Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Interesting that it looks like spoilers:
    Otto went back to being a villain again, i guess his marriage with May fell apart when she started to go through dementia. Unless Otto is a heroic Doc Ock here.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Interesting that it looks like spoilers:
    Otto went back to being a villain again, i guess his marriage with May fell apart when she started to go through dementia. Unless Otto is a heroic Doc Ock here.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He's grabbing Nightcrawler and it looks like he's about to grab Spidey's neck.

I think he's pretty firmly on the villain's side.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    Heh, I notice that Peter's been gone for three weeks in this 80s tale, as opposed to the two in Kraven's Last Hunt.

I can see some people having a problem with how Zdarsky is writing MJ here. Sure she's frustrated that Peter's missing just as she's expecting children, but the way she says "if I knew this was married life..." indicates that she actually has regrets becoming Mrs. Parker and that's very out-of-character for her

I also like the parallels between Peter and Reed. Peter thinks Reed pushed his family away due to an obligation to responsibility...but what if Peter ends up doing the same to MJ and the children down the line?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-10-2019 at 12:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    Heh, I notice that Peter's been gone for three weeks in this 80s tale, as opposed to the two in Kraven's Last Hunt.

I can see some people having a problem with how Zdarsky is writing MJ here. Sure she's frustrated that Peter's missing just as she's expecting children, but the way she says "if I knew this was married life..." indicates that she actually has regrets becoming Mrs. Parker and that's very out-of-character for her

I also like the parallels between Peter and Reed. Peter thinks Reed pushed his family away due to an obligation to responsibility...but what if Peter ends up doing the same to MJ and the children down the line?
    end of spoilers
    Or it could be she's heavily pregnant and stressed. As in "This is all your fault" which mothers at times shout and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Or it could be she's heavily pregnant and stressed. As in "This is all your fault" which mothers at times shout and so on.
    Absolutely. With where she is right now, plus what's happening to her, heck I'd say, "Where you at?!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Absolutely. With where she is right now, plus what's happening to her, heck I'd say, "Where you at?!"
    To be honest, I am quite worried about that plot and where it might go:

spoilers:
    MJ being pregnant in a hospital brings back Second Clone Saga situation. Norman is established in the first two issues as the main villain of this series. You don't show MJ in the hospital pregnant unless something bad is gonna happen to those kids or you are planning to set something up. Also MJ is pregnant with twins. Sins' Past featured those Stacy twins that Norman raised as assassins and child soldiers. The "missing Baby May" was theorized as a weapon that Osborn wanted to turn against Peter by a lot. So maybe Zdarsky is blending and mashing that together.
    end of spoilers

To be honest, I am quite worried about that plot and where it might go:

spoilers:
    MJ being pregnant in a hospital brings back Second Clone Saga situation. Norman is established in the first two issues as the main villain of this series. You don't show MJ in the hospital pregnant unless something bad is gonna happen to those kids or you are planning to set something up. Also MJ is pregnant with twins. Sins' Past featured those Stacy twins that Norman raised as assassins and child soldiers. The "missing Baby May" was theorized as a weapon that Osborn wanted to turn against Peter by a lot. So maybe Zdarsky is blending and mashing that together.
    end of spoilers
    Who knows? Whatever the story is, I trust Zdarsky. After an amazing first two issues, I'm willing to follow this to the end.

BANNED

Who knows? Whatever the story is, I trust Zdarsky. After an amazing first two issues, I'm willing to follow this to the end.
    Oh I agree. I am worried in terms of the characters. I can't imagine how awful Peter would feel in that situation.

Astonishing Member

Considering how Peter and MJ were separated for a period of time, this might be Zdarsky adapting it. They’re obviously going to work things out though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Considering how Peter and MJ were separated for a period of time, this might be Zdarsky adapting it. They’re obviously going to work things out though.
    That might happen in the 90s amdist all the cloning trouble that'll resurface, though Zdarksy's take on this series has been widely original so noone can be certain anymore

I hope the Spider-Twins factor into a Spider-Verse take.

Oh I agree. I am worried in terms of the characters. I can't imagine how awful Peter would feel in that situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    For sure. Zdarsky is killing it with this series, and if he doesn't get some kind of Spider-Man Omnibus, I'm going to flip out.

spoilers:
    Thor, Hulk, and Wolverine are also least changed and aged which makes sense given they are essentially immortal. Cap also looks fit in that bit where he fights Doom...though I suppose that biologically he was in his mid-20s when he got frozen and thawed out so he'd now be late-40s and early-50s which is plausible I guess. Reed Richards is now really old.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Cap doesn't age as long as his super soldier serum is active, that's why he's still young. We don't see Iron Man's face, but that should be Jim Rhodes, not Tony Stark, which would explain him still being active.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'd say Reed should hypothetically be in his 60s here, which is not that old but when you consider the stress from his personal life you can see that believably taking a toll on his physical appearance.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Cap doesn't age as long as his super soldier serum is active, that's why he's still young. We don't see Iron Man's face, but that should be Jim Rhodes, not Tony Stark, which would explain him still being active.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    OR it could be 40-something Tony Stark in the armor. Honestly its quiet plausible that most of the heroes who debuted during the 60's could still be active in the 80's. If they started out in their twenties or early thirties, they'd be in their forties or early fifties...not elderly.

On the subject of ages, not sure how I feel about Aunt May being referred to as 90. Dunno if that's MJ exaggerating or not, but 90 is ridiculously old for Aunt May at this point! Are we to believe she was pushing 70 when Ben died? I always envisioned her as being in her fifties, maybe pushing 60 at most during Spider-Man's early years.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    spoilers:
    OR it could be 40-something Tony Stark in the armor. Honestly its quiet plausible that most of the heroes who debuted during the 60's could still be active in the 80's. If they started out in their twenties or early thirties, they'd be in their forties or early fifties...not elderly.

On the subject of ages, not sure how I feel about Aunt May being referred to as 90. Dunno if that's MJ exaggerating or not, but 90 is ridiculously old for Aunt May at this point! Are we to believe she was pushing 70 when Ben died? I always envisioned her as being in her fifties, maybe pushing 60 at most during Spider-Man's early years.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Makes sense for May to be 70 at the start. She always looked older (even in the original Ditko style). It's modern day 616 Aunt May that looks a little younger and more spry these days. But I don't see May being 90 a stretch. I definitely, unfortunately, do not see her going to the end of this arc, that's for sure.
    end of spoilers