Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I assume since people got married sooner back then that he’ll get married to either Gwen or MJ by the early 70’s
    Again, I don't see where you're getting marrying Gwen from. This is the complete established history of Spider-Man against a real world backdrop. In the established history, Gwen still dies and Peter marries MJ. There is no ifs or buts about it.

Zdarsky and Bagley recontextualizing Spider-Man's history against the real world with actual ageing across the decades? Hell yes!

I am most curious to see how much of his supporting cast and his main history will be transplanted to fit into this new older narrative, and what time periods they'll be assigned to.

Color me curious and intrigued.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Again, I don't see where you're getting marrying Gwen from. This is the complete established history of Spider-Man against a real world backdrop. In the established history, Gwen still dies and Peter marries MJ. There is no ifs or buts about it.
    What I meant is that he might already be married to Gwen when she dies, since she was introduced I believe about 1965 in the comics and so she and Peter would have known each other for about six years by ‘71 (when Peter will be about 23/24 and three years graduated). Long enough to have possibly married and have had on child together, maybe. I still think he’ll end up married to MJ, but it’s possible that she might be Wife No 2. Felicia adds an extra complication (not sure what year she first appeared in the comics).

Villains will be interesting if they still appear in the era they first appeared in the comics. Peter will be in his early 40’s when he gets the Black Suit and faces Venom for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can see the ending being a pass the torch moment, as Peter, too old to continue as a hero, hands over responsibility to a new Spider-Man - who, of course, would be Miles Morales.
    Just for something different it would be cool if they worked in Mayday (y'know, the other Peter Parker legacy hero from an alternate universe).
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I am most curious to see how much of his supporting cast and his main history will be transplanted to fit into this new older narrative, and what time periods they'll be assigned to.
    Well, I recall Flash actually went to Vietnam during the war, so that will probably still be a factor.

Interesting concept, and creative team.

I've discussed similar ideas on this board, although it's a relatively obvious tack (something Byrne did with Generations, but others have pulled off as well.)

One story that would make for an interesting adaptation in this format is the alien costume saga if there's an older Peter Parker believing he needs an edge to keep fighting.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One story that would make for an interesting adaptation in this format is the alien costume saga if there's an older Peter Parker believing he needs an edge to keep fighting.
    He would be around 40 by that time too so it would be perfect as a mid-life crisis metaphor.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I believe the only time Marvel has done this before was with Chris Claremont writing a real time X-Men mini series, but that was more about the new generation of mutants with Colossus’s grandson and the younger X-Men of the past now as adults training the new crew - X-23 being an instructor for example. But this is clearly more like Generations.

EDIT: I forgot that one could say Spider-Girl and the MC2 universe kinda did the same thing, but that was spinning more out of 90’s Marvel continuity than from the beginning...
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 12-12-2018 at 05:13 PM.

He would be around 40 by that time too so it would be perfect as a mid-life crisis metaphor.
    Into the Spider-Verse snyergy for the win .

I'm so ready for this like you wouldn't believe. This is something I've wanted for Spider-Man for a long, long time. Can't wait! If I make a custom omni for Chip Zdarsky's Spider-Man, I'm including this as well.

This is going to be EPIC

Astonishing Member

The concept looks interesting.
    And Spider-Man illustrated by Bagley is always great.So i will be getting at least the first issue for sure.

Dating Black Cat could be part of it, too.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

So do we know how many issues this is going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    So do we know how many issues this is going to be?
    They said it would be six issues.