Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    spoilers:
    OR it could be 40-something Tony Stark in the armor. Honestly its quiet plausible that most of the heroes who debuted during the 60's could still be active in the 80's. If they started out in their twenties or early thirties, they'd be in their forties or early fifties...not elderly.

On the subject of ages, not sure how I feel about Aunt May being referred to as 90. Dunno if that's MJ exaggerating or not, but 90 is ridiculously old for Aunt May at this point! Are we to believe she was pushing 70 when Ben died? I always envisioned her as being in her fifties, maybe pushing 60 at most during Spider-Man's early years.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Tony was already in his 30s when he debuted, so he'd be pushing 60 now. The only reason he's STILL in his 30s in modern comics is that he got de-aged in the 90s.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Of the Marvel characters, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man, and also the X-Men are the only titles where characters have aged and progressed. In the pages of FF at least 15 years have passed and those 15 years are the actual timeline for the entire MU which overlaps with their personal growth. Spider-Man has aged 10 years at least given the official Mid-20s designation of his age in Spencer's run. The O5 X-Men have aged as well as Piskor's Grand Design shows. Like Reed Richards in 616 has become a father of two kids born in a span of years separating them. Basically those are dynamic characters within Marvel's stable.

Next to that are more static characters. Fully formed at inception and still basically in the form when they first turned up. Like Tony being more or less the same age he was when he started as Iron Man, Cap only recently thawed out of ice, Wolverine being an immortal dude with ageless healing factor, Thor an actual god from Viking times, Banner/Hulk more or less still stuck in the same rut he was when he saved Rick Jones' sorry ass.

Astonishing Member

1984, that's the year I was born. And I personally miss those years. Well, I can't remember much before 1989, but the 80's were a great time for being a kid.

I don't know what to expect from future issues, but this is really intriguing. Personally, I hope for Flash Thompson not being really dead, so he can become Agent Venom. And the twin things, Sins Past do over? I really don't like the sound of it. I have a great love for MC2's Mayday and RYV's Annie.

If this book is following Spider-Man's real story, we could take a guess about what it can comes in future issues, after all.

1º) Issue #3 - The 80s:
    - We clearly have Secret Wars, the Alien Costume Saga and the debut of Venom. Something weird, I have to say, is the fact Peter and MJ were already married and MJ was pregnant. Historically, Peter and MJ didn't marry until AFTER Secret Wars, and MJ became pregnant in the 90s.
    - One of the covers suggest we could also have Kraven's Last Hunt, but since this Peter has Parker Industries and other stuff, I don't think he can capture Peter just like that.
    - Also, with Parker Industries and other stuff changing, maybe the symbiote won't become Venom alongside Eddie Brock.

2º) Issue #4 - The 90s:
    - Reached this point, Aunt May will surely be dead. And since the solicitation talks about Peter's family, maybe he has kept his TWINS. Either that, or has Mayday's counterpart here. The Twins should have 10 years now, and if Mayday exist, she would be a baby.
    - This decade has the debut of Carnage, alongside a massive attack of Spider-Slayers and the infamous Clone Saga. This might be the part of Peter's world going MAD.
    - There's also the Gathering of the Five, but I doubt ti can be important.

3º) Issue #5 - The 00s:
    - We are going to have Civil War, alright. However, I believe Peter will take precautions to avoid the whole mess about OMD. If he's rich with Parker Industries, he could leave the country.
    - We could have the arc of The Other in this issue, although by this time, Peter must be 58 years or so. I don't see the point. What if his "regeneration" turns him younger? It would be unfair for MJ.
    - If the Twins' stuff is based on Sins Past, we could heve their return here.

4º) Issue #6 - The 10s:
    - We have Spider-Island, although reached this time, MJ should have 68 years more or less. So, even if she get spider-powers, I don't see the point. Unless it will make her younger like Peter's Other or something.
    - This is also the decade of the whole Spider-Verse and its sequel, Spider-Geddon.
    - Finally, we could have Dead No More in this story.
    - By this time, Peter's kids should be in their 20s or 30s, so Peter would surely retire from being Spider-Man and pass the torch to their children.

Well, what do you think?
    Last edited by Ursalink; 05-10-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

It’s possible that one of the twins dies which would be a middle ground between the two possible futures.

Miles Morales will factor into the last issue, I think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is why I have a love-hate relationship with legacy characters. So, long as the original still exists, they’re redundant, but Peter’s gonna be 70+ by 2010s. Since his longevity only goes so far, he should really be thinking of a successor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I guess he kind of has to, but I'd kind of prefer to have one of Peter's kids become his legacy heroes.

Thing is, even Peter's kids will be in their 30s by that point. They'd be 35 in 2019. So the dynamic between them and Miles would be similar to that of Peter and Miles in 616.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess he kind of has to, but I'd kind of prefer to have one of Peter's kids become his legacy heroes.
    Who knows, maybe one of his kids turns evil in Life Story. I mean this is the age of Kylo Ren.

I think that maybe one of the kids could be a boy who essentially serves as Ultimate Peter Parker. i.e. the surrogate for Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man which was a big story in the 2000s (and drawn by Mark Bagley). Bagley also modeled Richard Parker in the Ultimate Clone Saga on Romita's Peter Parker. And of course Peter's great tragedy in his later years is seeing the death of that kid, who is also best friends with Miles Morales or serves as his babysitter and so on.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, if the 2000s sees the introduction of Morlun, I could see some tragedy befalling Peter's kids if they end up becoming Spiders.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, if the 2000s sees the introduction of Morlun, I could see some tragedy befalling Peter's kids if they end up becoming Spiders.
    Life Story ending with the Inheritor war is probably where it's going, yeah.

Hey, if Zdarsky was feeling bold, he could get Mephisto involved with the Spider-Twins, which would be a nod to what he did with Scarlet Witch and Vision's kids, who were also twins

so has Peter ever been depicted as having a male heir who is allowed to grow up? Wasn't there a rather tragic fate for the "original" Spider-Girl's extended family? (I have no idea what her earth number is)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so has Peter ever been depicted as having a male heir who is allowed to grow up?
    Most of Peter's children who have superpowers tend to be girls. The one exception is Mayday's baby brother Benjy but he hasn't grown up yet.

Peter's children tend to play big roles in the Spider-Verse mythos. Mayday and Benjy in the first SV and then Annie in Spider-Geddon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so has Peter ever been depicted as having a male heir who is allowed to grow up? Wasn't there a rather tragic fate for the "original" Spider-Girl's extended family? (I have no idea what her earth number is)
    One of DeFalco's original endings for Spider-Girl was to have a time jump and showcase Benjy as the new Spider-Man. Concept art was even drawn for it by Frenz.

As for the tragic fate, are you referring to the possible future vision Mayday had where she was the successor to the Black Tarantula, Benjy wasn't a hero, and Peter and MJ had died in an accident? Or Peter being killed by the Inheritors in Spider-Verse? Because Peter was resurrected at the end of Spider-Geddon and became the latest version of The Other.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-12-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    spoilers:
    Makes sense for May to be 70 at the start. She always looked older (even in the original Ditko style). It's modern day 616 Aunt May that looks a little younger and more spry these days. But I don't see May being 90 a stretch. I definitely, unfortunately, do not see her going to the end of this arc, that's for sure.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She is probably 90 right now in the comics her lifespans is ridiculous. Since Mj is pregnant with twins I hope nothing bad happens like Norman taking one of the twins I'm also expecting Black Cat this issue too
    end of spoilers