BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by emmafrosting View Post
    Attachment 82103

variant cover for issue #3 by ACO

does Peter have kids yet by part 3?

Attachment 82103

These 60's, 70's and now 80's variant covers are beyond belief works of art and showcase a art and font style that shows research put in by the artist and well crafted and the content and form. I like the simplistic though the style can still be hard to master regular covers with a consistent theme for the series which are fantastic but I absolutely love this variant series of the different styles that in turn if all collect also in it's own way is also performs a consistency look in time period works.

These are some of the best covers for a series and overall artworks I have seen. So it enrages me that each one is a 1:25 (1:50 for issue 1) variant! Unaffordable and difficult to attain a work of art. Many do not have the money plus comics is not a impulse buy anymore like past generations might of been but for so many must be planned out budget for the regular cover prices. Poorer people should had access to works of art. When getting to issue 3 for any series their shouldn't be anymore 1:25 variants (and no more 1:10 after 4 issues in a series I feel) for a series as many mom and pop shops will not buy issue numbers that high even for the bigger series sellers. To have such wonderful works to tempt yet to poor to own is enraging.

Attachment 82103

That is a badass cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    That is a badass cover!
    reminds me of the movie "drive". i would marry that cover
    troo fan or death

Attachment 82103

MJ's curls are strong with this one...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Civil War in the 2000s in this version of the universe. Geriatric Steve and Tony are just political rivals, I'm guessing. They're going to be like 70 years old!
    I do not know about Tony, maybe he will use tech to counter the aging or it might be someone else so Marvel can correspond with the events of Endgame but i am sure the the Super Soldier Serum has practically slow down the aging process by a great deal so, unless Steve loses it, he shouldn't have a problem.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does Peter have kids yet by part 3?
    I'm going to throw a bone and say probably yes? Solicitations for the 90s and 2000s issues also mention his "family", and Peter will be mid to late 30s by this era, and so is MJ, it'll makes sense for them to have children at that age. Then again what Zdarsky's doing with this series is quite bonkers so he could mean something entirely different with "family".

BANNED

I think it's possible Zdarsky will save MJ having a kid with Peter for the 90s (Issue 4), when Mayday was actually born. It would be interesting to see MJ holding off on having kids with Peter for a while, a little (a take on her outright reluctance in the critically reviled OMIT's revised history) as well as explore Peter becoming a father much later in his career, past his peak so to speak

Attachment 82103

Great cover! That is perfectly in keeping with 1980s aesthetics.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

We got a new preview for Life Story #3 with some more INCREDIBLY juicy spoilers and reveals:
    https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-...-life-story-3/

spoilers:
    Starts in 1984, MJ is 9 months pregnant with twins, Aunt May's suffering from dementia, Peter's over on Battleworld for the Secret Wars about to get the symbiote, and we find out he did start up a Parker Industries.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    We got a new preview for Life Story #3 with some more INCREDIBLY juicy spoilers and reveals:

spoilers:
    Starts in 1984, MJ is 9 months pregnant with twins, Aunt May's suffering from dementia, Peter's over on Battleworld for the Secret Wars about to get the symbiote, and we find out he did start up a Parker Industries.
    end of spoilers

This is exactly the kind of thing I wanted from this mini when they announced it. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So will the twin names be "Annie" and "Mayday?"

Man, it's kind of both sad and hilarious to see what an Aunt May who actually aged in realtime would be like. I don't think she's long past this issue.

Also - it's kind of funny that the villains seem the least changed during the Secret Wars sequence compared to the heroes. Wait, were the Wrecking Crew even there during the original Secret Wars?

Peter's new suit looks like an armored Scarlet Spider.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    So will the twin names be "Annie" and "Mayday?"

Man, it's kind of both sad and hilarious to see what an Aunt May who actually aged in realtime would be like. I don't think she's long past this issue.

Also - it's kind of funny that the villains seem the least changed during the Secret Wars sequence compared to the heroes. Wait, were the Wrecking Crew even there during the original Secret Wars?

Peter's new suit looks like an armored Scarlet Spider.
    end of spoilers
    The Wrecking Crew were there in the original Secret Wars yes. Chip Zdarsky said that Secret Wars 1984 was the first comic he read and as such this is an emotional homage to a story from his childhood.

spoilers:
    Thor, Hulk, and Wolverine are also least changed and aged which makes sense given they are essentially immortal. Cap also looks fit in that bit where he fights Doom...though I suppose that biologically he was in his mid-20s when he got frozen and thawed out so he'd now be late-40s and early-50s which is plausible I guess. Reed Richards is now really old.

I am a little worried about MJ being pregnant to be honest. The overarching villain in this series is Norman Osborn and we all know what he did to pregnant MJ in the Clone Saga.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    My boys!!! This is about to be so, so, SO GOOD!!
    end of spoilers