post the link but again warning for spoilers: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tpgAA...O2/s-l1600.png

BANNED

Theoretically any promo marketing stuff isn’t spoilers since that’s stuff that producers disclose to market the product.

The only shock is that I didn’t expect zdarsky to address spencer’s and cates’ runs for the 2010s.

Why not? We've known the whole time that the final issue was set in 2019.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why not? We've known the whole time that the final issue was set in 2019.
    Yeah but as far as Spider-Man in the 2010s go I don’t think they represent the decade. The 2010s is the decade of Miles Morales you know. First appearance is 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Spoilers alert but I found the variant cover artwork for issue 6. It clues in who Peter will be fighting in the last issue.

I'm also VERY disappointed in the variant cover itself as the past variants theme that showcase the art styles and typefaces of their time periods were beautiful timepieces and works of art that fit so well together with the theme of time for this series plus a visual imagery of style changes. Now i knew trying to have a art style that reflects the 2010 was going to be VASTLY difficult compared to the 1960-1980's as time in itself would allow expects and general public to recall and help filter out till a certain styles forge into the mind and vibes of the decade there were used. 2010's is just too recent to have a proper explanation to highlight the art style of the recent past/present. I wanted to collect all these variants and have them display side by side showcasing a visual progression and styles each decade has to them but this one breaks it (and it was the final one)

To see the cover I'll post the link but again warning for spoilers: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tpgAA...O2/s-l1600.png
    I dunno, I kinda feel like all the things you've said makes me feel like it's not actually legit. I mean, have they even revealed the variant for issue 5 yet? Are you 100% certain it's the real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I dunno, I kinda feel like all the things you've said makes me feel like it's not actually legit. I mean, have they even revealed the variant for issue 5 yet? Are you 100% certain it's the real thing?
    I could be wrong. I have ebay setup with the keywords 'life story 6 variant' in their search hoping to get a look at the art possibly before the upc code might cover anything over so I can see what a artist is fully going for minus the areas for the title and such. When this popped up I was disappointed.

The magazine panelxpanel will be devoting a future issue to the mini-series.

https://gumroad.com/l/PXPNO26

There aren't that many mini-series that can support a magazine's worth of discussion.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The magazine panelxpanel will be devoting a future issue to the mini-series.

https://gumroad.com/l/PXPNO26

There aren't that many mini-series that can support a magazine's worth of discussion.
    Not that we should brag but I kinda feel that at CBR, all of us already did multiple magazine's worth of discussion and commentary about this. Even if you edit out and streamline it, the commentary inspired by this series is really quite deep.

Life Story has brought different parts of the Spider-Man fandom together in a way few projects have.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Not that we should brag but I kinda feel that at CBR, all of us already did multiple magazine's worth of discussion and commentary about this. Even if you edit out and streamline it, the commentary inspired by this series is really quite deep.

Life Story has brought different parts of the Spider-Man fandom together in a way few projects have.
    Did...did we just agree?

Thus far Life Story is sitting at the top as my favorite Spider-Man story. Zdarsky is knocking it out of the park.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Did...did we just agree?
    Yes we did. Also proved my point about this project bringing everyone together.