Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    While I dislike the implication that none of PeterÂ’s replacements can ever surpass him, I think itÂ’s horrible to assume that Peter has to die to leave the story. After all the sh*t thatÂ’s happened to him, he deserves an unambiguously happy ending.
    I do not mean that a successor cannot surpass a great. I simply used Williams as an example of going out on top. A more recent example of a great following a great is Aaron Rodgers following Brett Favre for the Green Bay Packers, and although Favre's numbers were great, Rodgers are better. I agree with you that I want a happy ending for Pete. I really want it to be with MJ, but I would take happiness with Felicia for a final outcome. The thing I worry about is Mephisto showing up and Pete having a worse ending then we saw in Requiem

BANNED

While I dislike the implication that none of Peter’s replacements can ever surpass him, I think it’s horrible to assume that Peter has to die to leave the story. After all the sh*t that’s happened to him, he deserves an unambiguously happy ending.
    All Bette's stories have happy endings. That's because she knows where to stop. She's realized the real problem with stories—if you keep them going long enough, they always end in death.
    —The Sandman #5-6, Neil Gaiman.

Death is how everybody ends. Always ends with death in the individual factor. In the grand skeme what comes after is legacy, what we leave behind, and history.

In a class we were talking about the two forms of storytelling: Comedy and Tragedy.
    In one a comedy man has a great life, full of riches, lots of amazement and amusements, happy family, then at old age dies a peaceful death with life fulfilled: Tragedy.
    A Man has a horrible life, tons of death around him, super poor and doesn't know what he's going to do with his years: Comedy
    Reason being for the happy man his story is over and there is nowhere else to go (unless the afterlife exists in the tale and can be presented for the dead individual which then shifts tragedy to comedy as the story possibilities isn't over)
    The unhappy man has a horrible life HOWEVER his life thus story can continue and from that point onwards his life might rise up in ways he doesn't know thus labeled comedy. Thus tragedy and comedy is mainly possibilities if a personal story can continue or not. Thus for all tales when breaking it down is 'comedy' or 'tragedy' only by if a person story for the individual can continue or not.

Afterlife and souls in Marvel tales is always open for interpretation. Now for the Marvel universes it was written to exist and seems to operate differently by maybe species, religion, or other matters as in Thor series Jane was temporarily in the afterlife of the Thor area ready to be welcomed till Odinson/Thor and Odin brought her back to life magic CPR and soon Jane be the 'Valkyrie' and basically be the ferrywoman for heroes under the Thor afterlife spectrum. 'Afterlife' presentation is tricky and debatable and open in the Marvel universe. How does the Afterlife(s) operated? Does every Universe (616, 65, other numbered ones) have there own Multiverse separate afterlife/heaven or does all universes share afterlifes or able to travel to others? Does a Peter soul that the body dies on one Earth meet Peters souls of other Earths in the afterlife? Afterlife was written to existed and so does souls and sometimes presented but then calls to questions when a resurrection happens why is it that the resurrected can't recall a afterlife if they were there?

I like to think that the souls exist and watch over the moral earths and can travel easily to other afterlifes both of religions and Multiverse to meet multiverse friends and other versions of them. When 616 Kamala, Miles, and Earth-65 Gwen dies their souls can still see each other for fun and afterlife milkshakes. That Gwen Stacy of 616 and Jean Gray are great friends and trying to play a game of afterlife Monopoly however the game is CONSTANTLY getting interrupted due to sudden resurrections. They still have not finished. When resurrected they are given a summons by 'higher ups' to mandatory have to go to a 'Department of Afterlife/Mortal Customs and Border Protection' where usually people are just going to the afterlife then traveling from and if they are traveling from they are forced to 'deposit' memories of the afterlife and everything they learned there in a baggage locker before resurrection and pick up and embed when returning to afterlife.

Now death will happen for everybody. For this Peter death is a possible way that the writer might end the story. But how 'tragic' will it be presented and will we see a indication of a afterlife for the soul thus shifting to 'comedy'?
    Death is usually presented as tragic and sad which it is but in what ways and how tragic can be altered. Let's say Peter does have past regrets (we all will in life and this Peter greatly) but instead of a super tragic presentation of it all he's dying of old age (spider powers would extended the body life and healing BUT the body harm from constant battles and poison gases even it all out), is surrounded by people that love him (his kids hopefully, family, friends, and people that admire him), and despite some past regrets he's also happy to know the Earth and his love one's will be fine and can pass away with no fears or worries for them and a life fulfilled with happiness as well.
    His love one are in grief for his passing showing how much he is loved by and we see his legacy, inspirations, and history he left behind in a positive light meanwhile everybody that went to the afterlife before him are there to welcome him and proud of him. It's still tragic but seeing how everybody will die in the end the level of tragedy presented in death can be altered in personal scales.

It's called LIFE STORY and all person's 'life story' ends one way (then the chapter transition tale of a person's soul in 'Afterlife Story' continues).

Marvel has quietly premiered the cover for the official trade paperback of Spider-Man: Life Story. My my, it's a beauty!!

pji0rihk8u031.jpg

The eyes look a little too much like the MCU costume, and I don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Ummm... -_- That's how Zdarsky draws Spider-Man.

BANNED

Cool cover.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Really? It reminds me of Ditko's Spidey.

BANNED

Lifestory is my favourite Spider title at the moment.
    God, how much i missed Bagley in Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Lifestory is my favourite Spider title at the moment.
    God, how much i missed Bagley in Spider-Man!
    Bro, same!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Really? It reminds me of Ditko's Spidey.
    which the mcu spiderman took inspiration from I thought this was common knowledge
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    which the mcu spiderman took inspiration from I thought this was common knowledge
    I'm aware of that, but my point is that it's pretty obviously modelled on Ditko's Spidey and not the MCU costume. I mean, if people don't like the MCU costume that's their prerogative, but that's not what they're going for here.

Astonishing Member

Should the next preview have come out by now?

Astonishing Member

Should the next preview have come out by now?
    Next week, actually.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Next week, actually.
    Right before the book cones out?